Sponsored

Lengthy Wait Time for a VIN

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
You'll get a VIN when it gets scheduled. They should have gotten your email when you signed the order, but yes, give it to them and ask them to have Ford send you the confirmation. Guessing you are getting a GT, because the $1000 doesn't cover Mach 1.
Yes GT and I got a reply back from salesman over the weekend saying he spoke with manager and the $1000 is applied to the deal nothing further I need to do. So we shall see! Now we just wait awhile for the vin!
Sponsored

sirernestshackleton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Focust ST
Got an email about a delay, pointing toward parts shortages. Im guessing it is still the PP. Ordered 1/25
Screenshot_20220318-180258.png

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
Got an email about a delay, pointing toward parts shortages. Im guessing it is still the PP. Ordered 1/25
Screenshot_20220318-180258.png
I just got that same email (ordered 12/30/21). I wonder if it's a general "sorry for the wait, should hear something soon" or if it means there's an actual holdup. Either way, hoping for scheduling next week...

Sponsored

cool592

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (Order)
I ordered a 201A package ecoboost vert and got the same e-mail this weekend. My order was placed 12/27/21

I got this email yesterday too! I hope it's a general apology for the delay.

OP
OP
Edjuerg

Edjuerg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang V6, 2022 Mustang GT premium P.P.
Hey everyone! A quick update: Two days ago, I received and email from Ford saying that my car is scheduled to be built on the week of May 2nd, and now has a VIN. I am super excited!

Evilmidget

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT Premium 5 spd Manual
On Friday, 25th, got my email for scheduled production the week of May 9th and got the VIN number.

lugbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
It ain't just ford. It's everything. I work at a Polaris dealer and wait times on some of them are over a year, meaning by time you get it, it's a year old. One of my coworkers ordered a 21 Ranger Northstar RC in October 2021. Just got word that it's expected build date is late August 2022, ship date sometime in Sept. But at least they're honoring the price quoted in October which currently is $3100 less than if he'd had ordered it today. The Ranger Kinetic is highly anticipated and we have currently 27 orders for them, and we're told it'll be next year. It was supposed to be Sept 2021.

I'm in the market for a new Ecoboost 200A and can't find one, and dealers are saying 4-6 months. I can't wait that long. Probably just pick up some kind of beater and drive it until the wheels fall completely off, then repeat.

I saw some of this coming with the big push to EV....manufacturers are having to completely retool, which hoses up manufacturing of current models. Plus supply chain issues. Demand is high, supply low, meaning prices are going up and up. Great if you are selling cars, but if you are buying, you are going to get duped.

Makes you wonder what's "really" going on......
Sponsored