Lifted Mustangs

OrangeCrush5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
You can probably fit up to 30 since my 29" tire has half an inch left before touching the wheel wells, but that's an easy fix.

My greatest concern would be the increased drive shaft and half shaft angles ripping the boots and causing the joints to wear faster, but I'm at a roadblock right now with finding longer brake lines for the extra 3 inches of travel
30 inches with stock struts or with the extended struts?

If you need a custom hose just figure out what fitting are on the end and contact a company such as Nott Company or HFI. We use them at work for high pressure oil lines. If you do go this route, tell them you need the hose a 1/2” longer than you actually need. They pull the hoses off of reels and they have a tendency to shrink.

I wonder how the wheels would look with no lift or a 1 inch lift and a wide body kit Again, I’d want to fit at least 31” tires preferably 33”.
Sponsored

OrangeCrush5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Stock struts can only fit up to 29" tires before rubbing the spring perch.

How are you going to lift it just 1 inch?
I just reached out to a local 4x4 shop called CNC off-road. I’ll let you know what they say my options are.

OrangeCrush5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I ended up deciding against this. There weren’t any options to keep good drivability.

Wylie C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
I think I know where Ford got the idea for the "Mach E"

Sponsored

RGV250F3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Lightning Blue , 1983 GT5.0, 1974 Camaro Mighty Mouse 415c.i.SB
Wow, that's some crazy shite.. to each is own... this Lifted Mustang stuff is a whole other world away from my thinking. Mustang's are for shredding black top, track time. My lifted Diesel Jeep 4x4 is for technical mountain trail excursions, lifted 4x4 Diesel F250, for towing, and going sideways down fire roads.. I do think the video game Rally Mustang does look sick A F.

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I ended up deciding against this. There weren’t any options to keep good drivability.
Can you elaborate? I've been doing a lot of research into shaft angles getting too extreme with a lift and wearing out boots and joints which is a huge bummer, but if you look up #LiftedMiata on instagram there are TONS of people lifting their miatas, so I don't know how they get away with it.

OrangeCrush5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
So, I splurged on Black Friday and spent the money elsewhere. I ended up grabbing the Steeda lifting rails, front control arms, bump steer kit and sway bar links. I also just ordered the complete Energy polyurethane bushing kit. I already have the Ford Performance Track Handling kit installed. I was going to order all new rear control arms but the complete poly kit was cheaper and provided a lot more.

I also got a new Stainless Works Catback, it’ll be a nice upgrade over my Flowmaster Outlaw system. I grabbed some Power stop Brakes, I’m nervous about the quality of the brakes, I put them on my wife’s Q50 at the beginning of summer and they were a big upgrade over stock, I drive my Mustang alot harder though.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Lowered looks and functions much better. I’m so glad I didn’t go the lifted route, I almost pulled the trigger too.

939B9EA4-8271-4AB2-85B6-65437B95E70A.jpeg
3FAF71ED-FA8D-46D6-A54F-7AF9A16B1AC0.jpeg
Although I was expecting a lifted stang, I do love the look of yours. The black with orange is great and those sidewalls look awesome.

Sponsored

OrangeCrush5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Although I was expecting a lifted stang, I do love the look of yours. The black with orange is great and those sidewalls look awesome.
It’s a 28” slick. I was nervous it wouldn’t fit but it filled in better than I could have imagined.

OrangeCrush5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Looks so bulgy and weird. Good luck with snow and zombies.
I have an AWD Infiniti Q50 for snow, I also have a set of wheels with snow tires for the Mustang, and a set of wheels with summer tires, and my oem wheels with all season tires and I have enough guns to not have to worry about zombies or anything else.

They look bulgy because they’re slicks, they have soft sidewalls and they’re only inflated to 14 psi in the picture.

Here’s a picture of the slicks and winter tires. In the other picture you can see my Infiniti in the background.
11DB9D84-D38F-46B7-831F-2033CC67B991.jpeg
DE17C76A-D41C-438D-8EAE-232F3AEEF0A0.jpeg

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
This got me going again and I went into one of my PC games, but it turns out the Rally Lift spring kit upgrade is not that dramatic in appearance in-game, but it sure works well paired with rally tire compound on dirt roads with nice spring travel :)

rally.jpg

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
This got me going again and I went into one of my PC games, but it turns out the Rally Lift spring kit upgrade is not that dramatic in appearance in-game, but it sure works well paired with rally tire compound on dirt roads with nice spring travel :)

rally.jpg
What game?
Sponsored