Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I'm going to be posting a lot of photos to this thread! Stumbled upon a LB with Recaro seats and electronics pack (and no ADM) locally and bought it last weekend. I love this color! Blue is my favorite, and this is my first blue car. It's taken me 10 cars to get to this one haha. I will likely remove the black stripes and do PPF and put matte white stripes on top, or run stripeless ... we'll see.

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Kyle,

Did you get rid of your red one? The one with the blown motor?

I mean, obv blue is better...you won't find anyone disagreeing in this thread lol

R

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
At first I liked the lb color in the sun most but now I'm leaning toward how it looks in low light...the ominous blue look. Superb

Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
At first I liked the lb color in the sun most but now I'm leaning toward how it looks in low light...the ominous blue look. Superb
Ya, in low light it's kinda like the liquid blue which was seen on the autoshow cars in 2015. in overcast skies in looks cool then it's a different beast in sunlight. It's a great colour fellas

R

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I've yet to see it at night, but so far I like it most in bright sunlight. It's still good in overcast lighting too!

I really like how white stripes look with this paint in sunlight. Reminds me of a poster I had on my wall in the 90s of a blue Viper with white stripes.

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
My order was orig with black stripes. No regrets with the white, but I haven't seen an r with lb and black stripes; I'm sure I'd like that too haha

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
My order was orig with black stripes. No regrets with the white, but I haven't seen an r with lb and black stripes; I'm sure I'd like that too haha
I didn't spec my car, but I did get the basics that I wanted: Lightning Blue, Recaro, Electronics Pack. I wasn't sure if I wanted black painted roof (figured I could always wrap it if wanted) or stripes at all.

There is another (at least one) north Texas owner with LB and black stripes. I haven't seen one with white stripes or stripeless yet, in person. There's a couple install issues with my stripes, which makes me less hesitant to remove them. I figure I will remove them sometime this year, do PPF on the front, then decide if I want to do white stripes, possibly matte w/o pinstripe.

voodoo2017

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Stripeless is the way to go!

I didn't spec my car, but I did get the basics that I wanted: Lightning Blue, Recaro, Electronics Pack. I wasn't sure if I wanted black painted roof (figured I could always wrap it if wanted) or stripes at all.

There is another (at least one) north Texas owner with LB and black stripes. I haven't seen one with white stripes or stripeless yet, in person. There's a couple install issues with my stripes, which makes me less hesitant to remove them. I figure I will remove them sometime this year, do PPF on the front, then decide if I want to do white stripes, possibly matte w/o pinstripe.
5159.JPG

Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Nice. I like it no stripes too, but not sure I could de-stripe my R...

Do you like your plate position? I wanna hang it there or in the middle...haven't decided because my plates are white with blue lettering so they'd kinda blend into the white stripes.

I have the one from CJ Pony Parts, which mounting bracket is that?

R

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
[MENTION=24587]voodoo2017[/MENTION] it looks great! I remember you posting in my thread, a friend saw it and insists I go stripeless as well :D

If/when I remove the black stripes, I will run stripeless for awhile and see how I like it.