Mach 1 Hitch for Tire Trailer

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I know its a while since your post. I am thinking of doing the same. So you removed your bottom plastic cover. Doesn't that affect the diffuser aerodynamics?
I'd love to know or see a pic of if and how he installed the bottom diffuser panel. That bottom panel of mine was damaged a little when I ran over that brass 3/4" elbow and broke my diff cooler, so I don't mine trimming it up to fit the hitch installation. I also ordered a new one along with all the other parts of the rear diffuser panel kit SKU: GT500DIFFUSERKIT for $835 from Levittown Ford. I plan on having all new pristine plastic pieces for if I ever remove the hitch. I haven't installed my hitch yet, but it is on my to do list.

I also at the same time last month bought a new HP Splitter SKU: MR3Z-17626-AA that I know will need replacing at some point. December was an expensive Mach1 parts month, "Merry Christmas" to me, and most of it will be store away for the future.
Sponsored

Last edited:

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Mustang Mach1 HP A10; 22 Shelby GT500 HP
I'd love to know or see a pic of if and how he installed the bottom diffuser panel. That bottom panel of mine was damaged a little when I ran over that brass 3/4" elbow and broke my diff cooler, so I don't mine trimming it up to fit the hitch installation. I also ordered a new one along with all the other parts of the rear diffuser panel kit SKU: GT500DIFFUSERKIT for $835 from Levittown Ford. I plan on having all new pristine plastic pieces for if I ever remove the hitch. I haven't installed my hitch yet, but it is on my to do list.

I also at the same time last month bought a new HP Splitter SKU: MR3Z-17626-AA that I know will need replacing at some point. December was an expensive Mach1 parts month, "Merry Christmas" to me, and most of it will be store away for the future.
Let me know how it goes. I had a good look at mine underneath and I just cannot see how a hitch can be installed without losing the bottom panel but is necessary for the rear diffuser. If I wasn't tracking my car, then maybe not an issue; but then it also serves as cooler protection. I am going to take my car down to a hitch shop that also can customise tow hitch's. I'll see what they say if there is a workaround. I also managed to get 2x 305 size wheels in my trunk but just barely. No chance for the rear seat (rear seat delete) with a roll bar. I think my only option for now is to go square (with all the same size wheels and tires) put the track tires on with 2 spares in the trunk and drive about 400miles to the decent tracks around me.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
It's true! lol

20220308_171739.jpg
Wow! I was concerned about putting my 40 lb e-mtb on my Mustang but from your experience it should be no problem. Thanks for leading the way! :)

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Wow! I was concerned about putting my 40 lb e-mtb on my Mustang but from your experience it should be no problem. Thanks for leading the way! :)
No worries, been carrying that weight+ for years.
IMG_3768 2.jpeg
Sponsored