Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
2022 may have same constraint, I don t know, just saying...
Sponsored

Law_Stu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic :(
Tried to order one a Mach 1 at the dealer today and was told they couldn’t order any more until November. 2 more bad experiences at two different dealers later and I am beyond frustrated.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Ive got a quote from them, and I’m going to call Monday. I had been trying to avoid the hassle of ordering out of state, and it’s just caused me more lol.
just view it as a fun road trip. you can either drive it back, or do like I am and tow it home.,

Sponsored

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I talked to dealer about Germany orders. He said that no orders were accepted for MY 2021. Basicially everything a year behind due to world wide computer chip shortage. Order banks open late October 2021 for Mach 1 MY 2021.5 and delivery expected August 2022. If lucky perhaps next July.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Ive got a quote from them, and I’m going to call Monday. I had been trying to avoid the hassle of ordering out of state, and it’s just caused me more lol.
Save yourself the trouble and just go with them. I’m as far away from them as you can get and it was still the best buying experience I’ve ever had

jsullboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I did my 1st Mach 1 order in December 2020. After explaining to them that there was such a thing called a Mach 1 and I was not talking about the Mach E and giving them all the order codes I wanted - i thought an order was cobbled together. I wanted the handling package and the dealer said they would have to place the order in Jan when the handling package was available in the system. (I should mention too that I bought my 2017 GT Premium Convertible from this same dealer. Not like it was the first time doing business with them)

Despite constant contact with them they let me down. In May they said my order was cancelled and that I had to wait a year to re-order. To add to the insult they admitted that they let some person who worked at the dealer place their order before mine. Despite false promises that they only were allocated 2 Mach 1s and mine was #2. That car came in. The employee backed out and they wanted me to buy that car which was not even close to what I wanted. I told them how disappointed I was and will never go back to that dealer again for anything.

I managed to find another dealer who had an order placed already. It was very close to what I wanted but no handling package. I worked with them to add a few items. The red calipers and the rims that look similar to the handling package rims. We could not add the handling package because it was too fundamental a change and they were concerned it would reset the order (which already had a VIN). I had to pay list but I wanted the car and the market is insane right now. In my area I see people trying to flip them for $95k (CAD)

I have the VIN and a build date which was October now just heard this weekend it is pushed to the week of November 22nd.

So I will end up with (hopefully) a Mach 1 Velocity Blue, 700A, Elite Package, Red Calipers, Gun Metal Rims and Nav (it already had the nav which is a waste but I couldn't remove it). No handling package. :(

I am still nervous they will screw me again at some point.

-rant
All the Ford dealers are terrible in my area. I have gone through 4 of them. Poor service, bad sales really frustrating. If I didn't really like Mustangs I would have ditched Ford a long time ago. And for this reason I would never buy any other Ford product because their service is so terrible. I am only willing to tolerate for my Mustangs

The difference between Ford and my Acura dealer is massive. Ford is like going to a used car lot in the 50s. Acura complete opposite. They always do what they say they will do, keep me updated and make it easy and convenient. I never walk away feeling screwed or not appreciated.
-end rant

Sorry for the negative energy but I needed to get that out.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
It sounds to me they are ordering your car at priority 19 which is dealer stock. You have to inform them it should be a customer order priority 10. They maybe allocated only two for dealer stock but there should be no limit on customer orders.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
It sounds to me they are ordering your car at priority 19 which is dealer stock. You have to inform them it should be a customer order priority 10. They maybe allocated only two for dealer stock but there should be no limit on customer orders.
As I have cried like a little girl about multiple times in various threads, order priority has very little meaning when it comes to Mach 1's. I was originally a 19, dealer upped it to 10, then the regional Ford rep changed it in May to a 1, and here I still sit over 6 months later waiting for it to be built.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
As I have cried like a little girl about multiple times in various threads, order priority has very little meaning when it comes to Mach 1's. I was originally a 19, dealer upped it to 10, then the regional Ford rep changed it in May to a 1, and here I still sit over 6 months later waiting for it to be built.

Mike I see you had a 97 Rio Red SVT Mustang. I had a 98 Chrome Yellow SVT. I put the SVT R wheels on it and had it lowered with a Steeda suspension. I did a ProM 77 MAF meter with a tune and the car put down just over 300 to the wheels. I also did a 3.73 axle in it, that was the one mod that made the most difference. I thought I was going to keep that car, but it started having all these intermittent issues that Ford couldn't fix so I sold it. Thats how I got into BMWs and M3s.

jsullboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Not sure why the first dealer would not offer that. They had a deposit I want the car. Why not take the sale? The second dealer I talked to the GM of the dealer group. Told him what I wanted. He said he was concerned about getting the one they had ordered and could not place another order. Also I wanted his assurance that I would actually receive the car if I put down the deposit. He was super nervous about adding the changes I asked for and reluctantly did it. He was surprised when they took. No matter which dealer in my area I go to they don't seem to know Mustangs. For example I ordered the Ford Performance Cat back system for my 2017. I got the euro spec version (I gave them the correct part number for the north america version). Why would i want another resonator!!!! I bought my 2017 new off the lot because it was the spec I wanted. The Mach 1 order was my first experience placing an order. The dealer did not give me any confidence they knew what there are doing. It was not a smooth process and they did not seem to know the Mach 1. They had no idea there was a handling package for example. The Ford Portal where you can see your reservation. They did not know that existed or how it works. I cannot tell you how frustrating this process is! Perhaps this a Canadian dealer issue. I live in Ontario outside Toronto which should be the largest volume dealers in the country.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I talked to dealer about Germany orders. He said that no orders were accepted for MY 2021.
That sounds like bollocks. Dealers here ordered on end of November 2020 or so, all the allocated cars at once (possibly they secured few more allocations later). They won't manufacture 2021.5 in 2022 March and forward, VIN will have N, same for the dash plaque, it'll be 2022 model, but they really will be pretty much identical anyway (I bet).

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Mustangs are not built in January or February so it would be March until it is made.

Jay.....just to clarify, it's only Mustangs that use the Michelin Sport Cup 2 tires that are not built in November, December, January or February (so, Mach 1 Handling Pack & GT500 CFTP).
All other Mustangs are still built during those winter months. This is because the Cup 2 tires may lose traction during the certification dyno run at the end of the assembly line, which is performed on every single Mustang built.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a34645336/mustangs-with-cup-2-tires-not-built-in-winter/

Of course, other reasons may see trims (Black Accent Package, PP1 etc) not available to order, but that's most likely down to unforeseen parts shortages.

:)

OP
OP
Jay at Granger

Jay at Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Jay.....just to clarify, it's only Mustangs that use the Michelin Sport Cup 2 tires that are not built in November, December, January or February (so, Mach 1 Handling Pack & GT500 CFTP).
All other Mustangs are still built during those winter months. This is because the Cup 2 tires may lose traction during the certification dyno run at the end of the assembly line, which is performed on every single Mustang built.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a34645336/mustangs-with-cup-2-tires-not-built-in-winter/

Of course, other reasons may see trims (Black Accent Package, PP1 etc) not available to order, but that's most likely down to unforeseen parts shortages.

:)

I gotcha, Our Ford rep told us that they were not built in January/February. She didn't go into detail.
Sponsored