Sponsored

Love The Drive Wind Deflector Windier than necessary

SirLoin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Convertible
I just installed my A4 wind screen yesterday. Today I did the napkin test on my 30 mile commute to work. At 60 mph with the windows up, one corner was lifting slightly, but not enough to move the napkin. At 90 mph, there was no movement at all. I rolled the windows down around 60 mph. Within 10 seconds, the napkin hit every surface of the car, including the rear seat underneath the wind screen, then flew out.

I paid $75 for mine and it was well worth drilling holes in my beloved mustang. My only complaint will be having to remove it every morning to drive my daughter to daycare. I'd vote for a power wind screen, like the Porsche 911, before a remote controlled top.
Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have a genuine Ford wind deflector in mine - it fits the contour of the rear seat perfectly.

At 75mph with the windows up I can still hear the radio crystal clear and people I talk to on the Bluetooth can hear me normally.

https://www.ford-accessories.co.uk/comfort/comfort-products/windstop/2063486
Thanks for posting this! Wondering if this is a new offering from Ford or are they repackaging the Love the Drive product? I googled for this part state side and did not come up with anything directly from Ford...

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
It is completely different from the LoveTheDrive screen - it's made by some company in Hungary.

Unfortunately I'm out of the country at the moment, or I'd go and take some photos for you.

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, looks similar to the A4 unit that many are customizing. The only thing I am hesitant about with that unit from Ford is the pony logo right where your rear view is. I purchased the plexi-glass model from Wind Restrictor and the logo really blocks your line of sight. I think it would be cool to have a pony logo on the flat part that sits over the seats vs obstructing your view out the back....

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, looks similar to the A4 unit that many are customizing. The only thing I am hesitant about with that unit from Ford is the pony logo right where your rear view is. I purchased the plexi-glass model from Wind Restrictor and the logo really blocks your line of sight. I think it would be cool to have a pony logo on the flat part that sits over the seats vs obstructing your view out the back....
Honestly, you can't even tell where the pony logo is. It is screen printed on the material or something along those lines. You can only see it when looking from behind.

I'll take some photos when I get home in a coiplc of weeks.

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
Honestly, you can't even tell where the pony logo is. It is screen printed on the material or something along those lines. You can only see it when looking from behind.

It s the same thing as with the decorated bus you can see in town. Every windows are with adverstisements but when inside and close to them you can t see them

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks I would love to see some photos

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Here are some photos of my genuine Ford wind deflector. The fit and finish is great in my opinion and it works extremely well, even at higher speeds.

Pardon that it's a bit dirty, I need to give it a wipe down to get rid of the dust!
IMG_20181111_162039.jpg
IMG_20181111_162103.jpg
IMG_20181111_162122.jpg
IMG_20181111_162132.jpg
IMG_20181111_162112.jpg
IMG_20181111_162107.jpg
Sponsored