brianbr

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
I would definitely bring up the additives concern as well. How does one know that whatever “additives” the Tech added didn’t wash out the cylinders and bearings? The type of additive (Ford name and Ford part number) should have been documented on the work order, period.

*The first thing the second dealer did was get a copy of that oil change work order, thats how I found out about the additives.

Unfortunately you’re in the position you’re in because of their negligence. It’s very strange too that nothing has been documented in OASIS as to what has been done to the vehicle each time it’s brought into service. The vehicle is supposed to be logged each time by it’s VIN as soon as the Service Writer is taking the Customer’s concerns, even before you hand over the keys. Your concerns AND the Tech’s findings (even if there were no findings) should always documented on the Work orders.

Seems like they are trying to hide something.

* It definitely does and I was thinking the same thing.

Do you have all of your Service Work Orders from each visit? If so, I would make copies and tell your Ford CSR or Supervisor there’s something hokey going on....

* I do have all copies, I will notify the regional manager when I hear from them.

Do you have complete access to PTS? Can you look up more about your vehicle - you should be able to see everything about that car with PTS/OASIS access.

* I only have fleet access through my job but the dealership we use for warranty work might be able to help.

OASIS should also be current with the last logged date of when the car was in for service along with the mileage entry.
Sponsored

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Agree with cobrajet, that someone is hiding something.

It really sounds like the original dealer who did the oil change used the wrong oil. Like maybe one formulated for a diesel that typically has a lot of additives and are also heavy weight which would have lowered the oil pressure. From there, it sounds like Ford is trying to cover their tracks as no one would want to admit the dealership made a mistake and cost you a motor and all of this grief.