zxch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Sup y'all

I recently picked up a 2022 gt and I'm looking for a loud, deep, and aggressive exhaust tone that minimizes rasp as much as possible. I plan on going boosted in the future so I'll most likely go catless. So far, I've looked at the steeda h pipe + roush axle back combo, borla atak catback, and mbrp street catback but its hard to tell which one will fit my needs best, because I can't find audio examples of those systems paired with catless headers. I also have active exhaust on my car and I don't mind running a setup that doesn't support it.

Thanks so much
Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
LTH brand headers with AWE Touring Catback. Ask me how I know.

TeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Long Tube Headers with Borla 3 inch (H Pipe Resonator) & 3 inch ATAK system is the goods - Without the resonator it will be INSANELY loud!

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
LTH brand headers with AWE Touring Catback. Ask me how I know.
This right here is a great suggestion. The AWE comes with a resonated H pipe to give it a bit lower tone but their mufflers are anti drone. You do have to be conscious of deeper sounding setups as they will drone. Example would be the MF Comp.

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
You need a "touring" muffler and a resonator in the mid section. So a touring cat back should do the trick.

My friend runs catless headers, no resonators and borla touring mufflers. Its still very raspy and loud.

On a side note I would stay away form catless setup as it will smell. High flow cats on headers still produce the same power gains and awesome sound. I have done both.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
xforce varex variable is so amazing. Ive tried alot of setups and this is by far the best. Quiet cold starts but insanely loud with the valves open. Dont go WOT with the valves closed though it has too much backpressure. Make sure you go full 3" if you are going boosted.

Last edited:

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5

XakwardX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt magnetic grey
I have the mbrp street catback with lth. I like it a lot sounds great to me. if I had to do it all over again I would do awe touring with my lth

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
OP
OP
zxch

zxch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Seems like the awe touring will be perfect for me. Deep tone, louder than stock, and the headers will definitely wake it up quite a bit more.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Seems like the awe touring will be perfect for me. Deep tone, louder than stock, and the headers will definitely wake it up quite a bit more.
Louder than stock 😄? It's much louder than a touring designation normally but sounds great even with long tubes. Tone on the original catback is a bit lower with the resonated H too. I only have the AWE rear section as I originally had Corsa Xtremes but mated to the Corsa double x on long tubes I would say the AWE Touring is actually louder than the original full Corsa setup.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Steeda did a video comparing the stock Mach 1 exhaust to their H-Pipe. In sport mode on the stock setup they recorded dB readings has high as 95. So even a stock system could get a ticket? That's nuts.
Sponsored