Sponsored

Looking at buying S550 - disappointed

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
The driving modes are explained in the owner's manual, page 129 I think.

Modes:

• Normal – Delivers a balancedcombination of comfort and handling.This mode provides an engaging driveexperience and a direct connection to the road without sacrificing any of the composure demanded from your vehicle.

• Sport – Engages when you shift your automatic transmission into sport (S). Sport mode increases throttle response and helps your vehicle accelerate faster, but does not change the feel of the steering or stability system.

• Sport+ – Provides a sportier steering feel and throttle response. Sport+ mode is ideal for use during more spirited driving.

• Track – Provides a performance driving experience. The engine responds directly to your inputs and takes on a more powerful tone. Track mode is for use when pure performance is desired. A performance oriented traction control mode is automatically utilized when Track drive mode is selected. In this mode, traction control intervention is reduced and tuned specifically for track usage only and is not intended for public roads. See Using Stability Control (page 119).

• Snow/Wet - Provides a confident handling driving experience during poor weather. This mode provides a confident drive experience and a direct connection to the road without sacrificing any of the composure demanded from your vehicle.
I fully understand the modes listed in the manual. What ManBearPig is claiming is sport mode in a base model doesn't do the same thing as sport mode in a premium trim. I'm trying to find any type of confirmation on this.
Sponsored

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I fully understand the modes listed in the manual. What ManBearPig is claiming is sport mode in a base model doesn't do the same thing as sport mode in a premium trim. I'm trying to find any type of confirmation on this.
Oh, gotcha. Sport mode on both cars does the same thing, but sport+ mode on the premium does a lot more things. It enables launch control, it adjusts drive by wire for better throttle response, and it puts the traction control and steering feel into sport mode.

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
Sport plus mode is available on all trims. The premium trims have a nice toggle while non-premium trims have to have their foot on brake, double tap traction control.
Ok lets get some definitions:

1) Sport Mode (shifting from D, to S)- Sport Mode increases throttle response and helps your vehicle accelerate faster, but does not change the feel of the steering or stability system. (Owner manual pg 171)

2) Advancetrac Sport Mode (double tapping traction control; base model)
Does not mention anywhere in the owners manual (pg 146-147) that it alters shift points (auto only),etc.

3) Sport Mode Plus (Selectable driving mode; premium toggle switch)

Owners Manual page 171 & per ford's video (post 137): states sport it provides a sportier steering feel,throttle response and changes shift points (auto only)
[URL=http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/jcart953/media/Sport%20Plus%20Mode_zpsyolxmf7n.jpg.html][/URL]

Last edited:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Ok lets get some definitions:

1) Sport Mode (shifting from D, to S)- Sport Mode increases throttle response and helps your vehicle accelerate faster, but does not change the feel of the steering or stability system. (Owner manual pg 171)

2) Advancetrac Sport Mode (double tapping traction control; base model)
Does not mention anywhere in the owners manual (pg 146-147) that it alters shift points (auto only),etc.

3) Sport Mode Plus (Selectable driving mode; premium toggle switch)

Owners Manual page 171 & per ford's video (post 137): states sport it provides a sportier steering feel,throttle response and changes shift points (auto only)
I've seen all that you have mentioned. I have not seen anywhere what exactly advancetrac sport-mode does.

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
I've seen all that you have mentioned. I have not seen anywhere what exactly advancetrac sport-mode does.
To me from the owners manual it seems it just turns on the stability control light so one can drift lol. No where else in the manual did i notice it.

Sponsored

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
The driving modes are explained in the owner's manual, page 129 I think.

Modes:

• Normal – Delivers a balancedcombination of comfort and handling.This mode provides an engaging driveexperience and a direct connection to the road without sacrificing any of the composure demanded from your vehicle.

• Sport – Engages when you shift your automatic transmission into sport (S). Sport mode increases throttle response and helps your vehicle accelerate faster, but does not change the feel of the steering or stability system.

• Sport+ – Provides a sportier steering feel and throttle response. Sport+ mode is ideal for use during more spirited driving.

• Track – Provides a performance driving experience. The engine responds directly to your inputs and takes on a more powerful tone. Track mode is for use when pure performance is desired. A performance oriented traction control mode is automatically utilized when Track drive mode is selected. In this mode, traction control intervention is reduced and tuned specifically for track usage only and is not intended for public roads. See Using Stability Control (page 119).

• Snow/Wet - Provides a confident handling driving experience during poor weather. This mode provides a confident drive experience and a direct connection to the road without sacrificing any of the composure demanded from your vehicle.
If I am not mistaken, there is only 4 drives modes in premium; Normal, Sport, Track and Snow/Wet. How do you access Sport+? (In a Auto GT)

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
Sport plus mode is available on all trims. The premium trims have a nice toggle while non-premium trims have to have their foot on brake, double tap traction control.

is there a sport and sport+ (not track) on an auto GT?
Sponsored