Sponsored

Look what I discovered in my 22! 🤨

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
There aren't a lot of '22s out there. I ordered mine in March and I'm still waiting. I can't imagine production numbers will be that high.
Yeah I’ve been wondering about 22 production compared to other years myself. This is why I’ve said before it really doesn’t make sense for them to even have a 23.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Roush and FRP both have replacement warranties that step in for your factory one. The problem is '22 compatibility, with a different base tune these canned tunes are not likely to work and their CARB certification is not applicable if you need that. Many items are listing '22 compatibility but I question whether or not it has been tested
I think you’re spot on here. With ‘22 availability being what it is, I bet a lot of the aftermarket manufacturers just assume if it works for ‘18-‘21 that it should work for ‘22 and list it as such. From a fitment standpoint that’s probably true but as other have said, the stock tune for ‘22 is different enough to possibly not work properly with some of these aftermarket products.

merlin803

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
clay
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 P0004
I think you’re spot on here. With ‘22 availability being what it is, I bet a lot of the aftermarket manufacturers just assume if it works for ‘18-‘21 that it should work for ‘22 and list it as such. From a fitment standpoint that’s probably true but as other have said, the stock tune for ‘22 is different enough to possibly not work properly with some of these aftermarket products.
Anyone know if we have any Roush reps on the forum that might be able to comment?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Anyone know if we have any Roush reps on the forum that might be able to comment?
Not sure. Would be good to hear from them to see what kind of testing they were able to do on a ‘22 and what they found in the base tune.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has occurred to me before that we 22 owners may somewhat be orphans when it comes to many aftermarket items. This may be best illustrated by the fact that even FP looks like they aren’t going to offer the “calibration package” for the 22s. Even Injen CAI kits won’t fly with 22s.

Although I think Roush has finally worked out one or more of their FI packages to work with 22s. Not sure about other FI manufacturers.

Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
We can hang out with the other orphans that bought 2010 Mustangs.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It has occurred to me before that we 22 owners may somewhat be orphans when it comes to many aftermarket items. This may be best illustrated by the fact that even FP looks like they aren’t going to offer the “calibration package” for the 22s. Even Injen CAI kits won’t fly with 22s.

Although I think Roush has finally worked out one or more of their FI packages to work with 22s. Not sure about other FI manufacturers.
Yeah we’re most likely to be left out on some things, as will the ‘23 folks too. I would expect Roush to have something for the ‘22 given that they collaborate with Ford. Hard to say with some of the others though. I have mostly cosmetic mods lined up for mine right now and will start looking at FI options closer to the end of the warranty period.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
We can hang out with the other orphans that bought 2010 Mustangs.
I feel for the ‘23 folks. They won’t even have a full color palette to choose from, assuming the thread that talks about 2023 color options is indeed correct.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel for the ‘23 folks. They won’t even have a full color palette to choose from, assuming the thread that talks about 2023 color options is indeed correct.
Which assumes that there isn’t a last minute cancellation on the whole 23 MY to start with.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Not sure. Would be good to hear from them to see what kind of testing they were able to do on a ‘22 and what they found in the base tune.
I am pretty sure Roush is doing their homework, they need to run a business. When at Steeda I asked one of the reps how they are planning for the "electric area". They are in full swing already.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I am pretty sure Roush is doing their homework, they need to run a business. When at Steeda I asked one of the reps how they are planning for the "electric area". They are in full swing already.
Oh no doubt. I just wonder if some of the other guys are just saying it’s not worth the R&D for one year (or 1.5 if you include ‘23). Seems that even FP is foregoing the ‘22’s.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger