Mach 1 Car Cover

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I have some questions for those of you that do have various models of car covers. Just picked up my Mach 1 on Monday, safely tucked away in my garage. BUT garages are not always 100% safe so I am looking for a car cover. I like the idea of the Mach 1 color specific car covers being discussed in this thread but have questions.
1. Do the Ford covers offer any kind of protection above that of dust/dirt? No bicycles in garage but it is a garage and has normal garage "stuff" in it and with gravity in play, looking for a bit of protection.
2. It was stated that the Ford cover is an "inside" cover, which to me means it is lighter weight and not built to withstand snow/winds and all the outside elements. I am OK with that but their may be a time or 2 when I have a garage project and have to park outside for a weekend. Can this cover handle a couple weekends a year in the outside?

Appreciate any other cover recommendations based on my needs.
I didn't opt for the Mach 1 Cover because as you mentioned it is for inside use. I would think if the weather was clear (no rain nor snow) it would be okay for outside.

But, here is a link to the cover I opted for Ford Accessory
Sponsored

docday64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG, M1333 Mach 1, 2013 Taurus SHO PP
How do you like the Ford Accessory cover? Does it have some weight/thickness to offer some dent and ding protection?

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Does it have some weight/thickness to offer some dent and ding protection?
I don't think any cover will protect against that. Not even ceramic or PPF. All protect against scratches from direct contact.

I know it's hard but best thing is not to worry too much, just be careful. I know I did some dents and dings in brand new house, it's maddening 😁

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I don't think any cover will protect against that. Not even ceramic or PPF. All protect against scratches from direct contact.

I know it's hard but best thing is not to worry too much, just be careful. I know I did some dents and dings in brand new house, it's maddening 😁
Check out California car cover. They have different models, some having extra thickness to protect against dings. I’ve used one of their outdoor covers before and was pretty happy with it

Sponsored

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Check out California car cover. They have different models, some having extra thickness to protect against dings. I’ve used one of their outdoor covers before and was pretty happy with it
Do you have any links?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So has Ford made right any owner who received a non-Mach 1 Car Cover? Any updates?

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I am not sure how to use the all season type car cover. I just had the car Ceramic coated and you could eat of the surface it's so smooth. What's the process? Must I wash it before I cover it? Can I just blower the surface? I bought a Mustang all session cover and now I'm nervous to use it. I know I must because sadly, I don't see getting the beast into my garage (loaded with tools and storage).

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

RSPEK 178

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
MY20 Mustang R Spec

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Lol same issue here. They gave me a bullitt cover...they are trying to get the Mach 1 one now. This thread reminded me to check on it again.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Lol same issue here. They gave me a bullitt cover...they are trying to get the Mach 1 one now. This thread reminded me to check on it again.
Just remember the Mach1 cover is only good for indoor usage.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
looks like correct OEM 2021 mach1 car covers are being delivered...

2021mach1cover_a.jpg
2021mach1cover_b.jpg
2021mach1cover_c.jpg
Did you receive the wrong one initially, or did you get the correct one with your purchase?

Great to see the correct cover too - thanks for posting the images!
Sponsored