Sponsored

Low Voltage GT PP

rjuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
My car was doing this and dealer said it was a bad pin connector on the alternator. They had one instock so could be a common problem
Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
i noticed mine was 12.9 the other day, but it was 14+ today.

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
Mine is doing this too. Drove long distance on the highway at 12.7 usually around 13.7 or 14.1. My blue gauges also kept turning back to the default white

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
My 16 PP is doing this. Today its sticking at 13v. Its all over the place most of the time from 12.3 to 14.1

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
normal

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That's what a voltage regulator does. PCM will determine how much the alternator should output. It'll vary depending on load. Once the battery is fully charged, there's no reason to maintain 13.5V+. Your cars run off a 12V system. The excess voltage is to restore the battery after loads have drained it.

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
That's what a voltage regulator does. PCM will determine how much the alternator should output. It'll vary depending on load. Once the battery is fully charged, there's no reason to maintain 13.5V+. Your cars run off a 12V system. The excess voltage is to restore the battery after loads have drained it.
Bingo. Fords have what they call a smart charging system. The battery does not need 14+ volts all the time. The alternator is being efficient, stop taking your cars to the dealer for this lol.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
i remember reading several months ago that someone on here took their car in because of this. then the dealer said something about tightening a loose alternator wire and it fixed it.

i remember thinking, well, this guy's going to be in for quite a surprise when he sees his voltage dip again in a few days, LOL

randyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Umm, 12 volts is holding steady. 12.1 volts is charging your battery or keeping it topped off. 14+ volts were the norm in older cars I think. Recent vehicles with vast digital technology are super efficient. They don't require excessive increase in voltage to maintain peak performance. Just my opinion of course. FYI, mine does the same thing and in 17,912 miles (as of today) it runs perfectly :)

My digital gauges indicate an average of 12.1 volts coming from the alt jumps to 13 but drops back down slowly. Is anyone else having this problem?
Sponsored