Sponsored

Anyone had issues with US bought SCT4 tuners?

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual
Had a few tuning shops tell me the US bought SCT won't work on Aussie cars. I can imagine they mightn't work for Falcons etc but I bought one from a sponsor here. I know a few others have night them as well. Did you have any issues using the SCT on your S550?
Sponsored

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
I remember reading somewhere why exactly they won't work, but I can't remember. Something to do with fuel etc?

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
I'm in Japan and have a US bought SCT4 tuner. My Ecoboost is Euro/Asia spec. I believe it's the same as Australia...
I talked to Torrie at Unleashed and he said there is no problem for him to tune Euro cars and that he's done a few. I haven't tried yet, but will do so soon and report back.

By the way... I ran Torrie's tune in the states on my Ecoboost there and holy cow it's awesome! Not sure about his GT tune, but he does great work.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm in Japan and have a US bought SCT4 tuner. My Ecoboost is Euro/Asia spec. I believe it's the same as Australia...
I talked to Torrie at Unleashed and he said there is no problem for him to tune Euro cars and that he's done a few. I haven't tried yet, but will do so soon and report back.

By the way... I ran Torrie's tune in the states on my Ecoboost there and holy cow it's awesome! Not sure about his GT tune, but he does great work.
I was going to say I'm sure Torrie at Unleashed Tuning will be doing them. I had him tune my Focus ST using the sct device from him. I know initially he needed to get a code or something from Ford to allow him but once he had it meant he could tune any of the aussie ones

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
They wont work, and it has nothing to do with fuel etc. Its more to do with money.
Yes money and greed the root of all evil.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hunter

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual
can you elaborate? I can imagine Herrods insisting SCT's not ship with codes for Falcons but the mustang should be same / same right?
I think Evl500 bought a Lund Tuner and Tuner from Cj's and it worked?

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
[MENTION=20087]Hunter[/MENTION]

The nail has been hit on the head:lol:
Iam all for protecting your investment, I understand and agree, but when it comes to the stage where protection is not the "altruistic" reason, I like many others get annoyed.

The unfortunate thing is that this device and software as great as it is, is the most widely used in this country.
My hope is that someone in this country will approach other manufactures and become a Aussie distributor with Aussie technical help.

Having the real option of brand a or brand b can only be good not only performance wise, but in reduction of wallet pain:D

Other devices will work, and work well. However my tuner will be unable to tweak as required. Data files will have to be sent to USA, they interpret them, send them back, changes are then data logged, sent back for checking.....on it goes

Thats why local support.....well for me, is the only option

MoosaTunga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
by the time you buy the SCT x4 ship it to Australia it costs roughly the same price. for instance we charge $1600 to tune Falcon/Mustang with x4, $1000 if customer has their own x4 or wants to use HP Tuners software, so that basically means the x4 costs $600. by the time you buy from US at US$350 will be AU$500 by time you do exchange rate and get hit with card fees etc then there is shipping, let's say $50. so you save $50, honestly i'd pay the extra $50 just to get the local support just incase something does go wrong.
Sponsored