Sponsored

Mach 1 fashion faux pas? Need to know whether I’m upgrading or butchering my car

gottasrt4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Premium and '05 Neon SRT4
I'll echo what everyone else's said with personal preference, but I haven't seen anyone mention how powder coating those stock wheels could impact the value of a limited production car; of course this only applies if you ever sell it, but I mention it 'cause I've met very few people like me that doesn't sell their cars. with that in mind, I think it'd be better to get a new set of wheels instead of powder coating the stock wheels.

but that doesn't mean you couldn't powder coat the new wheels, too: I think the orange wheels would be an awesome contrast to the silver, plus, how many cars do you see with orange rims? it'd be unique as hell. I also say this as an owner of a car with orange rims, although mine's blue. although I could see it being too loud if it doesn't match your personality.

I've seen silver cars with neon blue and neon green rims and think they look good, too.

I think only an orange car wouldn't look good with bronze rims.
Sponsored

tjwreds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Hi there! I recently purchased a FJG Mach 1 and I love the exterior of the car but I think the basic wheels fall a bit short visually. I’d like to get a design in a shade that pops, as I’ve found many of the intricate designs on the black wheels are lost in the dark color. I was considering designs that come in shades like graphite and a burnished silver, but recently I came across some designs I like in a more unorthodox shade: bronze. I initially had never considered going bronze but when I saw images of some of the bronze designs on other cars I thought the wheels looked really striking. So my question is: Would any of these bronze wheels look good on a fighter jet grey-colored Mach 1 or am I committing blasphemy by even considering going this route?
You"shouldn't" care, if you don't like those wheels change em, if you hate the vinyls like did (how do you do the hood and not the roof and trunk, ford?) take em off. I originally got the magnetic wheels, but didn't love em. Now I got 20 inch tech 7s and nittos that are the same weight as the original wheels. It's your car, tell the purists to f off. :)

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I d like to see a Mach1 with an aluminum finish wheel.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I d like to see a Mach1 with an aluminum finish wheel.
I saw this photo few days ago, not a big fan myself, dark gray looks best for me and I have both matte HP wheels and optional glossy Y-spokes at home. Silver wheels look too dominant on Mach 1 imo.

mach.jpg

OP
OP

MachSteady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I saw this photo few days ago, not a big fan myself, dark gray looks best for me and I have both matte HP wheels and optional glossy Y-spokes at home. Silver wheels look too dominant on Mach 1 imo.

mach.jpg
I agree that silver looks great against some car colors and overly flashy on others. I also think the wheel design plays a big part. I’m coming to the conclusion that more unorthodox colors look better on simple wheel designs and basic colors get a lot of elevation from more intricate wheels (ex: the layered web-like HP wheels).

Sponsored

Rev68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
So, I have an M1 HP in FJG and spent 2 months trying to find the right wheel and color. I ended up going with SVE MHP1 in Gloss graphite...with the Nittos. Initially I was thinking about darker wheels, but didn't like how it looked with FJG, so I went a little bit lighter than stock because I think it looks better. I too like the orange and wanted to add a bit more to the car.

Side note, if you are buying the SVE MHP1 wheels for the weight savings, don't get them with the Nittos. When mounted, the fronts are only about 2.5lbs lighter than stock and the rears are heavier by over half a pound. The Nitto NT555 G2 are way heavier than the Cup 2.

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

image5.jpg

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
mach.jpg

Wow, I absolutely love the silver wheel look on this mach1 (especially this Velocity Blue)
For my taste the grey or dark tarnished wheels on certain colors like this blue look mismatched or off.
I would love to see the upgraded non HP Magnetic wheels in the silver finish on any mach1.

SpeedRacerXT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I don't know, I like how the Mach 1 is trying to keep the old style alive with a pseudo-Cragar SS look on the stock wheels. I'd personally go with some real Cragars in chrome, looks awesome on the new Mach 1 (like the 614C S/S).

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - There are definitely some cool wheels available in today’s market. As others have said, you should pick what you think looks the best. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However, just remember that if you get new wheels they are likely to get dinged. If you keep the old ones figuring you can use the excuse of some dings to justify new wheels, they’re guaranteed to never get dinged... Happy travels, Bruce

OP
OP

MachSteady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
So, I have an M1 HP in FJG and spent 2 months trying to find the right wheel and color. I ended up going with SVE MHP1 in Gloss graphite...with the Nittos. Initially I was thinking about darker wheels, but didn't like how it looked with FJG, so I went a little bit lighter than stock because I think it looks better. I too like the orange and wanted to add a bit more to the car.

Side note, if you are buying the SVE MHP1 wheels for the weight savings, don't get them with the Nittos. When mounted, the fronts are only about 2.5lbs lighter than stock and the rears are heavier by over half a pound. The Nitto NT555 G2 are way heavier than the Cup 2.

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

image5.jpg
The graphite is a color I was heavily leaning toward if I go with that wheel style. Thanks for posting pics of your car—love the way the graphite pops and really showcases the intricate design without being overpowering. On a side note, I love the other custom touches you added from the orange fog light rims on the grill to orange emblems on the side and back of the car. It’s the coolest version of my model I’ve seen. All the small ways you’ve personalized your Mach 1 really add up to a striking and very distinct version of an already cool car. My quest to add a bit more spunk via the wheels is part of a larger project to tailor the car a little more to my personality (essentially along the lines of what you’ve done by adding more hits of orange and some striking wheels, though the ideas in my head are admittedly way less classy than your sleek presentation 😉). I’ve never felt like more of a walking gender stereotype than when my boyfriend asked me what I was going to do now that my dream car was in my garage. Without missing a beat I said: “Accessorize.”

Sponsored

Rev68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
The graphite is a color I was heavily leaning toward if I go with that wheel style. Thanks for posting pics of your car—love the way the graphite pops and really showcases the intricate design without being overpowering. On a side note, I love the other custom touches you added from the orange fog light rims on the grill to orange emblems on the side and back of the car. It’s the coolest version of my model I’ve seen. All the small ways you’ve personalized your Mach 1 really add up to a striking and very distinct version of an already cool car. My quest to add a bit more spunk via the wheels is part of a larger project to tailor the car a little more to my personality (essentially along the lines of what you’ve done by adding more hits of orange and some striking wheels, though the ideas in my head are admittedly way less classy than your sleek presentation 😉). I’ve never felt like more of a walking gender stereotype than when my boyfriend asked me what I was going to do now that my dream car was in my garage. Without missing a beat I said: “Accessorize.”
Thank you for the kind words. I actually thought about orange wheels for a while, but was too uncertain about the overall effect to invest the time and money. I hope you don't give up on the idea and maybe can find just the right wheel/color combo to pull it off.

Nothing gender stereotyped about wanting to accessorize your ride. Heck, I even have orange on my key fobs...and my custom floor mats, and the dash chassis badge, and the strut tower brace...

Good luck on your wheel search :)

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Last edited:

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

image5.jpg
Have you seen your SVE wheels next to Ford HP wheels? If so, can you tell them apart besides the color???

Last edited:

Rev68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Have you seen your SVE wheels next to Ford HP wheels? IIf so, can you tell them apart besides the color???
I didn't line them up right next to each other, but visually they are very, very similar. I'm sure you could try and find some very small difference (other than color).

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I didn't line them up right next to each other, but visually they are very, very similar. I'm sure you could try and find some very small difference (other than color).
I'm thinking of getting a couple of the front 10" wides and having them powder coated to match the bronze I'm powder coating the full set I have already. I like the idea of not poking the fronts. If I can sell the HP set I already bought, I'll just get the staggered set from SVE.
Sponsored