OP
OP
Stoked

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
Option 1. Invest some into the car and see if it continues to reward you with enjoyment until you spend more money. God know's what happens in 3 years so just enjoy what you have but personalize the power like you want to do.
This is cusp I am on, tbh...The tune/intake option is relatively cheap and the gains look nice. Even if I went to FI at a later date the tune/tuner would still be used (reconfigured), so I guess only the intake wouldn't be needed. Thats a relatively small investment in the long run...
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I realize this isn't on your list but I would use the money to go to the track a few times and then on consumables. Think about that and then decide does more track time sound really great or do you prefer to have more streetable type of power in your car? Even with a blower in your car you will still have the gearing setup more for the road course rather than 0-60 blasts on the street.

Another option you didn't mention is a Hellcat or ZL1. Have you driven them? If you have money burning a hole in your pocket and you want to spend some now, those are two options that will give you more streetable power. You could buy one of those and drive it while you wait for the GT500/whatever Ford names it.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
No offense intended but it doesn't seem like your very attached to your current ride. If your thinking of moving on to the latest and greatest, why no just sit on it until it's available? Keep your Tech stock to make the sell/trade-in simpler, limit your money and effort into it. Enjoy it as is. Good luck :cheers:

OP
OP
Stoked

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I realize this isn't on your list but I would use the money to go to the track a few times and then on consumables. Think about that and then decide does more track time sound really great or do you prefer to have more streetable type of power in your car? Even with a blower in your car you will still have the gearing setup more for the road course rather than 0-60 blasts on the street.

Another option you didn't mention is a Hellcat or ZL1. Have you driven them? If you have money burning a hole in your pocket and you want to spend some now, those are two options that will give you more streetable power. You could buy one of those and drive it while you wait for the GT500/whatever Ford names it.
I haven't done a HPDE with the 350 yet, this is true, but I think I know enough about what to expect to know I'd enjoy it. I'm not looking to turn the car into a street demon either, that isn't what this car was made for. An empty highway pull here, or there is all I'm really interested in, at least until I can get it out somewhere safe to really push it, I don't think the car needs much more power in that regard, which is why I'm not talking about twin turbos or pushing more than 6 or 7 pounds of boost...The last thing I want to do is add so much power to upset the balance of the car and what it was made to do. So I guess you could say I'd like a bit of both vs one over the other.

No fat cats or bow ties for me...I respect what they can do but I bleed Ford blue. If I ever left the oval it would be for something German built in Stuttgart. That's just my personal preference...

OP
OP
Stoked

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No offense intended but it doesn't seem like your very attached to your current ride. If your thinking of moving on to the latest and greatest, why no just sit on it until it's available? Keep your Tech stock to make the sell/trade-in simpler, limit your money and effort into it. Enjoy it as is. Good luck :cheers:
Not entirely.

One of my options is to keep it an add a blower. I love this car more than I expected to honestly...

But a GT500 is on my bucket list, and I've come into the realm of it being obtainable....I have to consider that....

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I gonna do the transmission and coolers and most likely call it a day with the exception of minor mods that don't effect the engine.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Not entirely.

One of my options is to keep it an add a blower. I love this car more than I expected to honestly...

But a GT500 is on my bucket list, and I've come into the realm of it being obtainable....I have to consider that....
Yeah, you really want to mod this Tech but seeing your very low chassis number makes me think you and the car would be better off keeping it stock. Just my two cents....

OP
OP
Stoked

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I mod it to the point of adding a blower, I'll keep it. A tune/intake and the coolers I don't view as extensive or anything detrimental to the value, in fact those coolers are pretty much required by the opinions of most, are they not?

As for resale value, even with the low chassis number that wouldn't be realized for some time to come, perhaps 20 or 30 years from now, and I certainly didn't buy this car to make the next owner happy lol...I treat all of my cars like gold, and every single one I've ever parted with I left better than when I got it, but I DO plan on enjoying this car as I have already.

OP
OP
Stoked

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would HIGHLY recommend you do this first before modding.
Do you really think a tune/intake is going to make that big of a difference?

When I say I haven't done one, I mean with this car. I've done them in the past with other cars, one pushing about 200 hp more.

As for the coolers. I'll start with the transmission scoop I already own, but see no reason not to add the others for reasons mentioned above.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Do you really think a tune/intake is going to make that big of a difference?

When I say I haven't done one, I mean with this car. I've done them in the past with other cars, one pushing about 200 hp more.
It's not really a question about skill or experience but a question about exhilaration and engagement. I should say, see how you like the car first in a high performance environment. Then make the call so you're not throwing away $1000 for nothing on a tune and intake. Again, your delta in modification level is pretty high. There's nothing wrong with that per say, just a concern in practicality. Personally I think place holder modifications if you for sure want to get to a certain level just don't make sense.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I just do not get these these types of threads.....SMH>>>:shrug:

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
It's not really a question about skill or experience but a question about exhilaration and engagement. I should say, see how you like the car first in a high performance environment. Then make the call so you're not throwing away $1000 for nothing on a tune and intake. Again, your delta in modification level is pretty high. There's nothing wrong with that per say, just a concern in practicality. Personally I think place holder modifications if you for sure want to get to a certain level just don't make sense.
On track I have passed many 911's to include highly modified Corvettes. That is exhilarating!!! Nothing like getting a point by in the so called "better" vehicle.

OP
OP
Stoked

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't say I've never driven the car hard...Just not on a full-on race track ;)

True, I'm looking at a really mild upgrade to pretty much all the way (and keeping it forever) or moving into what arguably might be a higher performance car (jury's still out on what that might be of course). But what else is there? Mustangs are all about personalization, and I'll do what little tweaks I like to mine. That's a very small amount I believe, which is testimony to how much I like it as is.

I didn't buy this car to keep it 100% OEM in a plastic bubble in my garage so hopefully by the time I go to sell it, the next guy will pay top dollar.
This is not an investment car. I feel bad for whoever might be feeling that way about their 2016 GT350 Tech model. It should always carry value over normal GTs, but nothing like the Rs.

I appreciate your opinion however, thanks for chiming in!
Sponsored