OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I am having the tru x installed today. I picked up my car last Friday night after header install, and no joke i felt like I was driving a NASCAR home. It truly was stupid loud with the x pipe and Roush AB.
How big of a difference was it adding the headers?
Sponsored

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
How big of a difference was it adding the headers?
It was a big difference. I didn’t want to drive my car. To each their own though, some guys like it crazy loud like that.

The true x will be a little louder after break in, and that should make it perfect. I’m loving this set up.

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
It was a big difference. I didn’t want to drive my car. To each their own though, some guys like it crazy loud like that.

The true x will be a little louder after break in, and that should make it perfect. I’m loving this set up.
Hmmm I was hoping it wasn’t tooo crazy. I wanted to get the headers on regardless for the power and such but I may have to change out the AB then. Did the resonated mid pipe bring it down though back to around pre header level? Might be another choice for myself to swap out my H pipe instead.

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Headers will make your axle backs extremely loud thru an X or H pipe.
If you need to tone it down try magna-flows resonated tru-X from CJpony.
I have borla s-type AB's and before removing the H pipe it was stupid loud and I have the race cats too. The magna flow really makes a big difference, you only hear it when you put your foot in it.
Yeah that might be something I’ll look into if it is insanely loud. I’ve had my set up for over 3 years now without any issues or complaints so I’ll have to see where it’s at after the headers are on.

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
Hmmm I was hoping it wasn’t tooo crazy. I wanted to get the headers on regardless for the power and such but I may have to change out the AB then. Did the resonated mid pipe bring it down though back to around pre header level? Might be another choice for myself to swap out my H pipe instead.
It’s quieter than before I put headers on. It’s a substantial reduction in volume and rasp.

Sponsored

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(No longer have this lemon, 2020 on its way) 2018 magnetic gt
Whatever you do, don't put LTs and the Roush Axle-back exhaust together. My ears lol.
ARH catted/mrt h-pipe/roush ab's here and love it. Great way to bring distracted drivers back to attention on the freeway with a little drop a gear and disappear haha

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'm running a Solo II Thunder, sounds unbelievable, seriously, the best sounding exhaust I've heard/owned.

The slick thing is the center resonator section is modular, this is the mid-volume option, so if with headers it gets too loud I can swap it out for the "touring" center section from the Mach XV which (from what I hear) greatly reduces the loudness).

FYI, they also make a non-resonated center section :D

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

j_marinelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
FYI, that's 8 people with interest, setup a sheet for people to review (determined your MY from your avatar text):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1773q9oXhLyRikvu9JX4bW53-kvkfgUoJBC31J9jmYqo/edit?usp=sharing

Figured I'd determine the number of CATS vs. OR interest, they also have a full length 3" setup including X-pipe, but I figured everyone was just a header kit.

Again, I have no affiliation or anything, just an interested buyer - if we get over 10, I'll hit them up again.
CATS here. That being said is it hiflo metallic CATS or resonators placed to look like CATS? I had the resonator in place of CATS in my 135i and loved it.

Sponsored

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
Interested in O/R

Stingera1a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Just installed headers and my afr bank 1 sensor 1 is showing 0.0. Bank 2 sensor 1 is working just fine. Any ideas?
Sponsored