lund tuning says......too much boost.edelbrock S/C

RUBY RED 550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
ok guys. i will make it short and simple.

lund tuning says, my car on 11-14 lbs of boost on my mustang is much. its a 2018 with a edelbrock 2650 tvs.
i am running a 47 LU ford performance injector , with a 50% BAP. and a 3.25 pulley is on there .
they say if i don't rune e85 or race fuel they won't tune me, but the first rep , told me 47lu injectors and a BAP would do to tune my car, keep in mind not looking for smaller pulley or more boost, just looking to maximize what i already have, because at the moment i am on a edelbrock tune witch is super super conservative , and safe, just asking what's the community thoughts on this matter ? iand before you say it i will, no i don't want id100, and i like lund heard there really good , but now i am concerned .
dose this sound correct.? anybody ?
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
ok guys. i will make it short and simple.

lund tuning says, my car on 11-14 lbs of boost on my mustang is much. its a 2018 with a edelbrock 2650 tvs.
i am running a 47 LU ford performance injector , with a 50% BAP. and a 3.25 pulley is on there .
they say if i don't rune e85 or race fuel they won't tune me, but the first rep , told me 47lu injectors and a BAP would do to tune my car, keep in mind not looking for smaller pulley or more boost, just looking to maximize what i already have, because at the moment i am on a edelbrock tune witch is super super conservative , and safe, just asking what's the community thoughts on this matter ? iand before you say it i will, no i don't want id100, and i like lund heard there really good , but now i am concerned .
dose this sound correct.? anybody ?
11-14psi is a BIG range.
Did they say specifically which part of your setup they won’t tune for? I’m assuming it’s the boost pressure that you’ve quoted them.
Lund are pretty careful with their tuning. They don’t like their customers running combos that could jeopardise the engine.

OP
OP
RUBY RED 550

RUBY RED 550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
11-14psi is a BIG range.
Did they say specifically which part of your setup they won’t tune for? I’m assuming it’s the boost pressure that you’ve quoted them.
Lund are pretty careful with their tuning. They don’t like their customers running combos that could jeopardise the engine.
well i am unsure as to what they mean to be honest, but they say they will tune but for e85 or race fuel only and from what i understand the UL47 frpp injectors are not e85 capable . ya the range is big for sure i edelbrock says it runs 10-14 depending on the altitude . that's what they say, but i do think they realize this is direct injected, and the stock injectors are 28lbs and 47 is a decent upgrade to accomplish what i want to do anyway, like have seen 900hp plus cars on pump 93. so i don't think what i am asking is out of range........

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
well i am unsure as to what they mean to be honest, but they say they will tune but for e85 or race fuel only and from what i understand the UL47 frpp injectors are not e85 capable . ya the range is big for sure i edelbrock says it runs 10-14 depending on the altitude . that's what they say, but i do think they realize this is direct injected, and the stock injectors are 28lbs and 47 is a decent upgrade to accomplish what i want to do anyway, like have seen 900hp plus cars on pump 93. so i don't think what i am asking is out of range........
Did you tell them the pulley size or the boost pressure?
69F72117-A031-4FF3-83E6-466ED367C608.jpeg

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Sounds right to me. No way you’ve seen a 12:1 coyote making 900 on 93

Sponsored

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt, 2018 f150 eb 3.5
I think they are saying it’ll make too much boost/ power (which will cause knock) on 91-93 octane. The 18-19s are making less on pump gas then the previous because they detonate easily with such high compression.

Lund jr and Alex have mentioned that they don’t want to tune high hp boosted cars on pump anymore, as it’s not worth the risk.

If you are going to run e85 you’ll need a return fuel system. Injectors upgrade alone won’t be enough

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I think they are saying it’ll make too much boost/ power (which will cause knock) on 91-93 octane. The 18-19s are making less on pump gas then the previous because they detonate easily with such high compression.

Lund jr and Alex have mentioned that they don’t want to tune high hp boosted cars on pump anymore, as it’s not worth the risk.

If you are going to run e85 you’ll need a return fuel system. Injectors upgrade alone won’t be enough
This and what @Boduke0220 said. My recent upgrades and tuning with Lund had them suggesting for me to go with E85 or race fuel since I was getting close to the edge of 93 octane range. There aren't many E85 stations around me and my car sits pretty much, so I stayed with 93 octane. They wouldn't tune me on anything smaller than a 79mm pulley on 93 which was fine with me because I didn't want to buy another fuel system anyway. I'm glad they won't let you go too far and keep your car safe. This thing is PLENTY fast enough for me as it is.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Like it's been already said there is only so much power that can be made on straight 91 and straight 93 fuel. Octane limits the power on these cars and even more so on the 18 up motor. Lund knows what there doing and even though the boost range they gave was a wide margin you will have a hard time making clean power with 91-93 at boost levels above 13 psi, 10-12 seems more realistic.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
They are just looking out for your best interests, 12:1 compression on 93 with lots of boost is pushing it.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Do you even have a means to log boost?? If not you're asking them to tune 11+ psi on crappy gas and 47lb injectors. LOL are you surprised they don't want to do it?

Sponsored

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm not running a supercharger, and I would agree what the other people are saying, but for the heck of it, I'll throw it out there. If you are willing to run right at the edge (e.g. your tuner says it's not safe) and you don't want to tune for e85, have you thought about methanol or water injection? On my previous turbocharged car, some said that it enabled more power, but most people seemed to come to the conclusion that you wouldn't necessarily tune for more hp, but, at a given level, it provided a safety measure because of the cooling effect.

Not sure how popular meth/water injection is here, but figured I'd throw it out there.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
they are trying to keep your endinge together, 9 psi typically makes about 670 wheel through the stock cats on 93.... 11-14 is alot of boost on pump for this engine

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
They are correct.

On 93 that is way too much boost on a gen 3. You can barely run that on a gen 2. You need E85 for boost that high. Ask them their recommendation but I believe you generally have to stay under 10psi on a gen 3 running on pump gas.

When you are limited by octane, boost (and timing) must be lower when compression is higher.

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Have you thought about using boostane or torco as an additive? 1 can of the professional should yield a little over 100 octane in the tank. There are lots of people having great results that use it in areas where e85 isn’t available.

OP
OP
RUBY RED 550

RUBY RED 550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Did you tell them the pulley size or the boost pressure?
69F72117-A031-4FF3-83E6-466ED367C608.jpeg
turkey thats some good numbers there thanks for that , how did you find that by the way? so my thing is why would edelbrock send a system thats is pushing the envelope so hard on there system ? because this is a all new system . and i am sure lund knew that because i would be amazed if the info i told them is the first time they have heard it, there is now way they have not tuned for a edelbrock system on a 18-19 yet.
Sponsored