FISH_L3G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT pp in Competition Orange, 86 Corvette, 2012 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2015 GT 6 speed and have the one persisting issue. The car will be fine for weeks on end but randomly the accelerator pedal will quit working during acceleration and the car will go into "limp mode" and only idle with zero throttle response. Once I pull over to the shoulder and cycle the car on and off the issue seems to go away. I have pulled the trouble codes on the side of the road when this happens and I consistently retrieve two error codes.

Error codes:
1. Throttle body stuck open
2. Throttle body stuck closed

Sometimes this happens 5 or 6 times a day commuting to work (under 2500rpm), and the other times it will work flawlessly for months on end....My assumption is my throttle body has crapped out and needs replacement, but I hate to throw parts at the car without certainty. What are yall's thoughts and experiences?
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Given the info provided, I'd grab a can of spray carb-cleaner and hose down your throttle body mechanicals in the intake.

At least remove it and inspect it for something external causing it to stick. Then if there's nothing you can see, install a new one.

If it's had this issue, why didn't you take it in for warranty service?

OP
OP
FISH_L3G

FISH_L3G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Given the info provided, I'd grab a can of spray carb-cleaner and hose down your throttle body mechanicals in the intake.

At least remove it and inspect it for something external causing it to stick. Then if there's nothing you can see, install a new one.

If it's had this issue, why didn't you take it in for warranty service?

I removed the throttle body last week and thoroughly cleaned the throttle body, cleaned the connector and put a small amount of dielectric great on the plug. I also tried to do a throttle body relearn and that didn't help any....

OP
OP
FISH_L3G

FISH_L3G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update,
The culprit was a defective throttle body. New throttle body was purchased at my local Ford store and she drives like $1,000,000.
Sponsored