Sponsored

Looking for an R <=$10K ADM

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Not for me, but my brother now has the bug. He's got a Hellcat Challenger and just sold his SRT Viper. He can get into a '14 TA 1.0 for $80K, but is now looking for something different. Would prefer an Electronic pack car, color not an issue as is location. I have a lead on a '17 allocation that's supposed to be at the dealer in Sept but they are being shady with the deal. PM me if any of you have a lead. Thanks!
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Good luck to you guys. <$10K ADM for an R is a unicorn at this point. $15k ADM will better your chances greatly

OP
OP
Kurac

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Good luck to you guys. <$10K ADM for an R is a unicorn at this point. $15k ADM will better your chances greatly
Less than OR equal to $10K. A little more than that may not be out of the question for the right color combo.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Less than OR equal to $10K. A little more than that may not be out of the question for the right color combo.
No, not really. Even though I have an R on order, I'm still feeling out the market. typical is 20K, some 15, and a rarity at 10. Standard 350s are a totally different game, and yes, you can find them sub 10 all day long. '16 Techs are common these days near MSRP.

Good luck, plan on spending 10K plus, more like 15 to 20 for an R

theman1990

1 arm, 4 cars, 0 autos
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech, GT350R
Yea I'd say good luck at the number.... I got mine for just over 80k after a lotta searching. Use the ford dealer inventory website and search 100 mile radius through out the US.... I found the deep south tended to have the better deals but fewer cars.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kurac

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
We are doing our own internet and phone search as well. Never hurts to go multiple routes and ask for forum assistance. Unfortunately, my brother isn't very patient and may give up the search fairly early and just get another Viper. I'd really like him to sample the 350 as I really like these cars. There isn't another car under $100K that I'd rather have at this point. And I'm coming from Vettes.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
We are doing our own internet and phone search as well. Never hurts to go multiple routes and ask for forum assistance. Unfortunately, my brother isn't very patient and may give up the search fairly early and just get another Viper. I'd really like him to sample the 350 as I really like these cars. There isn't another car under $100K that I'd rather have at this point. And I'm coming from Vettes.
Thats too bad. The limited availability of the GT350, especially an R, really weeds out the people who want the car badly or not. Unless youve got money to burn, patience and persistence is key.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
With all due respect is your brother really a GT350R enthusiast or he just wants another new HP automobile to drive?

I suggest that your and his goal can be met but only with some patience and if he is not patient and expects to purchase a 2017 R model at $10K or less in a short period of time I suggest he move on to another Viper.

Patience and hard work is the key to obtaining one of these outstanding vehicles unless he wants to come up with $20K to $25K for an ADM then I suggest he will be able to act somewhat more quickly.

I have not driven a Viper but did go for a ride in a 950 HP Black Hellcat Charger yesterday and what a ride that was. Unfortunately it is still a Dodge and IMO these Dodge's are not close to the same level as these new GT350/GT350R's.

Hopefully your brother will be patient and I can tell you without hesitation the wait will be worth it!!

:cheers:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
There are a few forum members here still looking for 10k or less and have been for months, so I feel the need to help them first.
I suppose if you call a mega amount of dealers you may find one for 10k+. Then you gotta jump thru hoops to know if they ACTUALLY have an allocation for an R. MANY have ordered an R thru dealers that CLAIM to have an allocation but only find out after months of waiting that it wasn't an R allocation, but a 350 non R.
If he wants a car now, i suggest getting the dodge and waiting on the R in the used market.

OP
OP
Kurac

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Thanks Machsmith.
I wouldn't say that he's that much of a Mustang enthusiast as this would be his first....but then again, my Track Pack was my first Stang. He just feels that over $10K ADM, a slightly used Gen V Viper is a better performance car. He's done well buying performance cars and once he sells, he hasn't lost much investment and in most cases has come ahead. His last Viper he sold he made $3k over what he had into it. We think the R market should be strong for quite some time. So that appeals to him as well. I would have him just get a Track Pack car or a '17, but he's got the means to buy an R even at over $10K ADM. Patience is key which I know and it is how I found my Track Pack car last April for MSRP.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks Machsmith.
I wouldn't say that he's that much of a Mustang enthusiast as this would be his first....but then again, my Track Pack was my first Stang. He just feels that over $10K ADM, a slightly used Gen V Viper is a better performance car. He's done well buying performance cars and once he sells, he hasn't lost much investment and in most cases has come ahead. His last Viper he sold he made $3k over what he had into it. We think the R market should be strong for quite some time. So that appeals to him as well. I would have him just get a Track Pack car or a '17, but he's got the means to buy an R even at over $10K ADM. Patience is key which I know and it is how I found my Track Pack car last April for MSRP.
Understand that 10K over is not impossible, and yes, the investment side of it is more sound at that price point. I found one at 10K (I call it 9K because another stipulation was the waiver of the 900 dealer fee). My point is, which is in concurrence with the consensus around here, is that instant gratification will cost you money and put you in the 20K ADM (or more) price point.

My gut is that if you desperately want an R (and you don't want to or can't pay that kind of ADM), wait till all this hype is over. That could come in the form of a new GT500, a bigger and better Camaro, who knows. My point is that supply and demand is working against you. When the people who want the next greatest thing are no longer in love with their 1000 mile R sitting under cover in their garage, it will be sold. That was going to be my plan of attack because I sure as hell wasn't going to pay a 20K ADM. I tried to work it to lower than 10K, but that wasn't going to happen.

So call every dealer in every major city. Use the ford inventory tool and the online zip code map and already have a number that you can live with. You can try to negotiate, but these people already know what they have, and like you, already have a number in their head too.

Using that method, I found a few (and I mean a few) that were sub 20K. You can wade through my posts and find the list that I published, but that was a while ago and would not be good current information.

Good luck!

abcut973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63 AMG Black Series, ML350 Bluetech
Currently $10k ADM is a dream. It seems the hype has grown a little more lately with 2016 production done and 2017 not yet delivered at least for non VIP customers which they can't sell theirs because they have an agreement with Ford for 36 months if i'm not wrong. Dealerships/private sellers are now asking a lot compared to 2 months ago. Members who managed to order one at $10k ADM are not even guaranteed to have it at that price once the car is delivered. A perfect example is [MENTION=23678]Grunholle[/MENTION]'s thread.
So if you do find one at $10k make sure you have it in writing as a contingency in your deal. Otherwise as others mentioned be patient and wait for the tide to go down in a year or so. GL

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I'm a lucky, lucky bastard at $4K over. They're my dealer for life.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
A Viper is not just another Dodge, Chrysler, FCA, etc.... they are hand built with meticulous attention and the paint quality & finish is simply stunning. An ACR would be my ideal Viper and it's a good alternative to the GT350/R. Obviously a big price delta once you step up to the higher Viper versions.

Personally I'd get a GT350/R first since it's a great bang for the buck and even with a moderate ADM on an R I think it's worth the risk.... and a no-brainer if you will keep it long-term.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)