Sponsored

Loose Screw?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Check the lower rear bumper cover valence. The rear valence is notorious for catching all sorts of road debris.

Go ahead and give it a shake and see what falls out to the ground....

——
Other areas to check;
1) Pull down the headliner (it’s only held up by magnets) and see if there’s anything loose or rolling around up there.

2) Pull the rear seat bottom and look under it.

3) Pull the driver side rear interior plastic and look behind it and inside any of the cavities.
Sponsored

dhillon2ar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mandeep
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
So I've dealt with this for a year now but it's always bothered me a little and I wonder if anyone else has experienced this. Ever since I got my 18 GT it sounds like a screw is sliding around on metal SOMEWHERE behind the driver. I've looked everywhere for the damn thing. It's only really noticeable when coming to a stop. It's almost like its sliding around in the body by the driver side rear. Popped out the interior panel and nothing. Anyone ever experience this?
Any update on this one? Were you able to solve the issue? I have the same noise coming from driver side door panel. Sounds like a screw that slides towards the back under hard acceleration, and towards the front under braking. Just got a 2020 Mustang GT last week, and it is annoying. Please reply.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Any update on this one? Were you able to solve the issue? I have the same noise coming from driver side door panel. Sounds like a screw that slides towards the back under hard acceleration, and towards the front under braking. Just got a 2020 Mustang GT last week, and it is annoying. Please reply.
Unlikely. Poster hasn't been around the forum since December 2021.

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
I think you’re in the correct area— the door panel bin- I had some loose items in there thinking that bin only went in about half way up to the indent. Well, that bin goes all the way to the door edge and to get to the end where my items ended up, you need a very skinny arm a foot long To reach up there. I don’t know if that is what your experienc is but the sliding noise was driving me bat crazy.

dhillon2ar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mandeep
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
I think you’re in the correct area— the door panel bin- I had some loose items in there thinking that bin only went in about half way up to the indent. Well, that bin goes all the way to the door edge and to get to the end where my items ended up, you need a very skinny arm a foot long To reach up there. I don’t know if that is what your experienc is but the sliding noise was driving me bat crazy.
I checked the pocket, and you're right about the skinny pocket. It also have a hole at the very end that probably goes into the door panel. I guess the only option that remains is to open the door panel. Thanks.
Sponsored