Sponsored

Lund Racing Flex Fuel Tunes now available!!!

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering this myself - E85 by its nature is corrosive. I'd imagine this has to have some ill effect on the fuel lines right?
Should be ok. Even Flex Fuel vehicles want you to run regular gasoline every 3rd or 4th fill up as per the owner's manual. It would be a good practice to follow with this tune also.:)
Sponsored

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
Has anyone fried a set of o2 sensors yet running e85?

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
^seems to be a catless header issue. Some are wrapping and relocating 02 in a more downward orientation to avoid moisture build up.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Put in a support request to Lund last night in the attempt for some cold start improvement. It's been really slow starting lately. This past week its been in the teens and twenty's outside. I avoided driving as much as I could but also didn't want it sitting for longer then a week at a time with the E85 in the tank. I know extended crank time is somewhat normal, however just wanted to see if can be improved slightly. I took it to work yesterday and the usual extended crank turned into a no start on the first attempt then a stumble on the second attempt. It's fine once it actually gets running though. Sometimes a slight throttle surge if I move the car too soon before the cold start idle comes down, and come to a stop again.

Lund replied already this morning, he said he made a few adjustments but wouldn't chase it beyond this as E85 really doesn't do well in below freezing temps on a cold start. I got the tune loaded but not before the snow started. I didn't want to bother starting it if I couldn't drive it as he said it will need to relearn the ethynol %. Hopefully whatever changes he made helps a little. If not oh well. I understand it may be difficult to perfect remotely, especially since I don't run E85 exclusively anyway.

I'm just waiting for clarification if I will need to switch back to the original FlexFuel tune he sent me when it warms back up outside or when I go back to 93.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
^^
i had cold start issues on my wrx on e85, which i why i got off it in nov, and went back to it in april. never seen over e70 in the winter months anyway. id just go back on 93 till it warms up

Sponsored

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
^^
i had cold start issues on my wrx on e85, which i why i got off it in nov, and went back to it in april. never seen over e70 in the winter months anyway. id just go back on 93 till it warms up
Probably what I will end up doing after I finish this tank of E85 unless his revision helps a lot. If the ethynol % PID in my Torque Pro app is accurate it says I'm at 77.6% for what's in my tank right now. But I'm skeptical how accurate it is. We will see when I put in some 93 next time.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Thats ashame hes not willing to go farther then that. It can be fixed completely at worst 60-70% improved. Its possible it maybe harder on the ff tune vs the e85 only tune.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
Thats ashame hes not willing to go farther then that. It can be fixed completely at worst 60-70% improved. Its possible it maybe harder on the ff tune vs the e85 only tune.
That's what I was thinking, that's why I asked if I would need to revert back when it warms up or I go back to 93. I think it's more about how much he can change and it still be "flexible". But that's just a guess. And their customer support really has been awesome. Especially since I got the FlexFuel tune when it was free. I'm sure if I paid some money they would spend some additional time. And I would gladly do it if I was going to run it more often. But the closest pump is 25 min away and know I won't always go every time I need fuel. And I drive my Mustang less in cold/crappy weather so no big deal to me. If his revisions help, great, if not, I was going to run 93 till it warms up a little anyway.

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
So I just installed my NGuage and Steeda CAI, but I don't see an option to load an E85 or FF tune? How do I know if they gave me the E85 map or not? I ordered it just before Christmas and I thought all nGauges received the Flex Fuel tune as a holiday incentive.

The only options I have are the cammed tune and normal.

Edit: I totally forgot that the tune raises the redline, you guys should've seen the look on my face when it went from 7k to 7.5k. Hahaha

Last edited:

Sponsored

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Whats the name of the file? You really should be asking Lund though! lol
Lund's closed on the weekends and I'm eagerly awaiting my first tank of corn haha :headbang:. My bad if it comes off like a dumb question.

Here's some pictures of my options via NGuage -

Now I should also ask Lund this but I figure it won't hurt to ask here as well. My car's running a Steeda CAI (tune required version) and muffler delete and I listed that on the tune sheet. I've never run the car to 7,500rpm and it seems too good to be true. I'm assuming it's safe to do so since the NGuage allows it?

Also, after skimming the first 5 pages of this thread it seems that all tunes are now FF so could I top off my current 1/4 tank of 91oct with E85 tomorrow? Making a trip to Mexico with some other cars and I want to make sure I'm running safe and well.

All I did was load the tune via NGuage and that's it, did I miss any steps that I need to do afterwards? I linstalled my CAI, loaded the tune, pumped some gas and went on my merry way enjoying the new found power and raised redline. Hahaha

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
I would not put E85 in it! It would say Flex Fuel in the name!
Thank you! That's the type of confirmation I needed! So it should say Flex Fuel? I ordered at 12:07am on 12/25/2015 from Lethal Performance, I thought I made the cutoff for the free FF tune. I'll have to contact Lethal on Monday. Any chance someone could post a photo of what the NGuage looks like when it displays the FF tune option? I was under the impression that the ghost can was a free option, then my 91oct was paid for and the FF tune was free due to the promotion.

SLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
You needed to specify on the tune request form that you wanted the flex fuel tune.

The flex fuel tune would be your main tune that you can run 91 oct on. It wouldn't be a separate tune.

This is how my tune was named
2669-MANUAL-16GT-EOP2-SteedaNI-Normal-v3d-FlexFuel.cef

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Hmm, I know I requested flex fuel. Definitely gotta get this sorted out. How much power am I missing out on by running 91oct vs E85?
Sponsored