Sponsored

Line lock/Air bag - Digital Dash swap

Brad2579

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Hopefully someone here can help me out. I have a 2017 PP, which I recently completed a digital dash swap on. After the install I noticed a few issues. First, my Air Bag light is illuminated and will not go off. Second, my Line Lock option is greyed out. Everything else seems to be working correctly. Did anyone here experience any of these issues after a dash swap? With regard to the line lock issue, I’ve meet the below conditions, but it’s still greyed out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • The vehicle is on a level surface.
  • The engine is running.
  • The vehicle is stopped.
  • The parking brake is not applied.
  • The driver door is closed.
  • The transmission is in a forward gear.
  • The steering wheel must be in the straight ahead position.
  • Selectable Drive Mode is not in snow/wet mode (if equipped).
  • There are no AdvanceTrac faults.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brad2579

Brad2579

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
UPDATE: So I unhooked the battery and removed the steering wheel airbag. After about 5 minutes I hooked the airbag back up and reconnected the battery. Problem solved..airbag light is off!! Not sure what the issue was but for now it’s fixed.

Now I need to figure out this Line Lock issue.....

anferny28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Black
UPDATE: So I unhooked the battery and removed the steering wheel airbag. After about 5 minutes I hooked the airbag back up and reconnected the battery. Problem solved..airbag light is off!! Not sure what the issue was but for now it’s fixed.

Now I need to figure out this Line Lock issue.....
Make sure the engine is at operating temperature. that should activate it.

OP
OP
Brad2579

Brad2579

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Make sure the engine is at operating temperature. that should activate it.
Thanks for the reply. I had it running in the driveway for a little bit today and the temp was at the midway point, so maybe that wasn’t enough. I’m in the process of added BLIS to the car so the rear bumper is off and I’m not able to get it on the road. Is there also something that needs to be activated via FORScan. I’m assuming because I had it before the swap things shouldn’t have changed, but I guess it’s worth a check.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Did you program the digital dash for you car or no? If it's all programmed properly it should still work if the conditions are met.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brad2579

Brad2579

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Did you program the digital dash for you car or no? If it's all programmed properly it should still work if the conditions are met.
I did program the new cluster. Everything else is working correctly, but the line lock is greyed out. Unless I missed something or changed a line by accident I’m not sure else could be wrong. I’m not even sure what lines control the line lock option. From what I’m finding it’s in IPC and ABS, but no detailed talk about it.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I did program the new cluster. Everything else is working correctly, but the line lock is greyed out. Unless I missed something or changed a line by accident I’m not sure else could be wrong. I’m not even sure what lines control the line lock option. From what I’m finding it’s in IPC and ABS, but no detailed talk about it.
From the thread to enable line lock on a non-GT:

6. After the flashing procedure is done, now you need to use Forscan (You can still use the UCDS but I prefered the Forscan as I had the calibration done already) - Program the ABS as-built data as the below:

760 02-01: 2113 3111 00E0
760 02-02: 0200 79E6
760 03-01: 55C0
Not sure which part specifically does it, but that's on the OP.