Mach 1 cluster resetting when shut off

Valbugi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Val
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Has anyone ran into this issue? All personalized settings reset on almost every start up. Retains all trip data, but resets any personalized settings like modes, exhaust preferences deactivated features. In some cases it may retain the info for a few start ups, but almost always resets. Very annoying having to reprogram on every start up. I haven't even bothered to change colors or most settings as it will be cleared next time it's shut off. Dealer could not figure it out, no software updates available.

2023 Mach 1 with handling (P2372)
Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
mine does it. but pretty sure it's because it only gets started once in a blue moon. :/ (like months)

OP
OP
Valbugi

Valbugi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Val
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
mine does it. but pretty sure it's because it only gets started once in a blue moon. :/ (like months)
Mine sits 5-6 days and then gets a few miles, but seems to do it even after a longer trip. Hope someone has had the issue repaired.

Mach1Kid96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Mach 1 700A w/ HP
I haven't had that issue before, that's quite strange! I've had my car even go into deep sleep mode before and it still retains the "my color" settings, quiet mode startup times, and a few other things. It's never remembered my exhaust modes or previous drive modes before (that's normal operation; it's supposed to reset those to normal mode on shutdown). The only time it wipes out all of my personal settings is when I go and disconnect the battery.

@Valbugi I'll take a gander at my service manual later tonight and see if there's anything useful in there pertaining to this issue and report back.

OP
OP
Valbugi

Valbugi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Val
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I haven't had that issue before, that's quite strange! I've had my car even go into deep sleep mode before and it still retains the "my color" settings, quiet mode startup times, and a few other things. It's never remembered my exhaust modes or previous drive modes before (that's normal operation; it's supposed to reset those to normal mode on shutdown). The only time it wipes out all of my personal settings is when I go and disconnect the battery.

@Valbugi I'll take a gander at my service manual later tonight and see if there's anything useful in there pertaining to this issue and report back.
Appreciate it!

Yes, those settings are drive specific so I would expect them to default on shut down. But if I set up a personalized drive mode or color scheme, it'll be gone next time I restart.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
That is strange. When I went on vacation car went into deep sleep mode for 3 weeks and when I got back all my settings where there. Hope you figure it out.

Rob_R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1, SPF Cobra, 23 Jeep JTR, 88 YJ, 05 Ram
Has anyone ran into this issue? All personalized settings reset on almost every start up. Retains all trip data, but resets any personalized settings like modes, exhaust preferences deactivated features. In some cases it may retain the info for a few start ups, but almost always resets. Very annoying having to reprogram on every start up. I haven't even bothered to change colors or most settings as it will be cleared next time it's shut off. Dealer could not figure it out, no software updates available.

2023 Mach 1 with handling (P2372)
Yes it just happened to me about 2 weeks ago. I had my car in the dealer for warranty work and the dash was fine when I drove the car home. The dealer also performed the body control module recall. (I think that is what it was called)

After getting the car home from the dealer, I had to move the car a few times around the garage over the course of 7-10 days and it happened on one of the last starts. The dash defaulted to the tripometer screen and all of my settings were gone. I normally keep the car on a CTEK MXS 5 charger but I didn't this time as I was starting the car two times a day and just moving it 10 feet.

During the last startup, I input all of my settings as well MyMode settings . That was last Friday. I have to move the car again tomorrow. The car is currently on the charger. I will see if the settings stuck or if they are lost again.

I did sniff around this forum last week and I did not see any mention of settings going to default.

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
That’s normal operation, it’s programmed to reset once the car has been shut off. It always starts in normal drive mode & normal exhaust mode. If you make a MyMode and set your drive modes, exhaust, etc. then you still have to click the “mode” switch a couple times each time you start the car, but all the settings should save to that mode. Mycolor is separate and will save and be the same every time you start the car. If you don’t have the memory seat settings you should be able to set the color and that’s it. If you have memory seats you have to set the color, and then save it to your memory setting for it to save the color.

Rob_R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
That’s normal operation, it’s programmed to reset once the car has been shut off. It always starts in normal drive mode & normal exhaust mode.
Thanks. I understand how MyMode works. What is happening with the OP's car and my car is any settings made in MyMode AND general settings were all reset to factory. I had to go back in and setup my gauge layout and several other settings that are not used in MyMode. I then had to setup MyMode again.

I am not sure why this occurred and that is what we are trying to find out.

Mach1Kid96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Mach 1 700A w/ HP
Appreciate it!

Yes, those settings are drive specific so I would expect them to default on shut down. But if I set up a personalized drive mode or color scheme, it'll be gone next time I restart.
My apologies for the late response! I had a few things come up the past two nights!

I did find a flowchart that shows the components for the ambient lighting (MyColor) which is being reset. I'm willing to bet your issue lies within here.

When you set your ambient lighting, it is done through the IPC. It will then send the data over the HS3-CAN to the GWM. Then the GWM passes it to the BCMB over the MS-CAN to the actual lights. Your GWM is your Gateway Module and the IPC is your Instrument Panel Cluster.

Another page I found in the service manual says the BCMB (Module Address 7B7) controls your RGB entry lighting values, while the BCM stores them there and a backup is kept in the IPC.

It seems like the BCM might be faulty - I'm curious if they couldn't see any error codes in it or any other modules.

Nevertheless, I'll keep on reading and see if I can narrow it down.
FlowChart1.png

Sponsored
OP
OP
Valbugi

Valbugi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Val
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
My apologies for the late response! I had a few things come up the past two nights!

I did find a flowchart that shows the components for the ambient lighting (MyColor) which is being reset. I'm willing to bet your issue lies within here.

When you set your ambient lighting, it is done through the IPC. It will then send the data over the HS3-CAN to the GWM. Then the GWM passes it to the BCMB over the MS-CAN to the actual lights. Your GWM is your Gateway Module and the IPC is your Instrument Panel Cluster.

Another page I found in the service manual says the BCMB (Module Address 7B7) controls your RGB entry lighting values, while the BCM stores them there and a backup is kept in the IPC.

It seems like the BCM might be faulty - I'm curious if they couldn't see any error codes in it or any other modules.

Nevertheless, I'll keep on reading and see if I can narrow it down.
FlowChart1.png
Thanks for the info, that would make sense. The car was retaining all personalized settings when I looked at it originally. I believe they performed a recall with update to BCM before I picked it up.

I'll have to get a hold of the dealer again and book an appointment once more.

Rob_R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info, that would make sense. The car was retaining all personalized settings when I looked at it originally. I believe they performed a recall with update to BCM before I picked it up.
As mentioned above, my car also had the BCM update right before this happened. The dash settings were intact when I picked up the car at the dealership after the recall. The dash settings remained what they should be until about 3-5 restarts later.

Rob_R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Just a follow up to my earlier posts in this thread. I have not had all of my cluster settings reset again after the initial occurrence. I probably have at least 10 ignition cycles since the reset first happened. I guess I am in the clear. @Valbugi - what did your dealer find on this?

OP
OP
Valbugi

Valbugi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Val
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Just a follow up to my earlier posts in this thread. I have not had all of my cluster settings reset again after the initial occurrence. I probably have at least 10 ignition cycles since the reset first happened. I guess I am in the clear. @Valbugi - what did your dealer find on this?

Unfortunately, I am out of the country for weeks at a time with work. Haven't been able to get back long enough to bring it back to the dealer.

Mine does the same, but resets at least once a day. Yesterday I shut off and started the car 5-10 times and nothing reset. But this morning I did it once and all reset to default.

Rob_R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Mine does the same, but resets at least once a day. Yesterday I shut off and started the car 5-10 times and nothing reset. But this morning I did it once and all reset to default.
As mentioned above, I think my car is behaving fine now with no cluster resets over the course of several days. Please let us know the outcome after you have an opportunity to take the Mach to the dealer.
Sponsored