GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Well we were not done with the car but the customer wanted his car back for an event this past sunday and we kept telling him it was not ready to be picked up that he should just come down so we could make sure the gas pedal was where he wanted it since that was one of the concerns for the customer, so he drove it and we made changes and he kept pushing to get his car back just for the event sunday even though we were not done with the tune and we told him the car was still not ready, we let him take the car and he was supposed to have it back here monday so we could finish tuning and he never brought it back, so of course the tune is off if we were not done with it and the customer knew all of this when he took it and still pushed for the car back anyways knowing that it was going to have issues. We are more than willing to get that car in here and finish our work on it like it was originally planned.
This is mostly correct.
I left stating that I might not be able to return Monday as I had to go back home to where I live in the U.P. On Friday morning on the way to a car show/meet at Ford engineering dept, I emailed my salesman on the way how terrible the car ran. Then upon leaving at 1:04 I sent another email stating the car was acting very weird possibly spark knocking. Then I sent another email explaining the issues and that I did not want to take the car back there again and that I could not understand how the car could possibly leave there like this. My salesman said the tuner would get back with me. He did not on Friday. So, Friday evening I decided to contact another local experienced tuner who said he would look at it Saturday morning. I never went to Mustang Memories because of my concern about the engine. The fellow who looked at it Saturday AM said it had serious issues which I have already described. I asked him if I'm better off to leave it or go to MM. He said that you are better off not driving the car at all.
I missed really all summer with these LMS issues. As I have said a dozen times I cannot understand how anyone driving my car can't immediately see the issue as several friends and this tuner saw right away. Then LMS tuner called Monday really wanting me to come back in with the car to try and fix the issue as I was driving my Explorer back up north. I have never wanted to complain or hurt LMS, just wanted my car back. But, after this last episode I am concerned for this engine and maybe another excuse. I am convinced the orig LMS tune destroyed the engine. Not deliberately, and they are in denial that they did it, but I have to chalk this entire story up to my own foolishness of taking the car back after the first event. I have received several PMs from others that had drivability issues as well.
Sponsored

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Well we were not done with the car but the customer wanted his car back for an event this past sunday and we kept telling him it was not ready to be picked up that he should just come down so we could make sure the gas pedal was where he wanted it since that was one of the concerns for the customer, so he drove it and we made changes and he kept pushing to get his car back just for the event sunday even though we were not done with the tune and we told him the car was still not ready, we let him take the car and he was supposed to have it back here monday so we could finish tuning and he never brought it back, so of course the tune is off if we were not done with it and the customer knew all of this when he took it and still pushed for the car back anyways knowing that it was going to have issues. We are more than willing to get that car in here and finish our work on it like it was originally planned.
So you allowed a supercharged car that was not tuned properly to leave you business. You should be ashamed and give the man his money back you guys f ucked this up big time. Glad I got rid of your s hit tune

Last edited:

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I had their NA tune before the blower and it was very good. So, I do not understand the problem. Perhaps their tuner left?
Bro you need to spend 600 bucks and go to Lund or palm beach. Not another local tuner. Go with the best in the business for the coyote.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
I think the biggest item that we are trying to say is we are trying to get to the bottom of it and find out the root issue with the car. I know it's popular and easy to always say it's the tune, but that's not always the case. We felt it was world closer to what you were asking for in terms of how it drove, to make certain it was we wanted you to drive and evaluate it it. With it being left as do what we can, and you will bring it back Monday after the events. We both knew that there would be changes necessary based on your feedback, and our driving method vs your own. The severity of what needed to be changed couldn't be known without this feedback.

Ultimately the things you've brought to our attention (such as the back up camera and radio display issues) are pointing us down a direction of an electrical problem being the real potential cause of this. 1 thing has been clear from us the whole time, and that's to make it right as that's the type of company we are, but we have to be able to identify the actual cause. That's why we offered to pick it up if you were afraid to drive it, worked Sundays on it, and continue to look into these concerns. We even went so far as to get 3 other local cars with the same package you have and try to figure out why yours acts differently than the others we have done.

None of this is due to lack of ability, knowledge, or experience. In our opinion it shows the exact opposite as so many times people want someone to turn around problems rather than to identify and correct them. Yes, this takes time, no we don't want you to be without your car. But we're talking about doing what's right vs what's not. It's also why we're able to warranty our engine when we did the install and tuning, but not when someone else tunes it.

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ultimately, this is a rather easy issue to solve. Have Ford wipe the CPU and install a Lund tune. If it still acts up, Livernois is correct and it's an electrical gremlin. If not, it's on them (at least this latest round). The only remaining issue then would be the warranty on the new motor. Make sure to datalog the way the car is acting now so that, should a mechanical issue arise later, you will have proof that the change was necessary to continue owning the car and prevent damage to the engine. Personally (if it runs correctly) at that point I would hire a lawyer, but that's just me.

Sponsored

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Op, you are now responsible for what happens to your ride. If after all this you can’t see the writing on the wall it now becomes your fault. I know I sound like a dick but wtf!!!!!!! Get a reputable tune and hope there’s no damage to your engine.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
getting his car back is obviously a very smart move on the customers part. if you couldn't solve it in the weeks you had the car I have little faith you could solve it at all. I have zero doubt you covered your ass in the diagnosis after teardown and that Livernois was the reason for the failure in the first place. stop trying to make it look like it's the customers fault. you're just making yourselves look like fools.

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
I'm sure if we gave Livernois a little more time, they could get all of that into one sentence.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Let me get the time line straight. Car has been running since 7/18 according to OP, then 8/4 it was “ready for pick up” 8/15 it was picked up and still have drivability issues that this company is claiming they didn’t have time to figure out and was “rushed” by the customer... and the company wants to say it’s because of “driver habits” and “electrical” issue... Jesus.....

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Let me get the time line straight. Car has been running since 7/18 according to OP, then 8/4 it was “ready for pick up” 8/15 it was picked up and still have drivability issues that this company is claiming they didn’t have time to figure out and was “rushed” by the customer... and the company wants to say it’s because of “driver habits” and “electrical” issue... Jesus.....
This

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
With the vehicle having an engine failure and us having to get pistons and rods and everything for the built motor it definitely is not an overnight job and then also changing the tune with the new intake and pulley and waiting for the cutsomer to come make sure he liked the pedal feel and everything just holds up the process, we take our time on our builds we do not like to rush our customers cars out the door.
FAKE NEWS!

“vehicle having an engine failure”
Livernois has nothing to do with it? It’s the “vehicle” fault?
Livernois does not stand behind their low power 600whp SC installs.

“having to get pistons and rods and everything for the built motor“
Bullshit. Not needed at 600 whp unless you have a bad tune.

Yall killed a motor at 200whp less than everyone else whose pushing these stock motors.
Even if we gave you benefit of doubt that this motor had some production defect, it doesn’t change your behavior after failure:
You exploit customer trust and inexperience to profit.

It’s not the initial motor at issue:
You chose a more expensive solution than what was needed to fleece the op further after the first engine failed after Livernois touched it.
Everyone with experience knows 600-650 rwhp is fine on the stock service Long Block at $4400.
Add generous $2000 for motor swap parts n labor at 16hrs, or do it for free if it’s possible that Livermore SC package, tune, or install has problems.
Bottom line: If you had skill and personal constitution of a shop that shits excellence, this was a $5000 and two day fix.

Op, get the hell away from this guy. He fucked you over. No shame in it, we have all screwed up at various times in life. Props to the op for having balls to post his experience. Many screwed by Livernois are too embarrassed to say so.
Just try and move on as others have said.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum...livernois-refuses-to-reimburse-poor-work.html

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=571646

http://forums.corral.net/forums/svt-dohc/793106-do-not-ever-go-buy-livernois-please-make-sticky.html

Last edited:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
A business tip...
In future, when a customers car mucks up, you make that car priority NUMBER 1.
You commit every spare person you have to getting THAT car out of the workshop ASAP.
Yes, you’ll have to cancel on other people.
Guess what?
When you explain to them that their car won’t be done on time because you’re 100% committed to customer satisfaction AFTER taking their money, those customers will actually gain respect for your business.
I’d happily cop the build of my car being punched back a week (or two) if it meant that if/when my car packs up, I’ll be getting it back ASAP.
Post sales support matters.
Rant complete.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
The shop I brought my car to was close to my Detroit area house. I should have taken the car there from the beginning, but that is water over the dam. I really thought that it was possible the issue was an unusually close ring gap from the factory or maybe even gas. I am confident in my mind that the issue was LMS from the beginning. The car ran excellent for several thousand miles with their NA tune in it. The issue was IMMEDIATE after the SC install. From day one, back in March. I have dozens of emails back and forth to my salesman. Initially they did not take my concerns seriously. They were so sure of the tune. Then I took it back several times. I cannot understand, for the life of me, how any normal car person could not IMMEDIATELY see the problems. When I finally asked my salesman, not the tuner, to drive the car with me he noticed it immediately. The salesman, not the tuner. I left the car there AGAIN and was contacted 2 days later with the bad news. LMS might say that it drove bad because of the engine failure, and that's true, but it drove just like that all along. Why would I leave it there AGAIN? The CPU will be wiped by Ford and a tune installed. If there are mechanical issues from the install I will bring it back to LMS. LMS is just too close to really understand this it seems. But, the summer gone, several trips to LMS and back with no solution, a ton of money. Just a horrible experience. This is my 5th Mustang since I got back in to cars starting in 2010 and once this thing is fixed I'm ready to just call it quits and sell the car.
And, yes, LMS should quit making excuses and refund my money and APOLOGIZE.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Sorry to hear they sucked the fun out of what should have been a very fun experience.

Hopefully you change your mind on selling it once you have it tuned properly and running well.

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
The shop I brought my car to was close to my Detroit area house. I should have taken the car there from the beginning, but that is water over the dam. I really thought that it was possible the issue was an unusually close ring gap from the factory or maybe even gas. I am confident in my mind that the issue was LMS from the beginning. The car ran excellent for several thousand miles with their NA tune in it. The issue was IMMEDIATE after the SC install. From day one, back in March. I have dozens of emails back and forth to my salesman. Initially they did not take my concerns seriously. They were so sure of the tune. Then I took it back several times. I cannot understand, for the life of me, how any normal car person could not IMMEDIATELY see the problems. When I finally asked my salesman, not the tuner, to drive the car with me he noticed it immediately. The salesman, not the tuner. I left the car there AGAIN and was contacted 2 days later with the bad news. LMS might say that it drove bad because of the engine failure, and that's true, but it drove just like that all along. Why would I leave it there AGAIN? The CPU will be wiped by Ford and a tune installed. If there are mechanical issues from the install I will bring it back to LMS. LMS is just too close to really understand this it seems. But, the summer gone, several trips to LMS and back with no solution, a ton of money. Just a horrible experience. This is my 5th Mustang since I got back in to cars starting in 2010 and once this thing is fixed I'm ready to just call it quits and sell the car.
And, yes, LMS should quit making excuses and refund my money and APOLOGIZE.
The price you spent on that mag supercharger you could have gone with a Roush, Whipple or Kenne Bell and had room to grow once you got bored with it. I never understand why inferior options keep getting purchased or supported by vendors. Maybe it's because of the high profit margins but the minute I looked at the setup I said hell no. My opinion is, if your going to do something do it right the first time, instead of constantly throwing money at it. Many times people look for the cheapest option and then find out it was a terrible idea.

As I've said in other posts in this thread I've only ever had great experiences with LMS. I've got responses on problems when they are closed on the weekends, quick shipping turn around, fast tune revisions, etc. I've ran their tunes on my SHO, F150, and S550 with no issues. Ive always had positive results from them, but switched over to Sai Li because he was closer to me and he was highly recommended.

On LMS defense if there is an electrical issue that could be the whole problem. Back in the early 2000s I did alot of tuning with megasquirt and found out how electrical issues can make a car run like crap out of the blue and then be fine the next minute, especially when there is a short to ground.

I hope everything works out for you OP. Hit up Sai Li or pm me and I can get you his contact info.
Sponsored