OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT vert & 2018 Fury GT Vert & 2020 grabber Lime GT Vert
I agree with you 100% burkey, your not wrong... I have seen cars doing 350+ and 450+ rwkw and there not very quick down the quarter mile. So dyno papers and numbers is not the real figger to some degree...

So if I just get a ngauge with basic tune and drive it (for 3 months) till Lund get the tune perfect. Once that tune is perfect, will the flex/E85 tune be easy to program or the same process as basic tune?

Your a good man burkey
Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Look it can't be a thread about Lund unless i chime in with my 2c

It looks like you are based in Victoria Ohhhstang and you are looking at getting a bluepower cai. I would recommend that you go with Bluepower for the tune, I am one of the few people (according to Old Mate Burkey) who had an issue with Lund.

My tune from Chris at Bluepower was first class and its a shame they don't tune my current car

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang

It looks like you are based in Victoria Ohhhstang and you are looking at getting a bluepower cai. I would recommend that you go with Bluepower for the tune, I am one of the few people (according to Old Mate Burkey) who had an issue with Lund.

My tune from Chris at Bluepower was first class and its a shame they don't tune my current car
Spot on.
Boys at Blue Power do a great job.

Although we also supply mail order tunes , nothing compares with having your vehicle customized on dyno. Every vehicle is different in its final outcomes. There are multiple reasons for this, including local fuels and conditions. Customized dyno tuning ensures that the tuning is tailored perfectly.
Most Mustangs in the U.S are custom tuned on dyno rather than generically tuned with a blanket one tune fits all.
This is also the case in Australia on all other model vehicles.
Lund along with multiple other companies do supply a good offering that costs less than custom tuning.
However the perception among st many current Mustang owners that blanket mail order generic tuning over a correct custom tuning delivers better results is not shared with almost all experienced professional tuners .
Supplying mail order tunes is an option most tuning shops offer, however always recommend custom dyno tuning.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

What issue/s did you have? :shrug:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Spot on.
Boys at Blue Power do a great job.

Although we also supply mail order tunes , nothing compares with having your vehicle customized on dyno. Every vehicle is different in its final outcomes. There are multiple reasons for this, including local fuels and conditions. Customized dyno tuning ensures that the tuning is tailored perfectly.
Most Mustangs in the U.S are custom tuned on dyno rather than generically tuned with a blanket one tune fits all.
This is also the case in Australia on all other model vehicles.
Lund along with multiple other companies do supply a good offering that costs less than custom tuning.
However the perception among st many current Mustang owners that blanket mail order generic tuning over a correct custom tuning delivers better results is not shared with almost all experienced professional tuners .
Supplying mail order tunes is an option most tuning shops offer, however always recommend custom dyno tuning.
"Although we also supply mail order tunes , nothing compares with having your vehicle customized on dyno."
Sooo, even though Lund tuned the 3 fastest Naturally Aspirated S550s in Oz right now, you somehow feel that your stuff is better? Seems legit.

"Every vehicle is different in its final outcomes"
Agreed

"There are multiple reasons for this, including local fuels and conditions."
Agreed, this is why we do datalogs and revise, to prove the car/fuel etc.

"Customized dyno tuning ensures that the tuning is tailored perfectly."
Again, this is why we do datalogs and REVISE the tune

"Most Mustangs in the U.S are custom tuned on dyno rather than generically tuned with a blanket one tune fits all."
Really? Take a look at the US portion of the forum right here, I'd argue that the vast majority are using Lund/Palm Beach/AED/VMP etc

"This is also the case in Australia on all other model vehicles."
:shrug:

"Lund along with multiple other companies do supply a good offering that costs less than custom tuning."
It IS custom tuning. Not sure which part of that you're not grasping.
The tune is adjusted to suit the vehicle.:headbonk:

"However the perception among st many current Mustang owners that blanket mail order generic tuning over a correct custom tuning delivers better results is not shared with almost all experienced professional tuners."
Who exactly is suggesting that a mail order tune is better?

"Supplying mail order tunes is an option most tuning shops offer, however always recommend custom dyno tuning.[/QUOTE]"
Seriously, I asked Lund if I'd be better off jumping on a dyno to get the most out of the car, the answer was a resounding NO. Cam timing and all the rest of it that goes toward building power, is VERY well documented when you've tuned literally thousands of cars in hundreds of configurations.
Seriously, as soon as a local tuner puts a car down the strip and gets better results, I'll be interested. In the meantime, please cease with spreading this misinformation.
We all realise you have a product to sell and need to protect you patch, but this is just ludicrous.

Sponsored

Timmyoto87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Iv had 2 custom tunes in Sydney, both didn’t feel anything better then stock, Both $800 odd a pop
Went over to lund tune for less then half that price
And the second the tune was loaded that car felt completely different, It was like I had just superchargered it, massive difference

Iv got xforce full exhaust, Pmas Intake, and my first ever drag run I did 12.611 and I wasn’t even shifting properly had more in it iv been told by Lund who read over my data logs from the nights runs

Iv had 7 different tunes from lund altering things going from the datalogs I sent them

Over 140 emails back and forth all questions answered
And not a single cent extra paid for that

From the original cost of the tune was around $300 us I think
3 months of free revisions

Not saying all custom tune shops are bad but a lot leave customers a lot to be desired

This is the 21st Century people, technology is advancing. Many ways to skin a cat

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
Fastest NA without headers (that I know of) checking in. Lund tuned.

And you know what? I run a higher trap speed than any NA street fighter car I know of that has headers.

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
:brokenheart:
Fastest NA without headers (that I know of) checking in. Lund tuned.

And you know what? I run a higher trap speed than any NA street fighter car I know of that has headers.
I can vogue for that, been it in and it's very very quick. How you been Josh? It's been a while... how's the rocket treating ya?

xpiggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
brendan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt mustang cobrajet, comp cams stage 3, 4c stall converter e85 pbd and lund tuned
Ive been running lund from day dot for 2 years now with no probems at all except great service. I might also mention that it was the fastest n/a over the qtr for a while @11.9 @116 on 98. Till i got bumped off the top from another lund car with similer mods

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
:brokenheart:

I can vogue for that, been it in and it's very very quick. How you been Josh? It's been a while... how's the rocket treating ya?
Going well Tony. Car hasn't missed a beat. About time you got around to getting a tune! I'm just here to stop Street Fighter talking absolute shit like they always do.

Sponsored
OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Going well Tony. Car hasn't missed a beat. About time you got around to getting a tune! I'm just here to stop Street Fighter talking absolute shit like they always do.
I wouldn't worry about street fighter, let them talk and do what they do bud, each to there own... we need to catch up soon, swing past for a coffee next time your in the area...

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with you 100% burkey, your not wrong... I have seen cars doing 350+ and 450+ rwkw and there not very quick down the quarter mile. So dyno papers and numbers is not the real figger to some degree...

So if I just get a ngauge with basic tune and drive it (for 3 months) till Lund get the tune perfect. Once that tune is perfect, will the flex/E85 tune be easy to program or the same process as basic tune?

Your a good man burkey ��
I'm not a tuner so I can't definitively answer that question, but, given that they have data for your car, I'd tend to assume that the process is sped up to some extent. It didn't take much to get mine dialled in on the good stuff.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'll just leave this here I think.
Alex is always full of good advice.
Yet another bloke I'd trust to do my tuning. (No idea if his customer service stacks up against Lund)

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If we're talking full generic v custom, imo assuming it's a decent tuner than custom should win every time.

The interesting thing i'm reading from this Lund is that it's a base generic tune but then through data logging during use it provides additional information that they then use to dial in the tune - correct?

If so, it's almost a mail order custom to a degree. A lot of the info the custom tuners would get from monitoring while on a dyno would probably be the same stuff Lund are pulling from the OBD2 port at a guess. That's really cool.

On my XR5 i had Dreamscience Generic for a couple years then when i finished my mods i went a custom tune. Despite adapting the generic one i was using to one that suited my mods, the custom was an absolute monster and miles ahead. Ended up putting out 220KW/480NM from the front wheels. It was amazing.

Having that experience I'd tended towards thinking custom would be the only thing suitable for the Mustang when i get one, but knowing that it's a base tuned that's subsequently refined then i'm definitely going to consider giving Lund a crack. Really that's the same process as a custom except it's done in a few hours on the spot rather than back/forth (and you don't get to give feedback to the changes with custom...without it likely costing some more)

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
What issue/s did you have? :shrug:
LOL [MENTION=21513]Burkey[/MENTION] how many times did you want me to repeat the same troubles. Ordered a product and never received the product. Internet transactions are based on trust blah blah.

If you are getting great results from lund then that's good for you but there is no way you can say that a canned tune is better than a custom. Every engine is slightly different in its own way. Through a custom tune I found out some interesting things about cylinders 7 and 8 in my old car which was accounted for in the tune.

But surely they must be paying you by now, between you and [MENTION=22068]Josh_TypeX[/MENTION] you should have the Australian sponsorship locked down
Sponsored