Sponsored

loud deceleration pops

ghost5.0

ghost5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium in Oxford White
Not sure if this is a dumb Q, but is this ok for the car's health? I have the hellion sleeper kit hooked up to a Corsa sport catback exhaust. When I downshift after acceleration it pops fairly aggressively, especially if I lightly tap the pedal a few times. After WOT if I decelerate and let the RPM's hold for a while then tap it, the sound is almost equivalent to a gunshot (I can feel the shockwave impulse on the floorboards and in my seat).

Is this....normal? I don't have cats and am running stock fuel system with JMS BAP and DW400 pump for support. 93 octane tune from PBD. I've never heard another mustang (even forced induction) sound like this.

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
My gt500 does the same thing. From what I've read it is in the tune. Its loading up with unburnt fuel then igniting. Low timing and rich under decel is in the tune.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Pretty normal without cats as far as I know. As said it can be adjusted in the tune too.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
You have unburned fuel getting pushed into the exhaust if you're hearing gunshot level popping. Yeah, check the tune. It may be doing something really strange, like cutting ignition bit not fuel on deceleration.
Sponsored