Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Did you but on clean under wear

Yes everyday : )
Usually I would take offense to a question like this- but as I can see you are from San Francisco so you are probably used to seeing people with dirty underwear and needles as well : )

Although its not funny whats happened to their- I feel bad considering the history San Francisco has with Mustangs/ Bullitt chase scene

Yes we had the Gone in 60 seconds chase scene down here in Long Beach- but nothing will ever be as good as the Bullitt chase scene - 15 green VW bugs and all
Sponsored

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
Usually I would take offense to a question like this- but as I can see you are from San Francisco so you are probably used to seeing people with dirty underwear and needles as well : )

Although its not funny whats happened to their- I feel bad considering the history San Francisco has with Mustangs/ Bullitt chase scene

Yes we had the Gone in 60 seconds chase scene down here in Long Beach- but nothing will ever be as good as the Bullitt chase scene - 15 green VW bugs and all
you forgot to mention the car bre

If they had that chase scene today they would have to weave in an out of the tents and homeless people. Not to mention the people protesting that they weren't using electric cars for the chase
We'd end up with a Leaf chasing a mach E

AAI Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 HEP
1) Did you upgrade from a Coyote/Mustang before the gt350? Yes, 2017 Mustang GT Perf Pack.
2) Do you track the car? If not, do you feel like this would be as good as a daily car as a standard GT 6speed? No yet, it is a 3rd car for us so the miles are still low. Will take it to the track some day. If you are driving through the winter in a cold climate, I don't recommend that at all. you'll need snow tires or all seasons, but the coolers on the car keep the temps way down.
3) Do you plan to keep the car for a long time? If so, did (do) you have regrets on purchasing? Yes, no regrets. I love it
4) Are you paranoid about the engine/oil consumption or is it not really as bad as some make it? Reading posts suggests to expect 1quart every 500-1000 miles. Has that been true for you? Not yet, still low miles.

Overall: so glad I upgraded, this car is a straight beast in the upper RPM range. But the sound and prestige of the car along with hopefully slow/lack of depreciation is what did it for me. GT depreciates to nothing, this will be worth something (2020 HEP....non-R). Mostly I just love driving it vs. the GT!

Ando88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350, 2020 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
1) Did you upgrade from a Coyote/Mustang before the gt350? A) No, but I previously (some years ago) owned an '88 GT (manual) and a '69 Mach 1

2) Do you track the car? If not, do you feel like this would be as good as a daily car as a standard GT 6speed? A) Before storing it for the winter, the miles were just 1,230, so the motor is just now broken in. Hope to track it next season. As a daily driver, I dunno. Mine is a toy (2nd car), but with gas being what it is, might be expensive to drive everyday. And depending on how the roads are where you live, you gotta be careful of the ground clearance.

3) Do you plan to keep the car for a long time? If so, did (do) you have regrets on purchasing? A) I do plan on keeping it. It's a wicked rush to drive, gets lot's of attention (they are kinda unique), and the sound of the VooDoo is awesome! As someone told me at a "Cars and Coffee" last summer," The GT350 is the best sounding American car made in the last 10 years."

4) Are you paranoid about the engine/oil consumption or is it not really as bad as some make it? Reading posts suggests to expect 1 quart every 500-1000 miles. Has that been true for you? A) I a have '20 (Gen 2). I checked the Air / Oil Separator at 1K miles and it was dry. I also did purchase an extended warranty / service contract from Ford. Always good to have piece of mind.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Purchased a 2018 Shadow black mustang gt last year before prices spun out of control on used cars. Car is paid off and love to cruise on the weekends. Intrigued lately by a Ruby Red Gt350 (gen 2) and potential intro and ownership into VooDoo. Just wanted thoughts and perspective from owners:

1) Did you upgrade from a Coyote/Mustang before the gt350?
2) Do you track the car? If not, do you feel like this would be as good as a daily car as a standard GT 6speed?
3) Do you plan to keep the car for a long time? If so, did (do) you have regrets on purchasing?
4) Are you paranoid about the engine/oil consumption or is it not really as bad as some make it? Reading posts suggests to expect 1quart every 500-1000 miles. Has that been true for you?

Many thanks and appreciate your thoughts.
1) yes
2) yes. I don't think GT350 is a good daily. Get a second car for that.
3) yes I do. No regrets.
4) no, not at all. I don't have that problem.

Sponsored

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
1) Yes...sold a Foxbody and an 04 Mach 1 to get the 350...funny I miss the Mach the most.
2) No I don't track the car...It's our boulevard and spirited driving cruiser. I don't see the GT350 is a good daily, but I live in a colder climate.
3) Yes, we've had it since it was born. Absolutely no regrets.
4) No, not at all, I do monitor the level and have never had an issue...

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
2) Do you track the car? If not, do you feel like this would be as good as a daily car as a standard GT 6speed?
3) Do you plan to keep the car for a long time? If so, did (do) you have regrets on purchasing?
4) Are you paranoid about the engine/oil consumption or is it not really as bad as some make it? Reading posts suggests to expect 1quart every 500-1000 miles. Has that been true for you?
1) I had a 2007 Mustang GT, a 2010 Mustang GT, and a 2011 Mustang GT (Coyote):
2011Mustanga.jpg

2) I didn't track the street cars as I raced a 1965 Mustang (cage and Hans) in vintage (see avatar).
3) No regrets and plan to keep it a long time.
4) Slight oil use but not enough to top it off between oil changes. I also cut open the used oil filter to look for metal (none so far).
P/S My battery seems to be going bad---2.4 years old. Gas mileage is around 14 Mpg.

That_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 K2284 --> L616
1) Did you upgrade from a Coyote/Mustang before the gt350? Had a 2001.

So much of an age difference it's not really an upgrade. Just another thing entirely.

Have not tracked it yet. I will eventually, but am not a 'track rat' - maybe once or twice per year when I get to it. I do not daily it but I think the car would be fine as a daily, except for the tires wearing rapidly and the fact that I'd get a bunch of speeding tickets if I drove it every day. But my other 'fun' cars don't have things like seats that fully adjust, air conditioning, or sound deadening. So my bar for 'comfort' is pretty low. I find the shelby to be super comfortable, and that's one of the things I like about it.

I have an 8Y warranty. Will keep it until then and then decide. Don't really have any regrets, but wish I could trust it.

4,500 miles in it's not using oil (2020). Been to the dealer for a few things like backup camera and front spoiler installation issues. But nothing major. But this is a 'replacement' car. The first dropped a valve or slipped the timing chain at very low miles, locking the motor up. Hence the trust issue.

OP
OP

jalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Well, I did it! 2020 GT350 in Kona Blue/carbon black stripes! Car had just over 1k miles on it and still had that new car smell. Initial impressions on my 60 mile ride home.

1) holy cow the clutch pedal is light in comparison to my S550 GT...
2) Tremec takes a lot more effort to get into gear (compared to my well worn in MT-82). Hoping it breaks in some.
3) love the magnaride and the voodoo sounds.. so much room to rev.. very addicting.
4) notice the feeling of less torque (again, S550 GT), but feels every bit as quick and a heck of a lot more grip and handling.

.. Hoping many years of fun motoring and sharing memories with my kids.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Well, I did it! 2020 GT350 in Kona Blue/carbon black stripes! Car had just over 1k miles on it and still had that new car smell. Initial impressions on my 60 mile ride home.

1) holy cow the clutch pedal is light in comparison to my S550 GT...
2) Tremec takes a lot more effort to get into gear (compared to my well worn in MT-82). Hoping it breaks in some.
3) love the magnaride and the voodoo sounds.. so much room to rev.. very addicting.
4) notice the feeling of less torque (again, S550 GT), but feels every bit as quick and a heck of a lot more grip and handling.

.. Hoping many years of fun motoring and sharing memories with my kids.
The torque thing is all gearing. The GT350 gearing is really good for road course use, but not great for gratuitous burnouts. The Voodoo makes more torque than the Coyote IIRC.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, had a 2016 GT and a 2017 GT Vert. The GT's felt front engine heavy and very large. This car is light, nimble and shrinks around you as you are driving it. Totally different experience. I wish I could have really test drove a 350 when they came out, I probably would have just make the decision right away vs going the GT route. In a way I don't regret having the other two cars as they gave me a full experience of the differences and helped me to figure out what I really wanted. This was my first sports/fun car purchase ever so I didn't know what to expect.
Yes, ... you really should because it is hard to enjoy this car for what it is designed to do if you don't take it to the track. It just wants to rev out and go. I think the GT is more suited for a daily driver. The low front splitter means you have to navigate around some areas of town.
Not sure how long I will keep it. It all depends upon whether I am getting full use out of it. I don't buy cars this expensive just to own it and store it like a match box car. No regrets so far
I went through the whole cycle of writing this car off as too much of a risk after reading all of the horror stories. In the end I wanted to experience the car and felt the risk was worth the reward. So far no issues with mine. It is a high revving race car engine .. things can happen. Planning on getting the extended warranty this winter.

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
So the 2019+ is the secure(ish) model to buy ...

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So the 2019+ is the secure(ish) model to buy ...
I think they figured some things out with the Gen2 engine on the 350, yes... but there is always a risk with any new performance car that a part will have a production defect, an engine will blow, etc..

ScarletG302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
70 Boss 302, 2017GT350
I have a 2017 GT350. After about 2000 miles I noticed increased oil consumption. I track it a lot and I also teach HPD with it and made several long trips. At about 18000 miles I took it to a local dealer. Did the oil consumption and waited for a result. Two cylinders showed pitting also some oil fowling showed.. They took the car on thursday and the following monday it was handed back to me with a brand new long block. There was apparently some issues with a group of blocks that Ford was aware of. Hasn't used a drop of oil since. Lucky for me the service manager had just bought a 20GT350 so he pushed my car threw his store fast. Keep after your dealer, especially if you bought extended warranty.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I did it! 2020 GT350 in Kona Blue/carbon black stripes! Car had just over 1k miles on it and still had that new car smell.
Need pictures. :wink:
Sponsored