Looking at Next Year Production for GT500 CFTP

Dcgtconv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500KR, 2009 GT500KR, '69Mach1 SCJ, '68 Conv
Best of luck, Darryl, I hope they all materialize and sooner rather than later.
Lol, I sure hope so, will let you know if the dealer doesnā€™t pull through with his claim and my deposit.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I would sense you know this but any dealer can take a deposit and that has no impact on how many allocations they have or might have. If Ford of Canada has already implemented their dealer allocation program for MY 2021 I have heard nothing of the sort. How was this announced or communicated to the dealer? I hope you get one as well but after seeing so many dealer promises go sour you become somewhat of a skeptic...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I would sense you know this but any dealer can take a deposit and that has no impact on how many allocations they have or might have. If Ford of Canada has already implemented their dealer allocation program for MY 2021 I have heard nothing of the sort. How was this announced or communicated to the dealer? I hope you get one as well but after seeing so many dealer promises go sour you become somewhat of a skeptic...
Its a good thing we have you here so I don't have to shoot my mouth off.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Self-deprecating humor has always been a favorite, so thanks for the lol Tom.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Self-deprecating humor has always been a favorite, so thanks for the lol Tom.
Its just my quota is full for the month. Thanks for bearing my cross until then

Dcgtconv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500KR, 2009 GT500KR, '69Mach1 SCJ, '68 Conv
I hope I havenā€™t been suckered, I will have a chat with the dealer

PRED8RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2020GT,86 coupe,91 GT, 89 Coupe, 07 R1
I pulled out of my 2020 deal after they slid in a $50k adm after a 18 month deposit.
Prior to lockdown in Ontario, a few dealers are trying to get deposits for 21 MY. Iā€™m dying laughing as Kijiji has one guy trying to unload Golden ticket car (wants his deposit back). Dealers are posting Kijiji and Auto Trader. And other guy had two allocations and wanted to dump both for a c8 after adm talks failed.

Fvk them. People are bailing and letting them sit on the lot, wait a few more months and pick them up?! Or like me Iā€™m waiting now until they are msrp or even A or X plan before September deadline. Donā€™t put a deposit on a ā€˜21. Itā€™s a grab

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good luck with that...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I pulled out of my 2020 deal after they slid in a $50k adm after a 18 month deposit.
Prior to lockdown in Ontario, a few dealers are trying to get deposits for 21 MY. Iā€™m dying laughing as Kijiji has one guy trying to unload Golden ticket car (wants his deposit back). Dealers are posting Kijiji and Auto Trader. And other guy had two allocations and wanted to dump both for a c8 after adm talks failed.

Fvk them. People are bailing and letting them sit on the lot, wait a few more months and pick them up?! Or like me Iā€™m waiting now until they are msrp or even A or X plan before September deadline. Donā€™t put a deposit on a ā€˜21. Itā€™s a grab
A or X plan doesn't even exist on the invoice.

Sponsored

PRED8RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2020GT,86 coupe,91 GT, 89 Coupe, 07 R1
For now sure. The reality is people are hurting now and a car isnā€™t on their mind. Most wont get a loan if they deferred any credit/loans. Time will tell what I get it for, but it will be MSRP or less. Iā€™m cash sale and this isnā€™t my first rodeo

503rwhp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
1992 Mustang LX Convertible, 2017 Porsche 911S
I was #1 on the list for my local dealer, Long Lewis Ford. They have received (2) allocations so far, but both were base. I passed on both. Found out the first time after driving to the dealer to pay the deposit and place the order into the system. Some of these Ford Performance dealers have no clue what they are doing so a dealer telling you "either" doesn't mean much. Mine told me that and was wrong.

Still #1 on the list and hoping for a 3rd allocation and this one with CFTP and OTT painted stripes.

Ted Wilke
'92 LX 5.0 Supercharged, 538RWHP
'20 Raptor
'17 Porsche 911S Cabriolet

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Canadian dealers were already given their respective allocation numbers for 2021? I have a hard time buying that one.

Just to add to your comments I know of a Western Canadian dealership that still has not sold one of their 2020 GT500 allocations let alone thinking of any additional allocations for the 2021 MY.

This unsold allocation can be ordered in either the 2 seat of 4 seat configuration therefore a CFTP car can still be ordered with the present scheduled build date being for late August at this point.

Based on my experience and understanding and unless things have changed dramatically all of the prior GT350R and now GT500 allocations for all Canadian SVT dealerships are done simultaneously in the Great White North within a specific allotted period time whereby the area zone reps are allowed to offer and confirm the total numbers of allocations that each SVT dealership is going to take for that MY.

Once that process is completed then Ford of Canada in Oakville reconfirms all present MY allocations/awards through the area zone for all specific regions of the country.

Last year the maximum number of GT500 allocations for each Canadian SVT dealership was 6 with a maximum of 2 CFTP or Golden Ticket cars allowed out of the 6 cars in total.

There were some exceptions to this for the 2020 MY whereby a few select SVT dealerships were allotted an additional car early in the New Year which in this case resulted in an additional allocation for either a 2 or 4 seat GT500 and a scheduled Fall delivery.

Bottom line is you are correct in that the 2021 GT500 allocations are not even close to being awarded with Ford of Canada in Oakville presently closed and even the President is working from his home.

I would really like to see the VOC's for some of these 6 confirmed allocations for the 2021 MY.:facepalm:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
The cars are very short in supply. Regardless of what is happening now there are still a lot of people that want a 500 and have the means to buy it. Cash or finance. I wish you the best of luck, but dealers will not have a hard time selling them. I'll be after one as well. I'd be more then happy to pay straight msrp. I won't pay a mark up under any circumstances, but msrp is just fine.

For now sure. The reality is people are hurting now and a car isnā€™t on their mind. Most wont get a loan if they deferred any credit/loans. Time will tell what I get it for, but it will be MSRP or less. Iā€™m cash sale and this isnā€™t my first rodeo
Sponsored