Low Oil Pressure light

Barlez47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush Stage 2
Hi guys. I just ran into this issue tonight. I have a 2018 Roush stage 2 With a Phase 2 Blower from factory. (Didn’t do it myself) and I did a 55 pull and the car lost complete power @128mph and then I got a light saying (low oil oil pressure) I got home. And parked car, checked oil and it’s completely normal. Turned the car over a couple of times and starts right up no problem. Anyone know what it could be ??
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Hi guys. I just ran into this issue tonight. I have a 2018 Roush stage 2 With a Phase 2 Blower from factory. (Didn’t do it myself) and I did a 55 pull and the car lost complete power @128mph and then I got a light saying (low oil oil pressure) I got home. And parked car, checked oil and it’s completely normal. Turned the car over a couple of times and starts right up no problem. Anyone know what it could be ??
Oil pump gears probably peaced out, don't run it anymore lol

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Car is completely stock though idk why they would.
It's not stock though, it's a stock *engine* with a supercharger bolted to it. It's not super common, but it's not unheard of to blow up the gears or shear off the crank sprocket teeth (or even the entire snout) when you're running a blower on these engines.

With that said, how far was the drive home? If the car made it without blowing up, maybe you're lucky and it's just a failed sending unit or the plug disconnected.

OP
OP
Barlez47

Barlez47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush Stage 2
It's not stock though, it's a stock *engine* with a supercharger bolted to it. It's not super common, but it's not unheard of to blow up the gears or shear off the crank sprocket teeth (or even the entire snout) when you're running a blower on these engines.

With that said, how far was the drive home? If the car made it without blowing up, maybe you're lucky and it's just a failed sending unit or the plug disconnected.
Very true, you have a point. And the free way is right outside my house I drove it 20mph up my driveway and got out cranked it over a couple of times to see what it does. Finally turned it on like 2 times after messing with the cranking over and it does turn on like nothing. Just shows the “low oil pressure light”.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Get a hook and have a dealer look at it. The one that did the blower install if possible.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
What happened was with a long pull like that all the oil pumped out of the pan faster than it could return so you suck air and lose oil pressure

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
What happened was with a long pull like that all the oil pumped out of the pan faster than it could return so you suck air and lose oil pressure
For a blown 5.0 I can't imagine his pull was much longer than 6 or 7 seconds, seems impossible to me he could have pumped all 10 quarts out in that timespan, nor would he still have the low oil pressure light come on on subsequent restarts. Just my thoughts though

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Probably hit a limiter - or there's an issue with the tune. There was another thread recently with another M6G owner who had just purchased a ROUSH that is doing the same thing. He had it at a dyno session and it was cutting at I think it was same 128mph or 124... that thread was just posted within the last 2 weeks...

If it's not a tune issue - definitely get the OPG upgraded and while in there, definitely check the crank sprocket - because stock or not, those are the (2) most common failure points of a S550 Coyote - that's fact. There's been plenty of posts on here with M6G members who have complete stock everything (no forced induction, straight off the factory floor stock) and the crank sprocket has disintegrated... Factory OPG, some stockers have had failure too...

Don't press your luck much further until you figure out the situation. Oil starvation is quite possible depending on the pull RPM, MPH and duration ... if something is off mechanically or tune wise, that to me is the bigger concern at this stage.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Barlez47

Barlez47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush Stage 2
Probably hit a limiter - or there's an issue with the tune. There was another thread recently with another M6G owner who had just purchased a ROUSH that is doing the same thing. He had it at a dyno session and it was cutting at I think it was same 128mph or 124... that thread was just posted within the last 2 weeks...

If it's not a tune issue - definitely get the OPG upgraded and while in there, definitely check the crank sprocket - because stock or not, those are the (2) most common failure points of a S550 Coyote - that's fact. There's been plenty of posts on here with M6G members who have complete stock everything (no forced induction, straight off the factory floor stock) and the crank sprocket has disintegrated... Factory OPG, some stockers have had failure too...

Don't press your luck much further until you figure out the situation. Oil starvation is quite possible depending on the pull RPM, MPH and duration ... if something is off mechanically or tune wise, that to me is the bigger concern at this stage.
I Pulled the Oil Filter was just fine, nothing sparkly or nothing, oil was still fresh, it did need about a Quart, car turns on like nothing. No weird noises, started to drive it and once car got to temp the low oil pressure light came back on. It’s going to Ford the 23rd. Will see what happens from there it will remain parked.

Shawnk81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford MustangGT
I Pulled the Oil Filter was just fine, nothing sparkly or nothing, oil was still fresh, it did need about a Quart, car turns on like nothing. No weird noises, started to drive it and once car got to temp the low oil pressure light came back on. It’s going to Ford the 23rd. Will see what happens from there it will remain parked.
Was Ford able to find the issue?
Sponsored