Sponsored

lowering track pack?

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
I'm actually quite impressed with the combination of handling/comfort of my Ecoboost Performance Pack. It's really good for a daily driven factory setup. What's wrong with them? Do they start to break down quickly or something?
Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
OK, I know you probably can't provide a conclusive answer (which I understand), but if I installed a modestly lowered set of springs like your progressives, is it safe to assume that probably I'd be in spec (less than 1.5 deg neg camber, as you say)? Any issues with toe or caster?
Yes more than likely you will be fine, caster and toe no problem.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I'm actually quite impressed with the combination of handling/comfort of my Ecoboost Performance Pack. It's really good for a daily driven factory setup. What's wrong with them? Do they start to break down quickly or something?
I'm no expert, but I think a lot of people prefer switching out the dampers because the stock PP dampers can feel rather bouncy (which I agree with, although I don't notice it all that much). I'm sure switching to a nice aftermarket damper set probably has some performance advantages on the track, as well.

On the springs, I think the main reason is to lower the car for looks and also maybe to improve handling through a slightly lower center of gravity. I would imagine some people also would prefer a slightly softer feel by switching to progressive springs and/or a lighter spring rate, while others are looking for a stiffer spring for track use.

I haven't heard of any issues with the longevity of the stock PP suspension components.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I'm really happy with my steeda ultralite linears. They ride just a tad firmer than stock, which is OK to me because the stock PP felt like it was squishy and floaty anyway. These along with the BMR CB005 made my car feel super planted and much better than stock. It sits about perfect for me as well. I don't scrape over anything. I had no problems getting an alignment without camber plates or anything. -1.8 camber all around with 275 square setup. They could have gotten the camber within spec but I wanted the -1.8

28708850873_97ea12c82d_c.jpg

29250786031_1582efe672_c.jpg

Sponsored