Sponsored

Levels vs direct replacement IC?

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Read the whole IC thread but wondering if anyone went from a direct replacement like mishimoto and MAP intercooler to a levels and actually picked up power?
Sponsored

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I doubt they would gain more power but I'm not 100% sure but the main thing with the bigger intercoolers like ATM and levels is they support more horsepower. Like my MAP will support up to 550whp the ATM supports probably 800whp or more. If I could do it again I would buy the ATM.

WyrmLock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I've been debating the intercooler choice as well. If I'm not planning to go passed bolt-ons and barely even considering E30; would getting the larger intercooler be worth it?

2016Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Isn't the levels a direct replacement too ? The only thing you have to remove the shutters but besides that , the levels ic is a direct replacement

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
I've been debating the intercooler choice as well. If I'm not planning to go passed bolt-ons and barely even considering E30; would getting the larger intercooler be worth it?
Yes it's crucial, should be one of the first things you do if you don't want to deal with heat soak and inconsistent power. I'm throwing mine and a couple more things for sale at a discount if anyone wants to bite at a lower price point.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Slow89

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Isn't the levels a direct replacement too ? The only thing you have to remove the shutters but besides that , the levels ic is a direct replacement
Yea it is but basically the shorter row IC that literally need nothing else taking out. I honestly don't like the spray paint levels logo on the front of the IC either lol

Murdered_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
15 Premium PP Ecoboost
Yes it's crucial, should be one of the first things you do if you don't want to deal with heat soak and inconsistent power. I'm throwing mine and a couple more things for sale at a discount if anyone wants to bite at a lower price point.
What will you be selling? Mind Pming me to keep this thread on topic. Thank you!:headbang:

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Levels fits in the same spot, but does require shutter removal. That will throw a code I believe. A new direct fit option is CPE. I believe the shutters can stay on for that one.

WyrmLock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Oh yeah, that's really what I'm hesitating on is the shutter removal. Not sure how significant they are for the MPG, but I don't want to throw them away just for an IC that's more powerful than I need. Considering, would the smaller direct replacements be just fine for me?

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Benefit of an intercooler is much more than the benefit of active grille shutters. I took those things out. If you don't have big power in your future, literally ANY intercooler upgrade will be fine for you. Get one that keeps the shutters and sleep well.

Sponsored

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Shitters, I mean shutters are worthless.

I've had 5 different intercoolers on my car. I can recommend the ATM IC as it works really well. The levels is also a nice unit.

I only recommend stock location units to people who use the car for pure street use.

Get a bigger front mount style for drag, road course and high hp applications

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
Another benefit of something like the Level's, Full Race units vs something like MAP or mishimoto and cobb, is more surface area. That helps resist heat soak longer as well. I have a Level's street IC on order. While my car is mostly street driven and is daily driven, I do like to drive spiritedly quite often. So I felt that was my best option, as well as going Vargas Stage 2 down the road. This IC can grow with the set up.
Sponsored