Sponsored

Lund tune with issues???

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
LOL [MENTION=21513]Burkey[/MENTION] how many times did you want me to repeat the same troubles. Ordered a product and never received the product. Internet transactions are based on trust blah blah.

If you are getting great results from lund then that's good for you but there is no way you can say that a canned tune is better than a custom. Every engine is slightly different in its own way. Through a custom tune I found out some interesting things about cylinders 7 and 8 in my old car which was accounted for in the tune.

But surely they must be paying you by now, between you and [MENTION=22068]Josh_TypeX[/MENTION] you should have the Australian sponsorship locked down
Didn't you order through lethal? Not through Lund? So really your issues were with lethal? Buy that's OK... Keep shit talking Lund as a result of one of their retailers actions.

And you really aren't grasping the concept of "custom" and "canned" tunes are you? Lund is in no way a canned tune. They give you a base tune and then refine it through data logs based on your vehicle, conditions, driving, etc. This is exactly how blue power tuned your car. The only difference is it takes a few days of back and forth to get there rather than a single session on the dyno.
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
LOL [MENTION=21513]Burkey[/MENTION] how many times did you want me to repeat the same troubles. Ordered a product and never received the product. Internet transactions are based on trust blah blah.

If you are getting great results from lund then that's good for you but there is no way you can say that a canned tune is better than a custom. Every engine is slightly different in its own way. Through a custom tune I found out some interesting things about cylinders 7 and 8 in my old car which was accounted for in the tune.

But surely they must be paying you by now, between you and [MENTION=22068]Josh_TypeX[/MENTION] you should have the Australian sponsorship locked down

Ok, sooo you're talking about a shipping mishap (or similar) rather than the actual experience of running the tune. That clarifies it. I knew you had issues with delivery but assumed that you actually resolved it and ran the tune at some point. My bad.

I'll repeat again, Lund/AED/Palm beach etc etc are NOT selling a "canned tune".
I'm not sure which part of that is so hard to grasp.
They send a "base file" from which they move forward and dial the car in.
By comparison, a company like Roush use a CD to tune the car and NO changes are made. THAT is a canned tune.

I'm not advocating Lund over any of the other main players in the US on the basis of outright performance of the tune. I'm quite sure that the others can deliver results. What I don't know factually, is whether the customer service is comparable (cos I haven't used them and I'm not about to given the level of satisfaction with the current tuner)

Your issue means that something in the order of 1% of Lund's Aussie customers aren't happy. Even then, that's not based on the results of the tune received, which is what this thread was actually about.

Meanwhile, I'm still driving the fastest known NA, M6, full weight, S550 in Australia over the 1/8th (headers, catback, CAI, tune. No Inlet manifold or other tricks)
Still waiting for a locally tuned car to beat it.

The best part about running a good business is that your customers actually sell your product for you with the results they achieve. No need to post dyno charts, no need to talk down the competitors product and no need to sponsor your customers to get them to support you.

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Going well Tony. Car hasn't missed a beat. About time you got around to getting a tune! I'm just here to stop Street Fighter talking absolute shit like they always do.

Please refrain from your outbursts .
Our company has been tuning vehicles for over 25 years continuously.
Streetfighter is the preferred performance manufacturer and tuning company for new Mustang packages for numerous Ford dealerships around Australia.
We have worked with V8 supercars teams and have 3 out of the top 4 fastest Australian street performance production vehicles every tested by Motor magazine (including Mustang). We also manufactured OEM components for Ford , Holden and Toyota as well as aftermarket performance products.
All our results are independently tested by experts and professionals in the field. All our tunes and packages offer optional 3 Year Drive-line Warranties.
Our Street performance tuning and vehicle packages are based on performance, and long term reliability. As mentioned, our tunes are customized for street performance. Should you require a specific Ethanol race /drag/track/burnout comp etc tune we can customize to do so.
From this , I believe that we have some experience to make comments on forum and welcome differing opinions and discussion.

We respect companies like Lund and other U.S companies, however it seems as there is a a strong backlash by several against others companies (seemingly Australian) also marketing their own products.

If you are going to make a comment like you did, please back it .
What "shit" exactly did we talk .

Last edited:

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Didn't you order through lethal? Not through Lund? So really your issues were with lethal? Buy that's OK... Keep shit talking Lund as a result of one of their retailers actions.

And you really aren't grasping the concept of "custom" and "canned" tunes are you? Lund is in no way a canned tune. They give you a base tune and then refine it through data logs based on your vehicle, conditions, driving, etc. This is exactly how blue power tuned your car. The only difference is it takes a few days of back and forth to get there rather than a single session on the dyno.
You're rather aggressive these days Josh, is Ford no longer treating you well? :shrug:

Lund is not a proper custom tune as you said they start with a base tune and tweak from there. Would that base tune not be a canned tune?

I would love to see your recourse to a US provider if something were to go wrong with your engine. Whereas in Australia, should anything go wrong you have support and legal recourse.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Ok, sooo you're talking about a shipping mishap (or similar) rather than the actual experience of running the tune. That clarifies it. I knew you had issues with delivery but assumed that you actually resolved it and ran the tune at some point. My bad.

I'll repeat again, Lund/AED/Palm beach etc etc are NOT selling a "canned tune".
I'm not sure which part of that is so hard to grasp.
They send a "base file" from which they move forward and dial the car in.
By comparison, a company like Roush use a CD to tune the car and NO changes are made. THAT is a canned tune.

I'm not advocating Lund over any of the other main players in the US on the basis of outright performance of the tune. I'm quite sure that the others can deliver results. What I don't know factually, is whether the customer service is comparable (cos I haven't used them and I'm not about to given the level of satisfaction with the current tuner)

Your issue means that something in the order of 1% of Lund's Aussie customers aren't happy. Even then, that's not based on the results of the tune received, which is what this thread was actually about.

Meanwhile, I'm still driving the fastest known NA, M6, full weight, S550 in Australia over the 1/8th (headers, catback, CAI, tune. No Inlet manifold or other tricks)
Still waiting for a locally tuned car to beat it.

The best part about running a good business is that your customers actually sell your product for you with the results they achieve. No need to post dyno charts, no need to talk down the competitors product and no need to sponsor your customers to get them to support you.
Wasn't a shipping mishap at all, I received and subsequently returned the ngauge to Lethal. Lund was the company that did not provide me with the tune.

As for having the "fastest known NA, M6, full weight, S550 in Australia over the 1/8th (headers, catback, CAI, tune. No Inlet manifold or other tricks)" did you want a ribbon or a trophy? If so here you go :first:

I don't see what you are trying to achieve by blowing your own trumpet on something like that. Very 'big dog-esque'

What you always fail to remember is that I originally chose Lund to choose my car which was based off my research at the time, I spent my money with them and I was subsequently burnt. Anyone should take that into account when purchasing from a company where there is little to no recourse, I was fortunate that Paypal protection could assist.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wasn't a shipping mishap at all, I received and subsequently returned the ngauge to Lethal. Lund was the company that did not provide me with the tune.

As for having the "fastest known NA, M6, full weight, S550 in Australia over the 1/8th (headers, catback, CAI, tune. No Inlet manifold or other tricks)" did you want a ribbon or a trophy? If so here you go :first:

I don't see what you are trying to achieve by blowing your own trumpet on something like that. Very 'big dog-esque'

What you always fail to remember is that I originally chose Lund to choose my car which was based off my research at the time, I spent my money with them and I was subsequently burnt. Anyone should take that into account when purchasing from a company where there is little to no recourse, I was fortunate that Paypal protection could assist.
I’m not blowing MY trumpet. ALL credit goes to the guys that produced a “generic email tune” that somehow delivers better results (actual results that matter, not fucking dyno figures) than anything so far put on the strip by a local tuner.
You’re welcome.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I’m not blowing MY trumpet. ALL credit goes to the guys that produced a “generic email tune” that somehow delivers better results (actual results that matter, not fucking dyno figures) than anything so far put on the strip by a local tuner.
You’re welcome.
Drag strip times take into account so many different things other than a tune
- Drivers ability
- Weight reduction
- Tyres, wheels
- Short shifter
- Suspension
- Engine tune
- Weather

So are you trying to say that your tune is greater than the sum of everything else that goes into a drag strip time?

Thats why power figures are used because they measure the engines ability not the drivers ability and the sum of the various things listed above

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Lund don't do a generic tune like an Accessport or such, as they take into account the mods you have done and refine it based on your datalogs.

Their benefit is that they've tuned more cars then probably anyone locally, so they know what they should get.

I trust an email tune more then "Oh yeah we will give that a shot" tune from someone locally, as they simply have more experience.

Im not saying local tuners are bad, but they will be less experienced then Lund, and Im sure a lot of them locally are worse then Lund tunes.

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT vert & 2018 Fury GT Vert & 2020 grabber Lime GT Vert
BOYS, take it easy please. Let's all be nice... we all have our own input and im sure some of us if not all have S#it to say about the other companies. Can we please stop being so negative towards other competitors and drop the topic. Thank you for everyone's input and it's much appriceated.

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
David, burkey has already summarised all your shit talking. There is no need for me to repeat it.

How about you share some real world evidence that backup your power claims? Because all of the independent tests I've see do not.

And let's not talk about your "pick and choose" warranty...

I'm going great Rhett and Ford is treating me well, thanks for asking. Its great to catch up after so long!

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
David, burkey has already summarised all your shit talking. There is no need for me to repeat it.

How about you share some real world evidence that backup your power claims? Because all of the independent tests I've see do not.

And let's not talk about your "pick and choose" warranty...

I'm going great Rhett and Ford is treating me well, thanks for asking. Its great to catch up after so long!
Not quite sure what you mean by a pick and choose warranty? Or is that the standard Ford Australia approved method of getting warranty claims passed?

:lol:

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT vert & 2018 Fury GT Vert & 2020 grabber Lime GT Vert
Boys, enough please before we all get banned and kicked out...

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
Not quite sure what you mean by a pick and choose warranty? Or is that the standard Ford Australia approved method of getting warranty claims passed?

:lol:
I mean that SF will only cover you in the case of oil cooler failure if you upgrade to the oil cooler they sell. And they reserve the right to change their definition of "common issue" at any time in order to deny a warranty claim. I don't think I need to tell YOU the validity of a single sided contract like this.

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thats why power figures are used because they measure the engines ability not the drivers ability and the sum of the various things listed above
Devils advocate, but even those aren't a reliable comparison in a lot of instances. They're affected by how it's strapped down, tyres, temperature on the day. Even back to back comparisons from 1 car to another they can be tied down differently and therefore the results can be skewed.

Hub dyno's are pretty much the only thing that can mitigate some of the risk of disparity imo. Not sure how many tuners use them though tbh?

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Gents, can we keep the alpha male soapboxing to a minimum please.
If you post an opinion, fine, but lets not back it up with provocation.
The forum values your information and input, but oneupmanship is not necessary.
Sponsored