Sponsored

M/T tests the big 3 again.....

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
God almighty M/T is all over the place with these reviews. In the stand-alone testing they praised the Scat Pack, but in this they were much more holiday romance-y with it. It's like they got worried that GM would get pissy with their praising of Dodge that they then had to jump right back on GM's junk.

jaja6009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No s550 yet :(
I dont think anything there is new or surprising. Pretty much goes with the last 1LE vs GT PP that just happened. And Motor Trend also said what I thought about too much overhang on the front end on the GT.

I also hope it isnt true that the 16 Camaro is goin to be aluminum intensive. It would suck that the new F Series pickups get the aluminum and the Stang doesnt while the Camaro does.

I am still waiting for MMFFs Evan Smith to take a 15 GT down the 1/4. Since I am a 1/4 kinda guy I really want to see what good 1/4 mile drivers can do.
BUT, when I do get my new STang I may join the corner guys as SCCA Solo runs 2 miles down the road from me now.

Now I want Motor Trend to run the 1LE vs the GT PP with both cars using the same tires. I really want to know what the tires are worth since people are saying the tires are far superior. I dont know, I am not a corner guy and have no experience in it.

And I also want to see more 1/4 mile tests with Base GTs. With auto and without PP with manual.

These test have me now favoring getting a Base GT auto with Recaros. I was stuck between a Premium and a base but I think I want my car as light as possible. And the Base car even lacking all of the Premium stuff is still loaded with alot more tech and creature comforts than my 05 GT premium so it will still be a step up in terms of that kinda stuff.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
I'd Just like to say straight from Chevy's Mouth

1SS Base Curb weight- 3,908lbs

so why didn't they compare a Base Premium GT vs a Base 2ss?

Instead, the compared a Fully optioned GT vs a Base 2SS which is still optioned fairly well.

MT just as unreliable as ever.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
I also hope it isnt true that the 16 Camaro is goin to be aluminum intensive. It would suck that the new F Series pickups get the aluminum and the Stang doesnt while the Camaro does.

Fat chance of that happening.. 16 Camaro goes Aluminum Intensive.. It will get price Intensive .. That's what Camaro Fans just aren't understanding, and are too concerned about performance numbers vs reasonable price. If I have to get in a Bare Bones model 1SS just to be able to afford the car at that point it isn't worth it.

Sponsored

hangover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M235i or S550 cant decide !!!
$47K MUSTANG is tested???? Heck you are 50k with tax and extended warranty at that price.

M/T is on CRACK.

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
They don't like the front end of the Mustang and criticize it which they have a right to do so. But holding it against the car in a review is flawed.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Some are going to like different cars for different reasons. I'm not particular fond of yellow cars which is to say I don't like them, would never own one and not attracted to them.

Did they have enough common sense to take this into consideration?

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
I found their price comparison a bit pointless since I can see an exact msrp on the configurators for both Ford and GM websites. The 2ss + 1LE costs $41,800 and the GT premium + PP $39,500.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
so why didn't they compare a Base Premium GT vs a Base 2ss?

Instead, the compared a Fully optioned GT vs a Base 2SS which is still optioned fairly well.

MT just as unreliable as ever.
They test whatever is in the press fleets.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
I really wish the "performance package" added more to the Mustang. I know it would fair a lot better in a base vs base vs base comparison.

Sponsored

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
That's the Issue I have a Problem with. The article doesn't even bother to let you know there is still around a 200lb difference between the Base Model GT and Base SS... Instead, they cry and REINFORCE the fact the Camaro is so close to the Mustang in Weight ( Advertised by Chevy at 3,908lbs BASE weight, but MT has it at 3,886 same as it was 2 years ago), becaue they used a Fully loaded GT which has far more electronics than a god forsaken Camaro.. All that article did was add to the Mustang gained too much weight Non-Sense..and did nothing to correct the issue.

BaylorCorvette

Track > 1/4 Mile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Z51
Exactly right. You would think a manufacturer would supply the car with the best chance of "winning" a review. Then again I suppose if you get a base model you sacrifice the more "luxury" type items that the reviewers may complain about. Double edged sword really.

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
Now I want Motor Trend to run the 1LE vs the GT PP with both cars using the same tires. I really want to know what the tires are worth since people are saying the tires are far superior....
I would bet that us Mustang6G folks would not like it.
The GT Performance Pack does not seem to have the other heavy duty suspension components that are needed for a track car. It needs a real GT Track Pack with 1LE-like tires, or an entry level GT350.

BaylorCorvette

Track > 1/4 Mile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Z51
Side note. Anyone else notice the Mustang's turning circle was the worst of the group? Didn't the 2014 Mustang have a tighter turning circle than the Camaro?

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Exactly right. You would think a manufacturer would supply the car with the best chance of "winning" a review. Then again I suppose if you get a base model you sacrifice the more "luxury" type items that the reviewers may complain about. Double edged sword really.
I would love to see a review of the '15 Mustang GTPP base and the 1ss 1le, both with recaros.
Sponsored