Lund Racing Tune issue

DeltaOneSix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DW
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT S550
So I am running a SCT GTX. Purchased a fairly modest tune from Lund I thought. Just removing the Tube from the Roush CAI to get 105mm of air. 93 octane fuel. Got it loaded and then got a P0315 Crankshaft Position System variation not learned. Waiting on support from Lund on this one since they are Zen desk support only. Car seems to crank and run fine. Any ideas on this one? Reading where the SCT x4 can actually handle this condition. SCT support told me to contact Lund first. So my first walk on the custom tune side. Issues out of the gate. Thanks.
Sponsored

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Do a crank relearn using the sct device

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
do a crank relearn with the tuner it takes 30 secs

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
Please use the search function as this issue has come up many times before.

Lund is not amazon, they have a small staff comprised of the best out there. Also please dont title your thread a lund tune issue as it has nothing to do with their tunes. A crank relearn can be needed with any flash of a tune and is random. Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
DeltaOneSix

DeltaOneSix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DW
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT S550
Thanks. SCT did not state a crank relearn was possible with the GTX

Wiggs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Please use the search function as this issue has come up many times before.

Lund is not amazon, they have a small staff comprised of the best out there. Also please dont title your thread a lund tune issue as it has nothing to do with their tunes. A crank relearn can be needed with any flash of a tune and is random. Thanks
Exactly what this guy said. Lund is the best in the industry and have helped me every step of the way and always replied fast.

OP
OP
DeltaOneSix

DeltaOneSix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DW
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT S550
No doubt. But the p0315 was not expected or included in how to clear in the instructions for the tune. Seems if it was that common that there would have been a heads up. That’s all. Again running a SCT GTX. Devine said to take it up with Lund. Nothing back from Lund yet.

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
All good man theres just a bunch of knuckleheads on here that cry foul anytime they run into an issue.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I had this happen as well, except I'm on an nGauge which does allow for crack re-learns. Fixed quick.

Lund also never wrote that their tunes expecting the car to have a 170Tstat, even if you tell them you have a stock Tstat. So my fans kick on all the time, just minor annoyance.

Wacky the GTX can't handle that as the X4 can perform a re-learn.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DeltaOneSix

DeltaOneSix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DW
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT S550
Thanks for the info. Good to know not everyone is a know-it-all.

Follow-up.
I spoke with Devine SCT and they said none of their devices will do a crank relearn on a 2017 GT 5.0. I thought x4 did it but they
said nope. I did hear back from Lund. They said to borrow an x4 to do it. So definitely some conflicting info flying around.

Still not sure how a crank relearn was triggered by the tune. But there it goes.

I took it to my mechanic. OBDII device and a tablet and a couple minutes, reviving the engine a coupe of times with head temp over 80 Celsius and viola! Done. Literally took 5 mins. Took longer to get through the menus on the tablet.

Unfortunately have not found a DIY with my setup. Thought about buying a x4 just to have. Glad I didn’t.

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
Thanks for the info. Good to know not everyone is a know-it-all.

Follow-up.
I spoke with Devine SCT and they said none of their devices will do a crank relearn on a 2017 GT 5.0. I thought x4 did it but they
said nope. I did hear back from Lund. They said to borrow an x4 to do it. So definitely some conflicting info flying around.

Still not sure how a crank relearn was triggered by the tune. But there it goes.

I took it to my mechanic. OBDII device and a tablet and a couple minutes, reviving the engine a coupe of times with head temp over 80 Celsius and viola! Done. Literally took 5 mins. Took longer to get through the menus on the tablet.

Unfortunately have not found a DIY with my setup. Thought about buying a x4 just to have. Glad I didn’t.
Glad you got it figured out.

The X4 can do a crank relearn.

OP
OP
DeltaOneSix

DeltaOneSix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DW
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT S550
Thanks. I read the same. X4 can do a crank relearn but Devine says it is vehicle specific and a 2017 GT v8 is not supported. That is what the tech told me. Just passing that along. If anyone has actually done a crank relearn on a 2017 GT V8 with a x4 let me know.

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
Thanks. I read the same. X4 can do a crank relearn but Devine says it is vehicle specific and a 2017 GT v8 is not supported. That is what the tech told me. Just passing that along. If anyone has actually done a crank relearn on a 2017 GT V8 with a x4 let me know.
I have a 2017 GT, and an X4. It can do a crank relearn.