Sponsored

Love the Drive installed today.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I use the Audi one. Takes a little to install initially but after that it’s a 1 minute job.

I LOVE it. No rattles. Folds easily and stores easily in the trunk. I have had it for 3 years now and it’s held up well. They’re likely harder to get, but the shape and design is perfect and it looks like came with the car.

Really can’t beat any of them though to take the wind on the highways or take the chill off cool / cold nights!
I looked at this option but they are extremely thin on the ground in Canada and I could only find them shipping from the US, which meant extremely rude shipping costs, imports duties and not a very friendly exchange rate.
Sponsored

Stangalang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT Altas Blue
I think I'm going to wait until we are closer to the Spring months to grab one. I feel like it would be pointless to get one right now due to the fact that it's snowing outside and I get chilly under 65 for the top down as is right now. Additionally, at 25F outside. Lol.

I'm glad that it's sturdy enough. Would rather buy one second hand, I seriously think the price tag is steep. But I guess the fact that you can return it if you don't like it is nice.

Canadian Crimson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP1 Royal Crimson
In regards to the "Love the Drive" one. Give some serious thought to whether you will wand a light bar in the future. The light bar one will work without a light bar, but the normal one will not work with a light bar.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
New to this thread and I have a different vert of course but my BMW came with one. I can’t believe they don’t give you one with the Mustang for the price.

Sponsored

5550snotamerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 eco convertible auto
New to this thread and I have a different vert of course but my BMW came with one. I can’t believe they don’t give you one with the Mustang for the price.
I can't believe Ford doesn't make one. Seems like they are leaving money on the table.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I can't believe Ford doesn't make one. Seems like they are leaving money on the table.
There was a Ford one available in Europe, although it no longer appears on the UK website. Why they didn’t sell them in North America is beyond me.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
There was a Ford one available in Europe, although it no longer appears on the UK website. Why they didn’t sell them in North America is beyond me.
Because in the land of lawyers and NTSB, I'm sure sure someone determined them to be a liability. Most likely an egress issue.

5550snotamerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 eco convertible auto
Because in the land of lawyers and NTSB, I'm sure sure someone determined them to be a liability. Most likely an egress issue.
Could be. Long time ago I had a Focus. Tow rating in Lawyer Land, 2000lbs, exact same car driven by our friendly neighbors to the north, 3000lbs eh? 🤨 What's that aboot?

Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Could be. Long time ago I had a Focus. Tow rating in Lawyer Land, 2000lbs, exact same car driven by our friendly neighbors to the north, 3000lbs eh? 🤨 What's that aboot?
Notwithstanding the running gag in How I Met Your Mother, I’ve never heard a fellow Canadian pronounce about “aboot”.

Virnman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2019 GT Premium Vert 401A A10
Vehicle Showcase
Less expensive but barely. I decided to wait until the Spring March/April and order the Love the Drive one. May as well cry once. Right?
Well it’s 74 here today…never really cold enough to need that accessory for me. But I concur with minimizing crying as much as possible 😎. I’m trying to decide if I want to install a styling bar….decisions decisions.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Well it’s 74 here today…never really cold enough to need that accessory for me. But I concur with minimizing crying as much as possible 😎. I’m trying to decide if I want to install a styling bar….decisions decisions.
As much as I like the full on convertible experience, long high speed trips can be wearing, especially with cross winds. Having the ability to have virtually zero buffeting is nice, regardless of ambient temp.

Paris MkVI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium convertible, 2015 Escape 2.0 Titanium
Vehicle Showcase
I had one for my 2006 and it made a real difference in cabin comfort. I'll likely bite the bullet and get the S550 version this year.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
I’ll be the last guy to tell you that the LoveToDrive isn’t way more expensive then it should be, but we pay $40-60k for these cars in order to have access to the top down experience. The wind screen does work and extend our ability to enjoy top down driving so not sure it’s worth getting to hung up on the cost of the thing compared to it’s benefits.
Sponsored