Sponsored

List of changes to the 2019 GT350

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Numbers 13 and 14 are incorrect. They only come with the handling package.
On the base model. The Gurney flap in obviously not available on the R. The strut mounts are standard on the R
Sponsored

OP
OP
Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Great list! Thanks for putting it together.

I could swear that for the engine updates, Ford redesigned the pistons and rings for 2019. And the original style pistons and rings are no longer available from Ford.
You might be right. Wish Ford provided more information. If you find an article with more updated engine information post the link here and I'll add it to the OP. I also keep looking for more info.

OP
OP
Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Well, then along with tires you need to tune suspension, stiffen front by 10%, stiffen anti-roll bar, etc..... for pre 2019.
Numbers 13 and 14 are incorrect. They only come with the handling package.
Slight renumbering, this should be correct now for 12 and 13. Both show the handling package.

NUTNDUN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I believe the puddle lamps were new on the 19's also.

Sponsored

mqu02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue GT350
Minor, but they got rid of the red start button, and they changed the spring on the clutch pedal.

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Seat trim also changed.

Although the order guide doesn't list it, it appears that they widened the seats as well, hence the reason so many people are complaining about them rubbing against the console.
Yep my 19 with the up-graded seats has the rubbing issue. I put silicone lubricant on the side of the console and after two weeks, no more squeaking noise. It's not visible and will not damage the material of the seat or the console. Win-win!

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Yep my 19 with the up-graded seats has the rubbing issue. I put silicone lubricant on the side of the console and after two weeks, no more squeaking noise. It's not visible and will not damage the material of the seat or the console. Win-win!
Mine too. Haven't figured out for sure if it's the console or the seats that were widened, but will be experimenting to find a solution soon.

OP
OP
Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Seat trim also changed.

Although the order guide doesn't list it, it appears that they widened the seats as well, hence the reason so many people are complaining about them rubbing against the console.
I'll add to OP. Thanks

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
I believe 2019 was the first year that the rubberized coating was installed on the engine block plate to prevent the rattling sound. My 2019 has the updated block plate.

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Mine too. Haven't figured out for sure if it's the console or the seats that were widened, but will be experimenting to find a solution soon.
Whether its the seat side bolster or the console, it really doesn't matter. I spoke to my SVT technician, who I trust implicitly, and he indicated there was no lateral adjustment for the seat or the console. Our weight on the seat also contributes to the eventual widening of the seat area, as well. I used a silicone lubricant (similar to heavy Vaseline) applied on the left lateral lower side of the console where the seat is rubbing. It will not damage either surface and it stopped the noise immediately. I think this is the best solution, and after applying the thin coat on the console, I've had no noise. I use the feature that moves the seat back when you turn off the engine, so it get a lot of use going forward and back when I enter or exit the car. I did this two weeks ago and no more noise. I think this is your best option.

OP
OP
Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I believe 2019 was the first year that the rubberized coating was installed on the engine block plate to prevent the rattling sound. My 2019 has the updated block plate.
I'll add to OP. If anyone has corrections to any of the items listed please provide and I'll update. Thanks.
Sponsored