Sponsored

M1 jerking while breaking or revving up high

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
Just getting some diagnostics from the group that’s driven Mustang for years. I have taken to Ford and they are finding it non trivial to diagnose and might take some time. But here are the issues:

Start the car and warm the engine up.

1. Keep car stationary and rev up to 3k and then 5-6K. Suddenly the left side of the car jerks a bit.
2. Drive the car for a bit with AC on or off and break towards a stop sign. Towards the tail end of the breaking, I hear the a weird sound on the left side of the car and slight jerk. It feels like the car is breaking excessively in these moments.
3. Reverse the car slowly and hear a similar sound and perhaps a jerk.

All the above are quite reproducible 70-80% of the times.

Please note: I just did an oil (& filter) change and catch cleanup just yesterday. This problem seems to be happening for a few weeks. I wonder if it was after my tire change.

Any similar experience for someone? Any ideas what could be going wrong?
Sponsored

OP
OP
dethmaShine

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
How can one side of a car jerk and what does that mean. You descriptions will make it very hard to get an answer here.
Yeah I hear you. Hard to describe the experience. Let me try to describe further.

Basically, I hear a sound that is audible to both the driver and the passenger seats. At the same moment, the car feels like a pull back/breaking effect that feels like a momentary jerk.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
How can one side of a car jerk and what does that mean. You descriptions will make it very hard to get an answer here.
One of the most difficult things I find is explaining a noise or feeling in a car to others.

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
I would start by pulling the wheel off and inspecting the brakes. Could be they are sticking slightly. Can’t really help you on the first unless that caliper is sticking and somehow releasing when you are revving.

Sponsored

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
What about jerky ESC? Could it be triggered due to a malfunction? Otherwise I see no reason why it should manifest only on one side.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Just getting some diagnostics from the group that’s driven Mustang for years. I have taken to Ford and they are finding it non trivial to diagnose and might take some time. But here are the issues:

1. Keep car stationary and rev up to 3k and then 5-6K. Suddenly the left side of the car jerks a bit.
2. Drive the car for a bit with AC on or off and break towards a stop sign. Towards the tail end of the breaking, I hear the a weird sound on the left side of the car and slight jerk. It feels like the car is breaking excessively in these moments.

Please note: I just did an oil (& filter) change and catch cleanup just yesterday. This problem seems to be happening for a few weeks. I wonder if it was after my tire change.

Spit-balling...

1. Number of miles on the car?

2. Can you provide more details on the change in tires? Did you replace a worn out set, or, did the overall diameter of the tire change with a new size of tire?

3. Type of transmission involved? Is it an automatic? DCT?

4. Any mechanical/electrical/electronic mods to the car?

Last edited:

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
1. car is parked and rpm brought up
2. car is moving

all with same symptoms, ???? that should eliminate anything in the wheels or drive line (if I understand)

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
have you pulled the brakes at all? wonder if you are dealing with a loose caliper or pad somehow out of adjustment?

as for the stationary jerking, I think there is a neutral rev limiter that is lower than what you can rev to in gear. are you hitting that?

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver

What kind transmission and what driving and transmission mode are you in when this happens? Does it change if you're different modes for driving and/or transmission?

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Yeah I hear you. Hard to describe the experience. Let me try to describe further.

Basically, I hear a sound that is audible to both the driver and the passenger seats. At the same moment, the car feels like a pull back/breaking effect that feels like a momentary jerk.
OT, but I take it your move to Canada got postponed, and you haven't sold the M1 yet?

OP
OP
dethmaShine

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
Hey brothers and sisters, I just moved to Canada on Aug 1st. Last 6 months have been dead crazy in terms of my promotion and managing some teams, busting my balls out in reviews, selling our furniture n shit and finally making the move to Canada and almost getting arrested for something completely different. Story for another day.

Sorry for not following on this thread. Will do now!

OT, but I take it your move to Canada got postponed, and you haven't sold the M1 yet?
Hey, just moved here. No I haven't sold my beauty. It's parked downstairs in my garage and what a fuckin beauty Ford made for us. Can't cherish this enough. We had a 19 year drive from east bay to portland to seattle and finally to Vancouver. Wife got to push it as well! Hehe
Sponsored