LIGHTNING BLUE GT350/R Thread

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Yea, i saw the ford escape in the color down at the local car dealership and i really didn't think it fit very well. However on this car, at least in the pictures, it seems to work very well... Wish i could see it in person now on a gt350.
same here, saw a LB escape at the NYIAS, but wasnt convinced. this though... :hail: :headbang:
Sponsored

f e r

Dapper.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fach 1 / Jeep SRT8
I like it a lot more than DIB tbh. Similar shade to Sonic Blue with a very little pinch of teal.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I changed my color. If it was more like flame blue i'd jump right on it.

VoodooShelby

What a bad_ss car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Got the call and ordered no stripe R today without the black roof. Lightning blue was a no brainier. Should look good next to a regatta blue 88 5.0. Im pretty excited.
Love the look as well. Ordered non R, Lightning Blue, stripe delete, Convenience Pack. Can't wait!!:headbang:

Sponsored

dean_acheson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Boss 302, 2019 Bullitt
I've attached a couple of photos that I took this weekend of a 2017 lightning blue escape- it was bit overcast.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
I changed my color. If it was more like flame blue i'd jump right on it.
earlier in the thread i posted 2 photos on a roush mustang with the lightning blue and the blue flame color sheets from ford. It's VERY close to blue flame

geeded

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Floyd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 w/Tech package
That Lightning Blue is almost making me regret getting a DIB...almost...

Bird in hand...

No regrets, DIB is killer. The Lightning Blue looks similar to a color the MINI used for its first couple of years.

Our DIB/White looks perfect. It's darn close to the 427 Cobra Blue/White which is GREAT for me. Every time I think, "Dang, I should have waited for a 2017", I immediately add "But then I couldn't have gotten the DIB/White". It's easier to add a transmission cooler if I need it for some reason in the future than have an entire GT350 in a color I don't love. Of course, it being an "orphan" color makes me very, very happy.

Cheers

p.s. I turned down a Black/White stripe that was offered for less than the DIB. Didn't think twice. OTOH, if the other car had been White/Blue, I would have been VERY conflicted!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
earlier in the thread i posted 2 photos on a roush mustang with the lightning blue and the blue flame color sheets from ford. It's VERY close to blue flame
I seen a blue flame truck up close and a lightning blue escape today. They didn't look close like in your picture IMO, the flame blue is closer to candy blue, both which I love. Lots lighter than the lightning, especially in the sun and in person. Id love to have a blue color and grabber isn't my style. I'm gonna settle for the lightning blue stripe on a white car or take a chance on the lightning blue...just not hitting me like a lighter blue would. Can't please everyone I suppose.
Edit: here are my pics. I love the one where the white clouds show on the blue.

Last edited:

Infusion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be GT350
I wnet to look at at lightning blue on a Fusion convinced it was the color I wanted based on preliminary pictures. In the sun it looked like pure teal, I asked the opinion from two others and they agreed. Any chance the Fusion lightning blue will be different than GT350?

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Can't wait to see Ligjtning B in person... from the pics I do really like it since it reminds me of being similar to 2 colors I also like on other brands. One is Laguna Blue on the C7 models and Sapphire Blue on the Porsche models. Lightning B seems to show fairly close hues to those I mentioned and those cars look great whether under daylight or in the shade. Plus the OTT stripes complement LB quite well.