PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The Brown Brothers Racing out of Vancouver BC have #004 Brian
DSCN5106.JPG
DSCN5125.JPG
Haven't been back to Vancouver for quite some time and many times always head over to Brown Bros. Ford in order to try to say Hello to Tim but seem to miss him more often than not. Obviously Tim and his dealership are still very active on the racing scene.

Back in the mid '80's I remember taking Tim for a ride in my new '65 R model replica race car right behind his families dealership on Marine Drive and was showing him how I could pull 60 MPH in first gear with my new ride as I was running 3.00 gears but unfortunately the Vancouver City Police was also sitting there hidden on the side of the road.

While being chased down by the police I still remember Tim saying to me that we were in big trouble but somehow I talked my way out of my stupidity with just a warning as the constable was a Mustang guy and really liked my car.

Back in the day his family purchased one of the original 36 Competition GT350R models from SA in 1965 with that car campaigned largely in the PNW including the old Westwood Race track in Coquitlam which I believe was the first road course built in Canada.

I believe that '65 R model won 5 championships on the international scene.

:)
Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Been in a GT4 in Grabber Blue! They are amazing! This one has a passenger seat..... Brian
DSCN5473.JPG
DSCN5474.JPG
DSCN5478.JPG
Welp, theres my first purchase when i win the lottery, then @PP0001’s black R he’s holding onto for me lol

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
Good morning friends! Just signed a purchase order on a HEP GT350R. It's been quite a journey and I'm so excited to join this community as I wait for my car.

I SO nearly pulled the trigger on LR004 @zjgross1 . I procrastinated and of course I missed out. I was a little skeptical about the "its stuck in the port", but glad to see it worked out for you. I called all the dealers on the west coast I could find with HEP Rs. I was quoted $25k, $30k and $35k ADM on each respectively. There was another one in the Bay Area (Sunnyvale I think it was) priced over $100k that sold, so I had every reason to believe these dealers wouldn't be letting their Rs go for a price I'd want to pay.

I test-drove a standard GT350 thinking it would be a good compromise. I liked the experience, but since I want to track the car, I sensed that the stiffer springs of the R would suit me better. I briefly had an option on a HEP 350 with Recaros, but again missed out as I just wasn't sure whether I'd regret not getting the R. Put a bid on the 2018 White R on BaT (auction ends today) thinking maybe I'd wrap it...

And then chatting with my brother in law - also a car guy - he just casually happens to mention that one of his best friends works at a local Ford Dealer. I'm like - you didn't think to mention this before??? I get a text the next day. They're getting a HEP 350 and they want 10k over. I'm like - yea no thanks. After following up, I find out it's an R and they're willing to negotiate. In the end, I'm still paying a little over sticker, but frankly I couldn't be happier with this result. Local dealer, so no shipping hassles and they'll be easy to contact if I have any issues. WHAT A RESULT!

Seeing your photos makes me so excited. Build date is a little out there. Seems like it was ordered in December and the build date is late July. I plan to swap out the wheels and keep the Carbon Fiber set for track use. I plan to do a clear wrap on it to protect the paint.

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
Any idea why so many of the GT350 HE (non-R) have been specd with the leather trimmed sport seats instead of the 'stock' recaro's? It seems that most of the GT350 HE's I have found for sale have the leather trimmed seats, except two - one in CA, and one in PA..
I wondered the same. I think the HEP Recaro non-Rs could actually end up being rarer than the Rs. I spoke to a dealer who told me that most folks buying the non-R value comfort and luxury over bolstering. He's probably right.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Welp, theres my first purchase when i win the lottery, then @PP0001’s black R he’s holding onto for me lol
Tony, if you get down my way please give me a heads up and will be happy to let you take JR157 out in the desert for some fun but because it does not have any AC please do not show up in the summer as we have already hit 105 F. and it is just early May.

Not sure if you have had much seat time in an R and if not they are a blast to drive especially on the backroads of Arizona.

Don't plan on letting this car go anytime soon as I was very fortunate that Ford of Canada signed off on building a second Base R just prior to production discontinuation back in April 2018 therefore I am so thankful to a few individuals in both Dearborn and Oakville for their outstanding help with respect to getting this car built.

Hope to maybe see you sometime next Fall or Winter!!

:like::like:

Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Tony, if you get down my way please give me a heads up and will be happy to let you take JR157 out in the desert for some fun but because it does not have any AC please do not show up in the summer as we have already hit 105 F. and it is just early May.

Not sure if you have had much seat time in an R and if not they are a blast to drive especially on the backroads of Arizona.

Don't plan on letting this car go anytime soon as I was very fortunate that Ford of Canada signed off on building a second Base R just prior to production discontinuation back in April 2018 therefore I am so thankful to a few individuals in both Dearborn and Oakville for their outstanding help with respect to getting this car built.

Hope to maybe see you sometime next Fall or Winter!!

:like::like:
not to derail the thread but i have absolutely fallen in love with my gt350 and i am getting into road racing a lot. I am at a crossroads with do i leave this stock and get an R....or just make this the race car and wait for yours to be for sale.

i have a work friend in pheonix i can visit lol

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
not to derail the thread but i have absolutely fallen in love with my gt350 and i am getting into road racing a lot. I am at a crossroads with do i leave this stock and get an R....or just make this the race car and wait for yours to be for sale.

i have a work friend in pheonix i can visit lol
Great to hear about your passion for road racing as what a great hobby to be in aside from the cost aspect and of course looking forward to meeting you sooner than later!

Montoya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Hey guys, LR004 here from NJ. I have had quite the run around to get this car I'll give you guys the abbreviated long story. Maybe I'll post the long story in the future, lol.

I bought LR025, a 2020 R in Black on Black on October 5th 2019. That vehicle was reacquired by Ford on March 5, 2020 after spending 70 days in the shop. I placed an order for a HEP R in the reacquisition process, however that vehicle was supposed to be produced in late April and the factory shut down on March 17th

2020 is the last year for the 350, and I am absolutely enamored with the driving dynamics on this car. As we all know, manual only, 8250rpm N/A V8, an 107 decibel exhaust from the factory... enough said. I didnt want to miss out on getting my HEP car and wanted to enjoy it for the summer. If this crazy pandemic has taught us anything, its that the future is uncertain.
So glad you found your car. What happened to your first car? Did ford provide you with another allocation?

zjgross1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150 Lightning
Congrats on the car! She is an amazing vehicle, I’ve been daily driving LR005 for the past few weeks:

upload_2020-5-7_8-34-23.jpeg

upload_2020-5-7_8-37-4.jpeg
005 a bute! I’m jealous of all y’all’s front splitters. My car came without one and I have no idea when it will be available due to the shutdown. My dealer ordered it and will be shipping it to me.

Just got an update from my shipper, my car should be at my house on Sunday. Will post some pics when it’s here.

zjgross1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150 Lightning
So glad you found your car. What happened to your first car? Did ford provide you with another allocation?
My first car had a bad firewall weld and caused the clutch pedal (and entire pedal box) to creak when turning at low speeds. There was a vibration and a noise. It was odd at first and thought it just was the stiffly sprung car. 70+ days in the shop, new control arms, and 2 FRAP Engineer visits later, it was diagnosed. The fix is to pull the engine and dashboard, reweld the firewall, and reinstall everything... I’ll pass on that fix. Engineer recommended the buyback.

I received another allocation for a HEP R but no idea when it will be built. Was supposed to be manufactured around now. I seized this opportunity to buy 004 because of the unknowns (last year of 350) and it was worth it to have one for the driving season in NJ

Sponsored

20RHeritage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE
005 a bute! I’m jealous of all y’all’s front splitters. My car came without one and I have no idea when it will be available due to the shutdown. My dealer ordered it and will be shipping it to me.

Just got an update from my shipper, my car should be at my house on Sunday. Will post some pics when it’s here.
When I bought my RHE #010, I purchased a spare front splitter. That was the beginning of April and had it in 3 days.

20RHeritage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE
HELLO. JEFF, I ALSO HAVE ONE COMING IN, ALSO IN FLORIDA. WE GET TOGETHER EVERY FRIDAY IN THE MIAMI LAKES AREA. IF YOU WANT TO JOIN US.
Difficult getting there on Fridays with work. I’ll let you know if I can join.

FR500S Racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2008 FR500S Challenge Race Car. 2017 GT350, 2017 RS, 2003 F350. 2020 GT350R HEP
Thanks for the idea's Brian
One question? Not sure what your meaning with the OVC65?
Original Venice Crew of Shelby American LA of 1965. Sorry should have shared that. Brian

FR500S Racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2008 FR500S Challenge Race Car. 2017 GT350, 2017 RS, 2003 F350. 2020 GT350R HEP
Haven't been back to Vancouver for quite some time and many times always head over to Brown Bros. Ford in order to try to say Hello to Tim but seem to miss him more often than not. Obviously Tim and his dealership are still very active on the racing scene.

Back in the mid '80's I remember taking Tim for a ride in my new '65 R model replica race car right behind his families dealership on Marine Drive and was showing him how I could pull 60 MPH in first gear with my new ride as I was running 3.00 gears but unfortunately the Vancouver City Police was also sitting there hidden on the side of the road.

While being chased down by the police I still remember Tim saying to me that we were in big trouble but somehow I talked my way out of my stupidity with just a warning as the constable was a Mustang guy and really liked my car.

Back in the day his family purchased one of the original 36 Competition GT350R models from SA in 1965 with that car campaigned largely in the PNW including the old Westwood Race track in Coquitlam which I believe was the first road course built in Canada.

I believe that '65 R model won 5 championships on the international scene.

That's some fun History! Tim and his guys are very competitive! Love watching them race! There's a video on Youtube of that 65 GT350 Competition - R. I did drive Westwood in the early 80's in the evening during a Vintage Race weekend, very cool track! First had to get a ride along with a local in a brand new Fox/body Capris and then with his beer in hand said go have fun! The Old days! It's a small world! Brian
Sponsored