Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I heard Ford will void your warranty if you do that tho.

<sarcasm>

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I love the deceleration burbles. I'm talking about a pop during accelerating like you hear from an old jalopy or my riding mower. It doesn't sound cool. It makes it sound like an old jalopy or my riding mower..lol. I played around with it some yesterday and it seems to be when I'm coming out of first and push the clutch in slower than normal. Probably just hitting some rpm sweet spot when I'm lackadaisical in my takeoff.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
you haven't seen a backfire until you've blown (at minimum) the air cleaner about 10 ft. high.

Backfire something with forced induction and you might just launch the whole darned fuel intake system...

after-fire (those pops in the exhaust when the butterfly is closed) is from unburned fuel passing the exhaust valve... could be from running rich, could be in the EGR, could be fresh from the valve overlap.
You can get extreme after-fire in a carbureted engine with a mechanical fuel pump by cutting ignition while at speed. The transmission continues to drive the engine, fuel pump and all, and fills the exhaust system with near-stochiometric A/F mixture. Spark the ignition again, and it all burns up in a fantastic blue flame that rids your drive of tailgaters.

You haven't lived till you have seen a top fuel funny car launch a blower 50 ft in the air and down the track.. into the woods.. and then catches the woods on fire...LOL
Sponsored