Sponsored

Loose 12V Power Outlet

munizfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys!

So, yesterday I noticed that my 12v power outlet (the one in front of the shifter) is kind of loose. As you can see in the video, it rotates a bit, and can be moved a little to the front, up, down and to the sides. Is this something as easy to fix as just removing the trim and tightening some screw/nut; or is the part broken and would need to be replaced again in order to be tight once more? I know for most people it's not a big deal, but I currently have my phone mount in there (just a mount, does not use power), and I really really really don't like AC vent mounts nor windshield mounts.

Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
munizfire

munizfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Just noticed the link doesn't play, unless you hit the square with the arrow on the top right corner of the video preview window. Wooops

Seeing how much criticism I took on the facebook page (although some was well deserved), I'm now looking for different mounting options for my phone; but still would like to get this fixed because OCD.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
You'll have to remove the head unit to see if one of the tabs which hold it in are broken. If not, you can apply some felt to make the fitment better.
Sponsored