Looking for headers

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem w/ Corsa Act Ex
I am looking to throw some headers on my 2018. Can't decide on which brand. I already have an x-pipe but I like how Texas Speed comes with an xpipe. If I jump in on this buy, what would be the price of the hi flow long tubes w/ xpipe?

If i get it ill take the xpipe i have on the car and donate it to some poor soul who is still haunted by the resonator under their car.
Sponsored

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Yeah my current set up is the TSP catless headers, MRT h pipe and R abs. I had the abs and h pipe for about 3 years but I am really surprised at how much more sound the headers are producing. It sounds good at points but there is terrible drone at 2k rpm and overall it doesnā€™t sound good and too loud even for me. Stinky too :D

I think for myself the headers are super loud as my setup was already loud to begin with. I ordered the magnaflow resonator and will have it on Friday hopefully. My plan was to build my exhaust around the headers but I wanted to see where my current combo was at. I wouldnā€™t recommend it as is.

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Otherwise the headers fit well the shop I used doesnā€™t like to install poor fitting ones so it seemed good. Not bad for $700 at all.

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
Give the resonator about 1,000 miles to break in. I thought my car was too quiet at first, but now it really is just right.

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone done the group buy yet? I may be interested depending on the price.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Put together another email, added the folks from the spreadsheet (added a couple of few people), I'll update when I hear back.

Hopeful this time, I saw the last contact I had for a GP (that didn't happen) was almost right at a year ago (the email was dated April 28, 2017)

*fingers crossed*

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Give the resonator about 1,000 miles to break in. I thought my car was too quiet at first, but now it really is just right.
Haha I at this point Iā€™ll take anything I can get the car is honestly indrivable with my current set up. But hopefully Iā€™ll get the x pipe on Friday morning I think it will get what I am looking for with that.

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Haha I at this point Iā€™ll take anything I can get the car is honestly indrivable with my current set up. But hopefully Iā€™ll get the x pipe on Friday morning I think it will get what I am looking for with that.
You went full catless??? Man you never go full catless.... everybody know you never go full catless :eyebulge:

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
You went full catless??? Man you never go full catless.... everybody know you never go full catless :eyebulge:
Yeah itā€™s brutal lol

The fumes are really bad too much worse than I expected. Iā€™ll prob have to look into adding cats again.....

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I think I might have an exhaust leak as well since as soon as I come to a stop I can smell it almost immediately. Is that normal for anyone else not running cats? From what I have read quite a few people have gutted them or deleted them and doesn't seem to be this bad.

Sponsored

Tgranber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'd like to ask a question that I can't seem to find the answer to....

Why are TSP so much cheaper than ARH or Stainless or Corsa?

Also I have the Corsa Sport catback. Will TSP mount up as true 3inch?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Hello!

I am sorry, at this time with supply and demand we are unable to offer group pricing with these exhaust systems. Once the demand goes down and we are able to retain some more stock we will consider it then.

I wish the best.

Thanks,
Jordan G Schafer
OK, I guess that ends that ... :(

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I'd like to ask a question that I can't seem to find the answer to....

Why are TSP so much cheaper than ARH or Stainless or Corsa?

Also I have the Corsa Sport catback. Will TSP mount up as true 3inch?
They say they sell at a reasonable price. The place that installed my headers are picky about which ones they install and they seemed to have no issues with the TSP headers.

I also installed the magnaflow tru x pipe today. I don't know how it is possible but my car is much quieter than even just my Roush ab and h pipe combo on top of the catless headers. Must be voodoo magic. Now it has a deep sound that I was looking for. Thanks for the suggestions friends.

Bowen_Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Stang8psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
OK, I guess that ends that ... :(
I could've told you that. AS stated a few pages ago, I work for a company that is a tier 3 vendor for TSP (the lowest discounts given from them for vendors) and they Literally have very very little markup on the Mustang headers.
Sponsored