Sponsored

Mach 1 replica stripes out now out. :)

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like some places now sell replica Mach 1 stripes, looks like its a two stage decal you have to apply. and the Mach 1 letters are a separate vinyl so you can skip them. seems so far I have only found orange or silver as the side stripe options for both hood and side, Silver would stand out more on a darker color car over the factory white option?

mach.JPG
Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Who

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
That didn't take long.

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
A place called autodesign has them and also some sellers on ebay.

https://autodesign.shop/collections/decals-stripes-stickers-for-ford-mustang

I was thinking maybe I could try this on my car and I modded the stripe a bit, maybe just cut the lower fender portion off so its a straight stripe into the wheel well, since I do not have any lower black winglet on the front bumper that blends in to the extra black angled portion.

Another idea was to simulate a Shelby GT side stripe, where they end at the rear edge of the door, by skipping the rest of the rear fender section, might even work angled at front or perhaps straight like shelby.

mod.jpg

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any negative to placing a vinyl decal of a text on top of a vinyl strip, or the matte black vinyl pattern layer on top of the gloss black vinyl layer?

Will that even hold up?

Sponsored

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Is there any negative to placing a vinyl decal of a text on top of a vinyl strip, or the matte black vinyl pattern layer on top of the gloss black vinyl layer?

Will that even hold up?
There's nothing negative about placing a sticker on top of another sticker.

As for whether or not it will hold up, that entirely depends on what kind of vinyl is used. If it's 3M or Vvivid it will hold up fine. If it's some cheap chinese crap then it might last a couple of months or it might last a couple of years and it might leave residue on your paint. Only time will tell

rothrj91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Lime PP1 GT
Nice. I've been looking for a premium set of Mach 1 stripes and these look like they will fit the bill.
At least they have black and silver. That should go with pretty much any color.

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Nice. Too bad they don't offer more color options. Even on a real mach 1 it would be nice to have more color matching options.
This is false. They'll make whatever you want, especially since the design is done already. I contacted them about making the black/red decals and they responded and added it to the website within 24hrs. It is all 3M film based. I told them the closest red is probably "3M dark red" (hopefully I am right). Since I have shadow black I also had the thought of blacking it out with just different materials (matte/gloss/satin mix) or even replacing the red trim with gold trim. Will give an update on quality/match against OEM in 1-2 weeks

Sponsored

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
This is false. They'll make whatever you want, especially since the design is done already. I contacted them about making the black/red decals and they responded and added it to the website within 24hrs. It is all 3M film based. I told them the closest red is probably "3M dark red" (hopefully I am right). Since I have shadow black I also had the thought of blacking it out with just different materials (matte/gloss/satin mix) or even replacing the red trim with gold trim. Will give an update on quality/match against OEM in 1-2 weeks
Nice. On my eruption green I wanted to have a bronze stripe.

rothrj91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Lime PP1 GT
Post some pics when you get them installed. I'm interested on how they turn out.

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I bet transparent might be a good option, the colored section is cut out so that area exposes the factory color just leaves the thin black border outline, but I bet would be more of a pita to install since it would be more fragile while applying

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Nice. I've been looking for a premium set of Mach 1 stripes and these look like they will fit the bill.
At least they have black and silver. That should go with pretty much any color.
Black and silver compliment the Grabber Lime. I put some rocker panel graphics on but removed them. My GL is not a PP car or black roof car and some side graphics seem needed. I like the Mach graphics but didn’t want look as if I were trying to fake a Mach1. Now Im thinking screw it and going for it. This was the kit I almost ordered but now rethinking and doing the M1.
6759FC47-32C1-4D95-B061-45ADA69330F2.jpeg

what I removed….
66DA8240-30DC-422B-93A4-320579F32D98.jpeg

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Black and silver compliment the Grabber Lime. I put some rocker panel graphics on but removed them. My GL is not a PP car or black roof car and some side graphics seem needed. I like the Mach graphics but didn’t want look as if I were trying to fake a Mach1. Now Im thinking screw it and going for it. This was the kit I almost ordered but now rethinking and doing the M1.
6759FC47-32C1-4D95-B061-45ADA69330F2.jpeg

what I removed….
66DA8240-30DC-422B-93A4-320579F32D98.jpeg
Where did you find this side graphic? I really like it, how it kinda looks Mach 1 ish, but is not trying to be a fake Mach 1. I assume where it says name can be changed?
Sponsored