Sponsored

Loose Screw?

H00CH90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So I've dealt with this for a year now but it's always bothered me a little and I wonder if anyone else has experienced this. Ever since I got my 18 GT it sounds like a screw is sliding around on metal SOMEWHERE behind the driver. I've looked everywhere for the damn thing. It's only really noticeable when coming to a stop. It's almost like its sliding around in the body by the driver side rear. Popped out the interior panel and nothing. Anyone ever experience this?
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So I've dealt with this for a year now but it's always bothered me a little and I wonder if anyone else has experienced this. Ever since I got my 18 GT it sounds like a screw is sliding around on metal SOMEWHERE behind the driver. I've looked everywhere for the damn thing. It's only really noticeable when coming to a stop. It's almost like its sliding around in the body by the driver side rear. Popped out the interior panel and nothing. Anyone ever experience this?
Ah, we have another lost key fob thread. Try checking under the rear seats.

OP
OP

H00CH90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ah, we have another lost key fob thread. Try checking under the rear seats.
I have. Taken the seats and interior panel out when installing my BAP and looked everywhere, still nothing.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I have. Taken the seats and interior panel out when installing my BAP and looked everywhere, still nothing.
Well I was hoping lightning would strike twice. Did you hear this before you started any of your mods? Have you had your dealer take a look?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Noises can travel and where you THINK it is coming from is not always the real source. I suggest you have someone sit in the back seat so they can listen with their ear close to the source while you drive and do whatever it is to create the noise.

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Clean out your door cubby. That space is deep.

OP
OP

H00CH90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Noises can travel and where you THINK it is coming from is not always the real source. I suggest you have someone sit in the back seat so they can listen with their ear close to the source while you drive and do whatever it is to create the noise.
Yea I have, seems like it is IN the body panel. Cant find it with the interior panel off though. And yes, since day 1 I've heard it but I never thought it would be this difficult to find otherwise I'd have taken it to the dealer. Sometimes it's like this screw gets stuck for a few weeks and I never hear it, then the damn thing starts sliding again.

Clean out your door cubby. That space is deep.
Completely empty, never put anything in them.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Have you pulled the rear wheel and liner to get better access to the quarter panel?

OP
OP

H00CH90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Have you pulled the rear wheel and liner to get better access to the quarter panel?
Not yet, I wasnt too sure where I should be trying to gain access from. I guess that'll be my next attempt.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Not yet, I wasnt too sure where I should be trying to gain access from. I guess that'll be my next attempt.
Honestly I do not know how your living with it. I'd have gone insane already. Is your dealer really that bad that you would not take it in for them to look at?

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
so I replaced my tail lights with aftermarket lights. when I removed the driver side panel and light from the rear trunk area there was a loose screw in there rolling around. That compartment goes from the tail light all way past backs of the seats. Maybe you have the same thing going on there.

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
The air bags in the C-pillars are notorious for rattling-- doesn't sound like something loose sliding around sound though, just an annoying, buzzing rattle. I'm dealing with mine now.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
The air bags in the C-pillars are notorious for rattling-- doesn't sound like something loose sliding around sound though, just an annoying, buzzing rattle. I'm dealing with mine now.
My obnoxious intermittent rubbing sliding noise went away when I buckled the rear seat belts. Seems to me it was the passenger side that was most responsible.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thread sounds like fake news to me, also....

Reminds me of a sign some guys have in their game room, liquor in the front...poker in the rear :cwl:

OP
OP

H00CH90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Honestly I do not know how your living with it. I'd have gone insane already. Is your dealer really that bad that you would not take it in for them to look at?
A loud exhaust helps and it's really just when braking that I hear the thing. My local dealerships have never impressed me. I wouldnt be surprised if the car left them making more noises than when it went in.
Sponsored