Sponsored

Look what I discovered in my 22! 🤨

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
The supercharger headunit is the same but this is the FRP package. But this is a unit with calibration certified to work and be 49 state legal for MY2022.
Interesting that they get the SC to work for 22 but don’t seem to be able to be bothered with the calibration kit. It’s less money, sure but they’d sell a lot more of them and it’d be a good gateway into FP.
Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Found the carbon filter on my 22 Mach. Swapped the factory CAI tube for a 20 GT350 tube. So far not CEL of poor operation.
81674EB4-52AB-495C-ACD4-EBEC42FE16C0.jpeg
09B2A72E-16AC-4AB8-8803-92101F800BC9.jpeg

OP
OP
theslerg

theslerg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2011 California Special GT
Found the carbon filter on my 22 Mach. Swapped the factory CAI tube for a 20 GT350 tube. So far not CEL of poor operation.
81674EB4-52AB-495C-ACD4-EBEC42FE16C0.jpeg
09B2A72E-16AC-4AB8-8803-92101F800BC9.jpeg
Was an insert inside??

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
I see the official "MUSTANG GT CALIBRATION W/COLD AIR INTAKE AND THROTTLE BODY" kit for previous years, which I know most people in the past have thought was over priced and not much gain but is there something similar available for the 2022 GT? If so, you would think that just because of the restrictive parts that are being replaced and theoretically the tune that it might be worth it?
wondering this as well

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
the way these cars work is this: you get the power for the available air.

i bet ford didn't change the tunes at all, did this to the intakes, and trusted us to find it and spread the word so the EPA gets their pound of flesh and the consumer doesn't lose anything.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger

i bet ford didn't change the tunes at all, did this to the intakes, and trusted us to find it and spread the word so the EPA gets their pound of flesh and the consumer doesn't lose anything.
No no. We lost the 10 hp cause we are down to 11:1 compression. 🤣🤣🤣

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT

I hope so

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
can someone do a detailed video showing how to remove it? :)

OP
OP
theslerg

theslerg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2011 California Special GT
can someone do a detailed video showing how to remove it? :)
I used a drill bit to cut into the small dots just enough for them to break the bond. Used a razor blade to cut the 8 melted in dots and pulled slightly. Was about a 6min job

20220815_190902.jpg

5doorsoffury

Threads
Reaction score
a forsaken branch of the wavefunction called ny,
First Name
this guy
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
So after reading 13 pages this is my take on this issue from the tuning standpoint...(when i get my car i will do testing) from what i remembered when i used to tune is that this is a maf car and as such the diameter of the maf housing is set in stone in the tune. If it was a map car this would be a moot point.

First the maf sensor is velocity based so by changing the housing size you are essentially changing a CONSTANT not a variable in the ECU's Math and maybe trip up the ecu a litttttttle( only 1 or 2 % iirc). It handles this with fuel Trims since it's only a small % increase most will never give any fu*ks about it TBH.

The maf sensors critical area is a few inches before and after the sensor that sticks out. The total mass air calculation works by taking the velocity of the air (MAF SENSOR) and using that info to look up in the "maf tables" corresponding info for how much air is coming into the engine in Grams Per Second, (G/S) and then that data is used to calculate fuel ratios etc......

So now you take the insert out and didn't tell the ecu it has a bigger housing so now all the calculations are off. As the total volume of air goes up(while the motor is ingesting air at a constant rate) that velocity will decrease as a % of the housing diameter increase.

That lower velocity will register as a less air coming in according to the maf sensor. then less fuel is commanded so you go a bit lean and STFT jump in as they always do and throw some fuel at it and if it works it ships the trim values it was using out to the LTFT so they can do the heavy lifting going forward and the STFT can return as close to 0 as possible in closed loop fueling.

As for the grid... cut that out... that is a air straightener. people used to run them on large intakes that had driveability issues do to air behavior and the walls of the tube. This application they serve no purpose.

Fu*k the carbon filter.

P.S. When someone makes a NO TUNE REQUIRED intake for a car they copy the oem maf diameter so if you put on a 2018+ intake it will be based on the 2018-2021 maf diameter and will be off just as much as removing that insert lol so you cant get away with just putting on a aftermarket intake and calling that 10hp returned...
that's just my 2 cents!