Sponsored

M.I.A. Car....

Grabberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Eco, 1955 F100
So i have been in the market for a new 2015 Ecoboost since late May. Searched dealer inventory for the car i wanted... 2015 EB in Comp Orange, Performace package, manual trans... nothing too fancy not even premium because i dont wany leather in my car anymore (side note Ford somepeople would like a lot of the premium options ie. the MFT and the driving mode options but not interested in a leather interior). Was working with a dealer to find the car and he kept trying to get me to change color or to an auto or give up the PP, mainly because they did not have one in their dealer network and didnt want to trade with another dealer. So i found one on the Ford site showing in inventory at a dealer an hour and a half away.. no big deal. I call the dealer up and was told the car was showing in their inventory but was actually in transit to them and would not be in till middle of the following week, I wanted the car so asked "what do i need to do to get this car" I was told to come on in and we would do all of the paperwork and when the car came in the following week i could take delivery then. Cool deal no problem June 13th I purchased the car... was told the car was scheduled for deliver between the 17th and the 22nd... torture having to wait for it. So on the 22nd i get a call !!!! "well it seams Ford put a car on the train that was a number or 2 off on the vin so they shipped us the wrong car" WTF!!! I work in the shipping industry so i know mistakes happen and things get loaded wrong. No problem my car will end up being delivered to the dealer that the misshipped car was supposed to be sent to and they said they would truck it to my dealer. Well it is now a week and a half later... and all they can tell me is they will know something about it in 3-5 days... not including the holiday weekend that apparenttly the people working to fix the situation are off.... so as of almost 21 days after purchase all they can tell me is "it is on a train...somewhere...and you will get it...eventually maybe, thank you for being patient.":frusty:
Sponsored

khaosryder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
'15 RR 100A EB PP
TL;DR :lol:

Seriously though, same thing happened to me, took delivery 28 days after initial estimate. During 26 of those, dealer had no idea what was going on or when it would arrive. Either they really have no clue or don't bother inquiring deep enough.

Anyways hope you get your car soon. Loving mine now that I have it!

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
That is frustrating! When I had my Skyline shipped from Japan they told me 4 weeks.
The boat broke down and had to be towed from somewhere in the pacific to Australia for repairs, long story short, 4 weeks became 4 months.

I hope your's gets sorted much faster,

Mercedestech77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
16 DIB GT PP
Looks like Mike Davidson Ford has what your looking for in stock. Maybe you should see if they would dealer trade it for you since there was a mistake.

OP
OP

Grabberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Eco, 1955 F100
Khaosryder... Looks like you ordered yours. Mine was dealer stock and got lost.
Mercedestech77... Mike Davidson has one with the Recaros (not that I would be opposed to that) but I'm not sure if a dealer trade would be that easy. All of my financing is done, I have already made one of the bi-weekly payments, and have my registration already for it. It is already bought and that's what makes it so frustrating... They just handed me back the keys to my 07 and said drive it until the new one gets here.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
Khaosryder... Looks like you ordered yours. Mine was dealer stock and got lost.
Mercedestech77... Mike Davidson has one with the Recaros (not that I would be opposed to that) but I'm not sure if a dealer trade would be that easy. All of my financing is done, I have already made one of the bi-weekly payments, and have my registration already for it. It is already bought and that's what makes it so frustrating... They just handed me back the keys to my 07 and said drive it until the new one gets here.
I cannot, for the life of me, understand why people sign finance agreements for large purchases when the item is not yet tangible. What if the wrong vehicle arrives (like your case)? What if there is some major factory defect that causes it to be unsaleable? What if the train carrying the vehicle derails resulting a total loss of the vehicle? What if your car is on the top of the car carrier and the driver puts it in drive instead of reverse and faceplants it off the front of the truck (watched this happen to a new Durango being delivered to a dealer I worked for - the truck driver literally got out of the Durango afterward and walked off the job)?

In a situation like this I would gladly sign a purchase agreement and provide a deposit, but I would never close the deal until the car was physically there. I'm not trying to chastise, but I just don't understand it. I hope it all works out for you.

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
why people sign finance agreements for large purchases when the item is not yet tangible.
I made this mistake when I bought my Mustang GT in 2002. I walked in to the dealer on a Saturday with a price I wanted to pay that included leather. I wanted the paint color to be silver or gray. They said no problem we have a silver one just like you want at our overflow lot down by the rail yard. "We'll go get it for you while you do your paperwork" they said. I did the paperwork (paid for the car in cash!) and when I came out of the finance office they told me the lot was locked up and the guy that looks after it could not be found. They gave me a V6 vert to drive until Monday. I show up Monday and the silver car I bought didn't have leather. I was pissed. The best they would do is give me $500 of the $800 that was negotiated into the price.

I decided after that fiasco that I would by a car that is either physically on the lot or order one exactly the way I want. I did the latter for my Mustang and after buying 2 cars from my current dealer, they ordered my car without me putting anything down on it. :)
Sponsored