Mach 1 handling package order lead times

Steoten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Super Mario
Vehicle(s)
20 gti, sold: 03 330ci, 98 jetta glx, 87 ranger
700A, Tremec, handling package, appearance package, elite package, enhanced security package.

Order confirmed March 8

The first email from Ford on March 11 scheduled production for the week of May 17. Since then I have received fourteen (14) additional emails delaying production. Currently, the car is scheduled for production the week of September 13. Yes, very frustrating, especially when others who ordered later now have their cars. But what can you do. I found an article in Motor Trend saying Ford does not produce cars with cup2 tires during months of November, December, January and February. I am starting to wonder if it's going to be built this year.
Sponsored

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1
700A, Tremec, handling package, appearance package, elite package, enhanced security package.

Order confirmed March 8

The first email from Ford on March 11 scheduled production for the week of May 17. Since then I have received fourteen (14) additional emails delaying production. Currently, the car is scheduled for production the week of September 13. Yes, very frustrating, especially when others who ordered later now have their cars. But what can you do. I found an article in Motor Trend saying Ford does not produce cars with cup2 tires during months of November, December, January and February. I am starting to wonder if it's going to be built this year.
I ordered 3/16. Same exact specs as you, except with an automatic transmission and navigation system. Mine is built. Waiting for it to be shipped to Granger. Since the only difference in our order was the transmission and navigation, I assume that the transmission was a part of your hold up, unless it was from your order priority code.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
My date got push up. It was due for production, November Week 1 but now it's October 25 and the dealer will have it by the November 1st.

Ordered June 30th

Holding my Breath
You did not order HP, Tremec, and heated/cooled seats, right?

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
For what is it is worth:

We scheduled an order this past week with a handling package and the Tremec transmission. That order is scheduled to the week of October 25th-October 30th. So it will likely end up at our store IF it keeps the same scheduling timeline of the end of November.

I haven't seen anything like this with delays in the 10+ years I've been ordering cars. I especially feel bad for the guys who ordered their cars in March-May and there vehicle isn't scheduled to be built until September.

Granted, I haven't seen delays of this magnitude before, but if Ford hasn't cutoff orders for 2021, they must have some level of confidence that delays will be minimal at best moving forward.

a couple quick notes

1 - Ford has shut down ordering of the performance package if you are not ordering a Mach 1. So they are holding back all performance package supplies for the mach 1.
2 - We are ordering 2021s still this month. The latest they could produce these cars is November of this year with a December delivery timeframe. So that doesn't give them much room for margin. This makes me believe they are confident they can build these.
3. We have received shipments of 20+ F-series trucks this week. Some of these orders were as far back as January. So I believe the worst is over (at least that is my hope). We had 8 new Fords on our lot entering this month and we have received shipments of over 30 this month. Retails orders should be prioritized over stock orders as a general rule.

Again, I haven't seen anything like this and I believe Ford and manufacturers in general have a better handle on it now than they did in March. I'll give Ford credit where they've been more transparent with us the dealer with the severity of the problems as they've found out, but I don't think they had a good idea in January as to what exactly they were getting into.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

Sponsored

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
I wonder if things are getting worse. You would think the closer you get to your "build date" the less likely there should be a change.
My order March 8, last update was end of August build.
Received this email yesterday (had so many of these emails it's just tiring)

We have made an adjustment to the production date for your 2021 Mustang Mach 1.

Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of September 13, 2021. We will continue to keep you informed regarding your vehicle's production status.

Thank you.
Ordered 7/13 got email 7/22 for week of nov15 build date,then next day email
For week of sept 13.what do u guy think about really get it build that quick.just going to have to wait and see!!

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
Ordered a red 600a,HP,recaro and red calipers

Techapma

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, HP, FJG, M6
Got another email pushing my build out to 9/20.

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
I have it on good authority that the issue with the handling pack and delays in the spoiler. My friends GT500 had the same issue, and it was due to the spoiler.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I have it on good authority that the issue with the handling pack and delays in the spoiler. My friends GT500 had the same issue, and it was due to the spoiler.
ship that car to me without the spoiler, I'll get it put on at a local dealer at fords expense when it is available.

no delay today, unlike alot of folks though, HP car.

Sponsored

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),

rcsracing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP #1859
confused. HP wheels and splitter. standard spoiler?
Too much mix of stock/actual photos. Center display is wrong size for package, mix of leather/non-leather seating but 600A center console.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)