Sponsored

Line Lock Electrical - Literal Gremlin...

ChicharronR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
The car Gods have quite the sense of humor, and have been throwing me curveballs as of late.

A few weeks ago, my R started to run rough...certainly a miss...but required the intake to be pulled and some injector wiring to be replaced. The culprit....some sort of squirrel, rat, mice, etc. The mess they made with pecans, dog shit, and otherwise yard sticks were a tell-tale (pun intended), and seemingly ate through an injector wire. Easy fix...not cheap as the intake removal was time intensive.

So, everyday, I now make a point to check the car, and the traps I've set to find this little bastard. Last night....found some additional remnants, so I decided to move the car and upset any regimen said critter may have had. However, my front wheels are now locked. He certainly got active in a 24hr period. I think he found a way into the line lock system and potentially chewed threw a wire. I'm guessing that's the culprit.

LC won't activate. Drag Mode won't activate. Rear wheels can spin like they would....front wheels stiff as a rock.

Outside if this being a major hassle, and if/when I find this little guy, he's going to meet a swift, unorthodox end, I'm struggling to find how I can unlock these front wheels.

Any ideas where to target first? I did look through, at night, for obvious wires "disconnected". Nothing obvious.
Sponsored

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Did you check the steering module wires? They are right above the oil filter. There are two very large ones and two tiny sensor ones. Its the EPS module. My bet is he chewed one of those.

OP
OP

ChicharronR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I’ll check it out! I don’t have an issue with turning the wheel left to right…just them rotating. Haven’t checked near the oil filter however…next up

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Meanwhile your critter's on the rodent forums with his buddies telling him which wire to chew to disable the line lock of the guy doing burn outs in front of his nest.

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
By any chance was it last parked when wet and the front pads as a result have bonded to the rotor? This has happened to me on occasion and the car would act as you describe.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ChicharronR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Meanwhile your critter's on the rodent forums with his buddies telling him which wire to chew to disable the line lock of the guy doing burn outs in front of his nest.
The neighborhood certainly isn't a fan, that's for sure. Maybe even for the critters...

OP
OP

ChicharronR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
By any chance was it last parked when wet and the front pads as a result have bonded to the rotor? This has happened to me on occasion and the car would act as you describe.
Actually, yes, it has been wet, and I washed the car, rotors, inner wheels, and brake calipers the day before. 500ft-lbs doesn't break them loose...what does?

68Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang coupe, 2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Actually, yes, it has been wet, and I washed the car, rotors, inner wheels, and brake calipers the day before. 500ft-lbs doesn't break them loose...what does?
I've had this same issue after a wash and letting the car sit. Now my routine is to drive the car a few minutes and get some heat in the brake system to dry it out after each wash.
When it happened to me the front wheels were locked and all I could do was smoke the rear tires - both in 1st and reverse (parked on my shop on a concrete floor). After several back and forth changes from 1st to reverse it finally broke free. Took much more than I would have ever expected!
Keep us updated.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yes, this should be a sticky if it isn't already. In addition to being an annoyance, this will sometimes chunk off enough pad and leave it stuck to the rotor, that the car is hardly drivable.

OP
OP

ChicharronR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
We’ll, a heavy foot, a pissed off clutch and a garage door pelted with gravel…the wet brake pads was the culprit. Wild.

Amazing…this could have been an amazingly expensive and frustrating process. Now I just have to lead hammer my garage door!

Thank you guys tremendously. It really should be a sticky! Here I thought it was a mouse. (I still think I got one marching around in there somewhere.)

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
This forum (mostly… lol!) is worth the price of admission!
Sponsored