Sponsored

Looking for an R <=$10K ADM

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
This is something that i dont understand, regarding how ford allocates these things. If i was running the show i would be sending cars to sold orders rather than dealer showrooms.
It's been pretty long known it's based on Mustang sales. Ie. say a dealer sold 120 Mustangs the prior year, they'd get one GT350 allocation. 240 mustangs 2 allocations. Just an example, I have no clue what the thresholds are. The Rs were allegedly allocated based on 350 sales; so dealers who sold 2 350s would get 1 R allocation to order (again no idea the thresholds).

The idea of allocations was that higher volume dealerships would need/sell more 350s. And it would spread the stock out across the country, not concentrated in a few areas. And so they wouldn't sit in showrooms in say middle of say podunk Oklahoma population 5,000 with average income $50k/year or be sending an R there to sit where no one could afford it.

Im not sure it's working beyond theory though, due to ADM and dealers buying them from other dealers, but that was the theory behind it.

But remember Ford as a corporation simply doesn't care at the end of the day. When the dealership orders it the dealership fronts the $ to Ford, so Ford is paid. Ford isn't shipping cards on IOUs. So Ford doesnt care at the end of the day if the car sits on the lot of 13 months with a $15k ADM, they already made their money.
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Unless Ford decides the number of vehicles ahead of time to produce and doesn't factor in sales at all I don't see how ford can not care.

Further more if ADM deflates demand it might impact future product decisions.

It's been pretty long known it's based on Mustang sales. Ie. say a dealer sold 120 Mustangs the prior year, they'd get one GT350 allocation. 240 mustangs 2 allocations. Just an example, I have no clue what the thresholds are. The Rs were allegedly allocated based on 350 sales; so dealers who sold 2 350s would get 1 R allocation to order (again no idea the thresholds).

The idea of allocations was that higher volume dealerships would need/sell more 350s. And it would spread the stock out across the country, not concentrated in a few areas. And so they wouldn't sit in showrooms in say middle of say podunk Oklahoma population 5,000 with average income $50k/year or be sending an R there to sit where no one could afford it.

Im not sure it's working beyond theory though, due to ADM and dealers buying them from other dealers, but that was the theory behind it.

But remember Ford as a corporation simply doesn't care at the end of the day. When the dealership orders it the dealership fronts the $ to Ford, so Ford is paid. Ford isn't shipping cards on IOUs. So Ford doesnt care at the end of the day if the car sits on the lot of 13 months with a $15k ADM, they already made their money.

Last edited:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis

I'm not wondering about how they get the allocation, its the order they distribute them is what is perplexing.
One of my dealers are top 20 in sales in the country. Knew allocation, 2 weeks before banks opened. Had order in right when banks opened. Going on 4 months from order and their rep still doesnt know build quarter. WHEN we were told that our dealer should know this. Well... they don't. Their reps dont... and the reps of their reps don't.
There must be no rhyme or reason as to a schedule... must be what dealer does cartwheels for the reps rep when they are visiting the dealership ;)

Last edited:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I heard the same, even recently...it's not all based on just Mustang and/or previous GT350 sales. It can also be based on sales of other Ford units/models. Other metrics are involved from what I have been told. If the dealer meets or surpasses it, then it's a higher chance in getting an extra allocation or so.

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
My dealer said Mustang sales had nothing to do with allocations. :shrug:
I heard the same, even recently...it's not all based on just Mustang and/or previous GT350 sales. It can also be based on sales of other Ford units/models. Other metrics are involved from what I have been told. If the dealer meets or surpasses it, then it's a higher chance in getting an extra allocation or so.
My dealer mentioned something about selling enough Transits to get allocations. So who knows, I'm guessing it is whatever model Ford wants to push out the door changes and so does the way special cars are allocated.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
That is how it works with the FCA... You would get Hellcat and Viper allocations based on total sales.

They eventually wised up and required them to sell only to registered buyers to OR would not allow additional allocations until the unit sold.

There are ways around this also...

theman1990

1 arm, 4 cars, 0 autos
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech, GT350R
The sales manager where I bought my yellow tech from said he was "rewarded" with two allocations b/c he claims they brought him in to "turn the flagging sales around."

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
My dealer mentioned something about selling enough Transits to get allocations. So who knows, I'm guessing it is whatever model Ford wants to push out the door changes and so does the way special cars are allocated.
Transits! That's it... what a coincidence. One of the sales person said the same just a week or so ago... if they sell enough number of Transits then they may get one or two more allocations of either a GT350 or RS.

This is another reason why they add on a markup... basic principles of supply vs. demand.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Transits! That's it... what a coincidence. One of the sales person said the same just a week or so ago... if they sell enough number of Transits then they may get one or two more allocations of either a GT350 or RS.

This is another reason why they add on a markup... basic principles of supply vs. demand.
I thought it was weird, but didn't ask any questions about it. It was Saturday night at 630 and we were there after closing finishing the deal. I was looking forward to getting out of the finance office and on the road with the car!

Sponsored

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Bump it up... still looking for and R. Top color choices listed.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Avalanche grey with white stripes
Grabber blue with white stripes
Yellow with black stripes

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I wish you the best of luck trying to get an R for under 10k ADM. My dealer wanted that for a regular GT350. I could not get them to come down but they paid me what I paid for my 2016 (only had 800 miles on it) and threw in the extended warranty, gap insurance and tire and wheel protection. I don't have money to burn but I also don't have the time to call 50 dealers and I got instant gratification. Came in for an oil change on my 16 and drove out in a GT350 about 3 hours later.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
I know it is possible... but it will be difficult. I'm willing to take a used GT350 R. So if anyone has any leads on used R's, let me know.

I plan to drive the car, not resell it.

abcut973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63 AMG Black Series, ML350 Bluetech
I know it is possible... but it will be difficult. I'm willing to take a used GT350 R. So if anyone has any leads on used R's, let me know.

I plan to drive the car, not resell it.
Everyone of us wants one to drive it!
Used R are still demanding premium....

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yes, the ones selling on used markets (very few) have went over 15k.
Sponsored