Mach 1 @ NCM. Miserably hot.

samstrano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Handling Pack
Just back from NCM SCCA TT Nationals. HOT. REALLY HOT. my Mach 1 Handling Pack, -2.7 camber, on Goodyear Supercar 3 tires (the Cups 2's at 180TW aren't legal for Sport category). Ferodo DS1.11 front pads, Pagid RSL29 rear. Bonus footage includes Stan Whitney in his GT350 (also on Goodyears, but with lowering springs, and more wheel up front, and well.... 529hp). :)

Remote mic makes for some nice sounds. Also BIG help with IAT's pulling the fog light blanking panel on the driver's side.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Just back from NCM SCCA TT Nationals. HOT. REALLY HOT. my Mach 1 Handling Pack, -2.7 camber, on Goodyear Supercar 3 tires (the Cups 2's at 180TW aren't legal for Sport category). Ferodo DS1.11 front pads, Pagid RSL29 rear. Bonus footage includes Stan Whitney in his GT350 (also on Goodyears, but with lowering springs, and more wheel up front, and well.... 529hp). :)

Remote mic makes for some nice sounds. Also BIG help with IAT's pulling the fog light blanking panel on the driver's side.

Well, that was fun! Thanks for posting. :like:

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785

Nice job, what kind of laps times were you seeing?

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase

Just because I couldn’t tell, what kind of car was in front of you? You seemed to gain on him in the straightaways but lost in the curves but that’s just me.

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride

Nice. Always fun when there's someone in front who you're trying to catch.

How many laps did you do like that? No overheating problems?

I know my unmodified PP1-like (Europe) car would not be able to handle many laps like that without having to start alternating cool down laps.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Oh thank goodness... "Hot" as in: "Damn she's hot!"
You had me thinking this was another "My car is overheating at the track" thread.

Looks like it was a great session! :clap:

OP
OP

samstrano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Handling Pack
The car in front of me is the GT350. Definitely not pulling it in on the straightaways. Just the opposite.

This lap was a 2:18.6. It was the least hot session of the whole weekend. Pretty much the fastest session for everybody all weekend.

No overheating problems. As far as the car itself cooking. Definitely a little cranky at times from the heat itself. A few times it definitely was pulling some timing luckily it wasn't all the time and improved greatly when I got more air into the air box by getting ready to the fake fog light panel.
Sponsored